4.4 ever coming to miui?

Angelo

Members
Feb 18, 2012
Why is miui lagging so far behind... There has been 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.3 now 4.4 and the xiaomi devices are all stuck at 4.1.2....any comm from xiaomi on updates incoming for mi2s,mi3?

Sent from my MI 2S

from personal experience and im not a developer, ill say its difficult to jump so fast because something will break. it needs intensive testing before moving to a new version. not like anyone can just copy and paste the codes over. this is my opinion anyway.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Why is miui lagging so far behind... There has been 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.3 now 4.4 and the xiaomi devices are all stuck at 4.1.2....any comm from xiaomi on updates incoming for mi2s,mi3?

Sent from my MI 2S
Just buy a Nexus if you want a higher Android version number. MI2 doesn't need a KitKat. MIUI has its own path of evolution and it doesn't rely on Android updates.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2

Reactions: ingbrzy
Just buy a Nexus if you want a higher Android version number. MI2 doesn't need a KitKat. MIUI has its own path of evolution and it doesn't rely on Android updates.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2
but new version develop new api, security improvement, security patch and better compatibility with apps (with 4.1 isn't much the difference but after 3 version of android we are behind in many part)

Reactions: deini
Not to mention fstrim and other basic Linux utilities.

That being said, my last device was a nexus, and I deliberately chose the mi2s because of miui.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

Is your Mi2 slow?

~Tapatalk 4~

I use the lagfix utility, and it makes a big difference.

9a7enyba.jpg

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

Maybe someday I will have time to implement fstrim in public miuiandroid Roms for Mi2. As I'm using it already in my MIUIPolska ROM.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7

What conditions do you have it set for? Does it run on boot, with say, greater than 30% Battery?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

Eh... No not at all. Its init.d script so its run after new version install. Of course this can also be done via cron more often. I think Wajk has same method in his rom but I'm not sure if he has it working properly.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7

Acid could you assist me in implementing it on my phone as well? I would be grateful

Sent from my MI 2S

I know this an older topic, but I still wanted to reply on the fstrim thingy. Why don't you use the WIUI ROM? It has a lot of extra features, like fstrim and battery tweaks and it looks like a normal MIUI ROM (which is the main reason I choose it).

Yes. WIUI rom is for people who wants more tweaked rom. We release only stock rom (with little mods).
But most of WIUI init.d tweaks doesnt work so...

Yes. WIUI rom is for people who wants more tweaked rom. We release only stock rom (with little mods).
But most of WIUI init.d tweaks doesnt work so...
Well, I just use it because of the battery tweaks and the little extra's. So yeah, haha.
But I can understand why one would choose the stock rom.

Some init.d tweaks don't work. But other like framework tweak or CPU yes or should. I've never used Wajk roms.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2