MULTI 5.9.1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, is it that simple?! Don't these zip files have to be signed or something?

It should be easy, but for the heck of it do you have any sample zip file I could use as an example?
Do not unzip it..

~Tapatalk~

Do not unzip it..

I am sorry, but I do not understand what you mean by "Do not unzip it.."

EDIT: I believe that I got it! Do you mean I should take the xiaomi.eu_multi_HM2014813_V6.6.3.0.KHJCNCF_v6-4.4.zip file, edit the build.prop directly in the zip file and then flash it?

So simple?

Hi all.

I'm a new user from Spain with a new Mi4!!!! Forgive me if this thread isn't in the right forum. I put the same post in the Mi4 forum, but no one answered me...

I would like to try this weekly rom 5.9.1/2, and I have some questions in order to install the rom beacuse I think the rom installation guide is not up to date.

Currently I have installed a V7 rom 4.4 from another webpage and CWM r8.

Here are my questions:
1.- Do I need to use a fastboot rom before install your rom 5.9.1/2? I ask this because I don't know if it's a good idea to totally reset my phone in order to avoid issues caused by my current rom. If yes, which fastboot room I need to download an install: Global or Chinese, stable or developer?
2.- If I have to install the fastboot rom, can I install your rom 5.9.1/2 by Mirecovery or do you recommend another recovery? Wich wipes should I do?
3.- If I don't have to install the fastboot rom, can I install your rom 5.9.1/2 by CWM r8 (my current recovery) or do I need to use another recovery? Which wipes I have to do?
4.- Other things that you can tell me to do a right installation would be appreciated.

I hope you can help me to install the rom and enjoy my new-amazing-incredible-handsome.... Mi4!!!!!!!

Thanks all!!!!!

Hi all.

I'm a new user from Spain with a new Mi4!!!! Forgive me if this thread isn't in the right forum. I put the same post in the Mi4 forum, but no one answered me...

I would like to try this weekly rom 5.9.1/2, and I have some questions in order to install the rom beacuse I think the rom installation guide is not up to date.

Here are my questions:
1.- Do I need to use a fastboot rom before install your rom 5.9.1/2? I ask this because I don't know if it's a good idea to totally reset my phone in order to avoid issues caused by my current rom. If yes, which fastboot room I need to download an install: Global or Chinese, stable or developer?
2.- If I have to install the fastboot rom, can I install your rom 5.9.1/2 by Mirecovery or do you recommend another recovery? Wich wipes should I do?
3.- If I don't have to install the fastboot rom, can I install your rom 5.9.1/2 by CWM r8 (my current recovery) or do I need to use another recovery? Which wipes I have to do?
4.- Other things that you can tell me to do a right installation would be appreciated.

I hope you can help me to install the rom and enjoy my new-amazing-incredible-handsome.... Mi4!!!!!!!

Thanks all!!!!!

Bueno, como eres español, te respondo en español.

Lo unico que tienes que hacer es entrar en el cwm, ir a wipe, hace un wipe data, y wipe cache, luego vuelves atras, te vas a advance y haces un wipe dalvik cache.

Luego instalas el zip desde el mismo cwm sin reiniciar ni nada, y asi tienes una instalación limpia.

Saludos

Reactions: Maximo86 and LuGoFe
Hi all.

Here are my questions:

Thanks all!!!!!
no any custom recovery needed.. just install zip via updater app - select instalaltion zip - done

Bueno, como eres español, te respondo en español.

Lo unico que tienes que hacer es entrar en el cwm, ir a wipe, hace un wipe data, y wipe cache, luego vuelves atras, te vas a advance y haces un wipe dalvik cache.

Luego instalas el zip desde el mismo cwm sin reiniciar ni nada, y asi tienes una instalación limpia.

Saludos
Thank you djsote!!!
I prefer to write in english to help others users with similar issue or doubt.

Thanks a lot!!!

no any custom recovery needed.. just install zip via updater app - select instalaltion zip - done
Thanks ingbrzy!!!
But, I don't need to do some wipes or similar???? That's why I ask about installing a fastboot rom and install your rom by CWM.
I thought if I don't do some wipe, I can carry bugs or similars from my current rom.

Thank you again!!!

Reactions: maherran
Thank you djsote!!!
I prefer to write in english to help others users with similar issue or doubt.

Thanks a lot!!!

Thanks ingbrzy!!!
But, I don't need to do some wipes or similar???? That's why I ask about installing a fastboot rom and install your rom by CWM.
I thought if I don't do some wipe, I can carry bugs or similars from my current rom.

Thank you again!!!
yea you can wipe all user data via MiRecovery as well...

yea you can wipe all user data via MiRecovery as well...
Ok.

So if I want to do a clean flash, I can do all wipes by CWM (I don't have Mirecovery) and then install the rom by updater app.
Right????

Thank you again for your support!!!

I think you need MiRecovery for install. Rooted phone you can install it with Flashify app.
Thank you Pertti.

That's an important thing. Please, can anyone confirm that you need MiRecovery to install this rom by the updater app???
Or it doesn't matter???

Thank you all!!!

I can't believe it. Gmail bug AGAIN?!!
WTF

cc9efc5308dad1434d5d00188cf52254.jpg

Hongmi 1 wcdma.
When I try to update from recovery after a while there's message: no file_contexts and the install have no more progress :(
Any tips?

Got a question... I tried to remove some apps with Titanium Backup (with Root Access), like the Email App, but it just comes back after a restart...

Are the apps just really deeply embedded like the rumoured "spywares"?

Technical question:

I'm using Redmi 1S, and trying to understand how this works.
I've found in the ZIP file of the ROM a directory called recovery, with two files inside. As far as I understood, both are copied into phone, and I guess both would install Mi Recovery when system booted.
I saw also that /system/recovery-from-boot.p is renamed to /system/recovery-from-boot.bak, and I guess this is why Mi Recovery is not reinstalled.
If I'm not wrong, this is like that.
Again, if I'm not wrong, the renaming process of the file should be produced at the very beginning on the first system reboot after flasing ROM.

Is this appreciation correct?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Every weekly update is about 500 MB.

Why can't be like china weekly update around 30 mb?

Thank you Pertti.

That's an important thing. Please, can anyone confirm that you need MiRecovery to install this rom by the updater app???
Or it doesn't matter???

Thank you all!!!
as Ingbrzy said.. just put this rom in the phone not inside any folder, then open Updater open three dots up on the right and choose update package. after this you'' have Mirecovery instead cwm

Reactions: Pitch
Gmail bug anyone else? I saw a post back with same problem.
Mods?
Yes, I had the same problem two days ago. Gmail downloaded about 150 MB in a few hours and this morning Google keyboard downloaded 50 MB!!! .
I suppose it's a miui's bug, isn't it?
My mobile is a Redmi Note 3G

Enviado desde mi HM NOTE 1W mediante Tapatalk

as Ingbrzy said.. just put this rom in the phone not inside any folder, then open Updater open three dots up on the right and choose update package. after this you'' have Mirecovery instead cwm
Thank you.
I don't care about having or not MiRecovery.
I just wanted to know if it was needed MiRecovery to flash this rom via updater app. Doubt solved!!!
I'll do the wipes via CWM and then I'll flash this rom via updater app.
Thanks again!!!

I think you need MiRecovery for install. Rooted phone you can install it with Flashify app.
I installed this on my redmi 1 via updater , but had twrp as my recovery. Once installed I found my recovery had changed to mirecovery.

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

Hongmi 1 wcdma.
When I try to update from recovery after a while there's message: no file_contexts and the install have no more progress :(
Any tips?
Place the rom on your SD card & then go to the updater & update the rom from there. That way no need to use a recovery.

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.