MULTI 4.4.18

Status
Not open for further replies.
dalvik cache wipe
My i9505 doesn't even pass the s4 boot screen

sent from my miui powered rocket ship

In order to fix a boot loop you will need to enter your Android phone’s recovery mode and then navigate to Wipe data/factory reset and select it and then clear the cache and dalvik cache in your recovery mode though the options, this will fix the boot loop. Next you need to reboot your phone and the boot loop will be gone.

Last edited:
wifi is working again, but does not connect on the network, does not recognize baseband.
I do not know if changing the modem would solve.
Translated from en via google translator

I wouldn't try to change the baseband or modem because on i9505 if you try and downgrade the baseband you might damage the mobile people have done that and broken there mobile's completely something to do with Samsung knox security thing it won't allow baseband to be downgraded wait for MIUI to release another update.

Last edited:
This was the firmware that was installed on my Galaxy s4 i9505 before updating to MIUI this might help to get WI-FI working again be good if MIUI Upgraded around this firmware

http://www.androidofficer.com/2014/02/i9505xxuemkf-android-43-xxuemkf.html?m=1

This is stock firmware your need to re-root to be able to install MIUI again

Link to re-root firmware

http://nasirtech.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/root-i9505xxuemkf-43-jelly-bean.html?m=1

I would personally wait for MIUI to produce a fix for 4.4.18 in order to get wi fi working again it's always updated weekly MIUI

Last edited:
Last edited:
If rom's baseband not matched with your device's baseband wifi won't work. It's not kernel related. Its related to rom I think. Check your baseband and take a look to these links.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2496873
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192025

4.4.11 is the ROM I am currently using its something to do with the baseband and the version of software so if your baseband is Android 4.3 and the ROM version is 4.2.2 then they don't match and you get WI-FI problems the solution on MIUI 4.4.11 is to flash the Abyss kernel and that fixes it newer MIUI updates might need a different kernel or it might just be a weekly bug and get resolved on Friday.

Hi,
I am now running 4.4.18 multi language ROM on Mi3, no immediate problems after installation but today the MIUI mail client began to FC - I cannot access my mail from the device. Trying to access the mail/IMAP settings also leads to FC. Just flashed again the 4.4.18 but the problem persists. I don't know if it is connected with the latest ROM installation. I will be happy to receive advice how to deal with that issue! Thanks.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Hi,
I am now running 4.4.18 multi language ROM on Mi3, no immediate problems after installation but today the MIUI mail client began to FC - I cannot access my mail from the device. Trying to access the mail/IMAP settings also leads to FC. Just flashed again the 4.4.18 but the problem persists. I don't know if it is connected with the latest ROM installation. I will be happy to receive advice how to deal with that issue! Thanks.

Reboot to recovery and clear the cache or try settings then apps and scroll down to e-mail and click then click clear cache and maybe clear data

Hi man,
I think that abyss kernel is just released with evey version of miui and also 4.4.18 too... If I wrong tell me... But I will see if in next friday we will get other bugs like these. Thanks.

Abyss kernel i9505 should work on all MIUI roms that are Android 4.2.2 I also noticed they removed the 4.4.18 download for i9505 so maybe a fix is coming soon keep checking the ROM download pages.

Reactions: 1eyedmonster
Hi,

Clear Email data via Settings - Apps. Then just add accounts again when starting Email wizard.

Wysłane z MI3

Reactions: radarcontact
you notify me of the facebook messages fail
facebook messages do not appear, I have to open the application to handle messages manually agluien can give me a hand?
my phone Sony Xperia Z.

you notify me of the facebook fail
facebook messages do not appear,
I open the application to handle messages manually
can someone give me a hand? please.

you notify me of the facebook fail
facebook messages do not appear,
I open the application to handle messages manually
can someone give me a hand? please.

Allow popup windows for app and autostart...

~Tapatalk~

Clear Email data via Settings - Apps. Then just add accounts again when starting Email wizard.

Wysłane z MI3

Thanks! That fixed it.

Clearing the cache only via recovery as previously suggested didn't work.

Hi,
What about the problems with bluetooth on MI3? I cannot use the phone with my car audio system, there is persistent echo and noise generated by the MI3.

Hi,
What about the problems with bluetooth on MI3? I cannot use the phone with my car audio system, there is persistent echo and noise generated by the MI3.

Did you get that problem with 4.4.18? In fact this recent update fixed my BT problem with Mi3/car connection (loss of pairing after BT restart on the phone).

That noise -- is it persistent during driving and when the car has stopped? I used to have noise intrusion at high speed due to my roof rails and ski rack. Check if this noise stays when the car is not moving.

disabled greek language ??? that's really bad ... after the issue with sms ... now we lost and the translate :(

Hi, here with the mako Nexus 4 and got the same issue, all ok after install, but now device doesnt match network in baseband. Any fix for that? tryed to change the baseband, downgrade the miui version and continue without signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.