MULTI 5.4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who has Gmail and calendar sync issue on Mi2/S Android 5.0, please try install this google play services https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/google-play-services-7-0-99-1809214-836-android-apk-download/
Yes thanks ingbrzy
This version work and gmail can sync now. But problem of no sound when using a bluetooth (mibox or other) still existing. Also here apk don't work (I have already informed here staff no answer yet.)
Edit: Sound is OK for bluetooth equipment but I should to de-install and pair it again

Last edited:
Does it mean that my Mi2 can be upgraded straight from 5.3.27 to 5.4.3 and get Lollipop?

Sorry for double posting, but I guess this slipped by:

Is a wipe needed after flashing this kitkat beta on a MIUI5 (V50) Redmi 1S?

And are there any Redmi 1S users that have done this, to report how this firmware feels compared to MIUI5?
No v6 for your phone yet. It is for Redmi 1 (not S).

Hello everybody, and thanks to the staff for all their efforts in giving us the lollipop based MIUI V6 rom for Mi2/s

A few questions:
- Is it multilanguage?
- I am still using the last miui v5 rom on my mi2s (december 2014), will i get the ota update, or i need t download the lollipop rom and update (normal update, or differet procedure?)

Thank you very much

p.s. maybe it's still early, but what about battery life and performances by the lollipop ROM?

No v6 for your phone yet. It is for Redmi 1 (not S).
You got me confused here a bit, sorry. According to the first post there is a gucci = Redmi Note 1S (Dual SIM) firmware release, which is labelled xiaomi.eu_multi_gucci_5.4.3_v6-4.4.zip (MIUI6 therefore).

Am I missing something? Isn't this version for Redmi 1S? And if it is, is a wipe needed afterwards?

EDIT: Could not wait and tried to flash xiaomi.eu_multi_gucci_5.4.3_v6-4.4.zip on a Redmi 1S running xiaomi.eu V50 (MIUI5). It went to 98% and then threw an error... Luckily it booted ok back into MIUI5 V50. Any idea why the update is rejected?

Last edited:
You got me confused here a bit, sorry. According to the first post there is a gucci = Redmi Note 1S (Dual SIM) firmware release, which is labelled xiaomi.eu_multi_gucci_5.4.3_v6-4.4.zip (MIUI6 therefore).

Am I missing something? Isn't this version for Redmi 1S? And if it is, is a wipe needed afterwards?

EDIT: Could not wait and tried to flash xiaomi.eu_multi_gucci_5.4.3_v6-4.4.zip on a Redmi 1S running xiaomi.eu V50 (MIUI5). It went to 98% and then threw an error... Luckily it booted ok back into MIUI5 V50. Any idea why the update is rejected?
Yes. Can't you read?
Redmi 1S and Redmi Note 1S?
Can't see difference?

Also why we wrote gucci = Redmi Note 1S?

Wysłane z MI Note

Yes. Can't you read?
Redmi 1S and Redmi Note 1S?
Can't see difference?
/me slaps himself real hard :D

Sorry matey, my bad. BTW, which model is the Note 1S? The new one that has appeared after 3G and 4G?

Miui 6 L works perfect on Mi2/s!!! Thank you all.... and special thanks to graw2 and your procedure

Reactions: graw2
Hello everybody, and thanks to the staff for all their efforts in giving us the lollipop based MIUI V6 rom for Mi2/s

A few questions:
- Is it multilanguage?
- I am still using the last miui v5 rom on my mi2s (december 2014), will i get the ota update, or i need t download the lollipop rom and update (normal update, or differet procedure?)

Thank you very much

p.s. maybe it's still early, but what about battery life and performances by the lollipop ROM?
Multilanguage - Read OP (first post)
Find, in this topic, Graw2 procedure. Don´t update directly.

flashing by MiPCSuite fastboot 5.4.3 for my MI2s, can I flash your 5.4.2 whithout wipe
just flashed everything works good
now I need to flash multilanguage how to do it?

Last edited:
1) I wiped the phone following graw2 procedure
2) I DIDNT restore any apps/settings from the backup because the Google Service error came back with that. I manually installed all, and everything good for one day
3) Today I decided to install Hangout from the market => Problem re-appeared. GMail no more usable with stupid service error.

It's just plain frustrating to struggle that much :(

PS: why the heck a dumb app could break some low level service ? Doesn't smell like anything well designed

1) I wiped the phone following graw2 procedure
2) I DIDNT restore any apps/settings from the backup because the Google Service error came back with that. I manually installed all, and everything good for one day
3) Today I decided to install Hangout from the market => Problem re-appeared. GMail no more usable with stupid service error.

It's just plain frustrating to struggle that much :(

PS: why the heck a dumb app could break some low level service ? Doesn't smell like anything well designed
Hi, I directly update from 5.3.27 (I didn't use graw2 procedure) then I have the Google services error and gmail refuse to link.
Ingbrzy give a DL link to Google services apk. I DL it and install both problems are solved without clearing my data's. Here the link:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?posts/243722

Guys on 4pda.ru found a bug which leads to softbricking the phone.
To reproduce the problem you need to turn on the 'DND' mode and then restart the phone, as they say it won't boot. This bug was confirmed by several people.

Not advisable. Read the this topic and search for Graw2 suggestion.
I switch to Google PinYin keyboard and upgraded from 5.3.27 to 5.4.2 for my Mi2 successfully. I would say performance took a slight hit but I think the phone will do just fine though.

I got another question though. Does MIUI V6 comes with MiBrowser as the default browser or Chrome is the default that comes with it? It seems that from my gradual upgrades from 5.3.6, Chrome replaced MiBrowser but MiBrowser returned after that.

Reactions: thaimax
Hi, I directly update from 5.3.27 (I didn't use graw2 procedure) then I have the Google services error and gmail refuse to link.
Ingbrzy give a DL link to Google services apk. I DL it and install both problems are solved without clearing my data's. Here the link:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?posts/243722

Yes did that, so far fixed it but I wanted to avoid download APK from unknown websites :-(
Don't understand why google wouldn't update to the proper version (I had apparently an old one) from the market...

/me slaps himself real hard :D

Sorry matey, my bad. BTW, which model is the Note 1S? The new one that has appeared after 3G and 4G?
Yes. It's Redmi Note 4G with dual sim.

Wysłane z MI Note

I installed version 5.4.3 on my mi2. I immediately had problems updating facebook and google keyboard. Then I uninstalled and rinstallato and went .. after a while I went out on the play store every time I tried to install or update the app. insufficient space .. how should I do? expect the next version? now I'm back to 5.3.27

Internet calls working for me. Now I have to choose when or.not use them. Could be nice to set it for individual contacts

Please take in consideration for nect release

No GPS fix. Tested with TomTom, Maps, GPS Toolkit etc.
Was trying to get a fix for over 20m. I gave up as I arrived home.

Also BT multimedia doesn´t work with my car radio. Previous versions worked flawlessly. Nevertheless audio BT works, transmitting audio to a "dumb" BT speaker. Multimedia BT is more complex, since it involves, but not limited to, audio transmission, track metadata including album cover and track position.

What additional info can I post here to help find the cause of the bug?

Guys, does anybody knows where can I download a fastboot ROM from for Redmi (Hongmi) MTK WCDMA? My phone is dead after trying to flash V6 5.4.2. I did a full wipe, and the phone is bootlooping now.
Thanks

No GPS fix. Tested with TomTom, Maps, GPS Toolkit etc.
Was trying to get a fix for over 20m. I gave up as I arrived home.

Also BT multimedia doesn´t work with my car radio. Previous versions worked flawlessly. Nevertheless audio BT works, transmitting audio to a "dumb" BT speaker. Multimedia BT is more complex, since it involves, but not limited to, audio transmission, track metadata including album cover and track position.

What additional info can I post here to help find the cause of the bug?

Could also confirm problem with BT media. It worked great on 5.2.13 but on the latest firmware it's not working anymore.
Did installation with flashing by miflash and cleaning everything.
Also, when I just did install this firmware the way from work to home it worked fine as always, but when I turned it on one more time at home there was no sound. I noticed the music volume was set to zero. When I raised it back the sound came back. Todays morning it stopped producing sound at all. Nothing helps anymore. Also saw a new icon appears near to BT icon when connecting BT device.

Mi2S\32GB

Update:

When I cleared data in BluetoothShare app Bluetooth media returned. Will see if that helps.
By the way, my headset is SVEN AP-B450MV

Update 2:

After re-paired Mi-Band bug returned. Sad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-06-18-55-57[1].png
    Screenshot_2015-04-06-18-55-57[1].png
    1.1 MB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.