3G support in 900mHz

deini

Members
May 11, 2013
I'm very confused about this. At first, Xiaomi said in the specs that this phone supports 3G over 850 and not 900mHz. Now the official Xiaomi page says it supports 900mHz band.
Was it a typo, is it now, or have they changed and the latest m2s produced now supports 3g over 900mHz?
Please, if anyone knows that, answer quickly cause maybe I will sell my m2s to buy a new one if they have changed that.
Thank you very much

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

I'm very confused about this. At first, Xiaomi said in the specs that this phone supports 3G over 850 and not 900mHz. Now the official Xiaomi page says it supports 900mHz band.
Was it a typo, is it now, or have they changed and the latest m2s produced now supports 3g over 900mHz?
Please, if anyone knows that, answer quickly cause maybe I will sell my m2s to buy a new one if they have changed that.
Thank you very much

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

http://en.miui.com/thread-7648-1-1.html

Reactions: jauling and deini
This is the answer I've got from two stores (still waiting for ibuygou response)
Hi. I've read that Xiaomi has changed the specs for M2S and now it supports 3G over 900mHz network, as it says in its official webpage. I suppose that those are only the latest items produced. Could you tell me if the phones that you have for sale now work on 900 or the old 850 mHz band for 3G? Thank you

Reply: Our version is just dated this week, and this is the latest version, if you call xiaomi engineer, they will tell you their website info is wrong, it should be: 3G:WCDMA850/1900/2100MHz
But from other store i received this answer:

Dear friend,

Thank you for your email.
The smart phone Xiaomi Mi2S support 3G frequency in WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHz

Best wish,​