.26 what's new

upstreammiami

Members
Nov 9, 2010
So what really new about .26. I thought the time was gonna be in the middle

Sent from my ADR6300 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

there is a dedicated APK for managing themes (i assume the updater no longer has things to do with them).
At the same time, you can no longer combine themes.

There is an option to change the "iphone themed long buttons with text" menus (those that appear when you press the menu button) for an android themed (miui custom themed) menu buttons.

Internal changes you can't see, many fixes for milestone users.

bugs:

Reboot re-sets the keyboard to "android keyboard"

Changing ringtone/default notification in settings has no effect. (you can change them with external apps tho)

I just flashed back to my 11.19 backup because of the amount of bugs found. I also noticed wifi wasn't working on my Evo with 11.26.

Contact syncing with Facebook is much better.
Messaging apps can pull pictures from contacts now.
Original Menu style option.
Music MIUI becomes the only one.
Theme app.

It's a welcome update.

I'm on a Evo so unfortunately there is no 11.26.1 release. I think the fix on Evo could be to flash bcnice's kernel but I haven't tried it out.

bugs:

Reboot re-sets the keyboard to "android keyboard"

Changing ringtone/default notification in settings has no effect. (you can change them with external apps tho)

The keyboard reset is due to the fact that you have one of the keyboard installed in SD card. This app in SD bug will clear most of the default choices (same thing goes for home launcher, etc). Fix: move all the keyboard to phone memory.

I REALLY wish they'd fix the music app.

I can't stand that it goes straight to songs when you click on a band. It should go to their albums.

Also, when you click a song, it should go to the Now Playing page, yet it doesn't. So annoying.

I thought they were gonna fix it this week but they didn't.

Anyone who knows Chinese wanna tell them about this? It almost makes me not want to use the app.

The keyboard reset is due to the fact that you have one of the keyboard installed in SD card. This app in SD bug will clear most of the default choices (same thing goes for home launcher, etc). Fix: move all the keyboard to phone memory.

swype is on the EXT3 partition.

I don't use froyo apps2sd, but it stoped reseting itself now. weird.