4.4 Kitkat for MI2a

I'm having calendar sync problems. It's not working.

Sent from my MI 2A using Tapatalk

ive tried the rom and it seems fine, but i went back to MIUI until i can root & install gravitybox

Last edited:
Ugh so aggravating this locks up my device just like the 4.3 roms do. Kitkat is really nice, in fact so nice that I may consider buying a Nexus 5.

I'm also considering buying a nexus 5. The only thing keeping me from buying is that I'm not a LG fan.

Today I tested the otg and works very well with mouse, keyboard, and external memory
I installed Spirit FM, the radio works very well

Hi guys, I hope someone can help me. I've been unable to flash this ROM. I have installed the English CWM successfully but flashing of this ROM doesn't complete. I believe the CWM versionis 6.0.3. The dual boot thing confuses me a little. After you install CWM where do you put the zip file for flashing? Thank you!

Power up your phone while holding Volume + button

You are now going to the CMW recovery menu.

- Wipe data/factory reset
- install zip
- Choose zip from /external_sd
- Go to the location where you saved the rom (.zip file)

now the rom is going to be flashed.

Afterwards i always wipe cache partiotion and advanced/ wipe dalvik cache and then reboot your phone.

Reactions: mrkrabs
Thank you for that. The trouble is that it wont flash the ROM. I've successfully booted into CWM 6.0.3.2 and selected install zip. It then asks me which system to install to - syste, 1 or system 2. I select system 1 and start flashing but it fails with the following error:

Warning: No file_context

E: Error in /sdcard/ROMS/AOSP.....4.4.zip
(status 7)
Intallation aborted.

The display shows a dead android with a red explanation mark through it. Any ideas? Thanks!

On page 3 of this thread you can read how to install using fastboot.

Sent from my MI 2A using Tapatalk

Thanks for that ArchNL! I installed theupdated CWM via Fastboot and now KitKat 4.4 is working :)

Now for some reason I can't switch on WiFi. I see my apps are still there from the MIUI build. Is it better to do a factory reset? The problem is if I do that then won't it wipe the ROM too? How will I install the ROM again? Sorry but this confuses me without an external SD. Cheers!