MULTI 5.9.1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried downloading it again in case it became corrupt file?

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

All fine thanks
0723038712f22b1353543ac882aca48a.jpg

I've done a clean install and now see this in data usage. Its too much
ffb9274832b73f211b416f31e533a0e6.jpg

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

I have the same bug with the data usage. I've disabled the data usage to prevent.
uploadfromtaptalk1441819926123.png

Envoyé from my Mi3W usando Tapatalk

Thank you Pertti.

That's an important thing. Please, can anyone confirm that you need MiRecovery to install this rom by the updater app???
Or it doesn't matter???

Thank you all!!!

It depends on the phone... On Mi3, Redmi Note 4G it worked perfectly for me, on Redmi 1(Hongmi 1) WCDMA), I had to flash it using TWRP recovery, and now the updater will not work automatically, since the recovery is still TWRP (Although it was supposed to change to MiRecovery...)

Hope this helps...

Reactions: Pitch
I think the first post has all that info (what kind of recovery for what kind of device).
Read that carefully.

It depends on the phone... On Mi3, Redmi Note 4G it worked perfectly for me, on Redmi 1(Hongmi 1) WCDMA), I had to flash it using TWRP recovery, and now the updater will not work automatically, since the recovery is still TWRP (Although it was supposed to change to MiRecovery...)

Hope this helps...
Thanks all.

I have a Mi4.
I did all wipes via CWM r8 and then flashed this rom via updater app.
All works fine.

Thanks again to all for your support!!!

Last edited:
how can i use other language if i want? like in chinese rom
i was manually add to the font (.ttf file) to system root > font directory
then my phone shown that font....
how to to this on this rom...

@ingbrzy do you believe you'll be able to support the hermes pro hardware (redmi note 2 pro) in September? Or do you foresee massive problems with it, like the ones encountered with the Mi Note (custom recovery flash required etc)?

A friend has ordered one and I was a bit against it, since no xiaomi.eu firmware exists for it...

@ingbrzy do you believe you'll be able to support the hermes pro hardware (redmi note 2 pro) in September? Or do you foresee massive problems with it, like the ones encountered with the Mi Note (custom recovery flash required etc)?

A friend has ordered one and I was a bit against it, since no xiaomi.eu firmware exists for it...
We will see..

~Tapatalk~

There might be a serious bug with Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.. It might be kernel related but be careful with this: I left my phone to discharge entirely, then when it turned off I put it to charge and didn't see the phone in 2 hours.. when I checked, the phone was vibrating and turning on and off and it was very very hot, so I removed it from the charger and waited for it to cool down. Then I turned it on and it was 14% of battery... It seems that maybe after the battery level reaches a threshold, the phone turns on, but as it was heated, the OS wouldn't boot, so it stays in a loop that keeps warming the cellphone... so be aware! I think the solution is only to charge the phone when it is on.. Because it gets 2A of energy which is a lot.

What bug?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

It's the same bug than Google's Keyboard. In my Redmi Note 3G, Gmail downloaded about 150 MB in a few hours.

How can I disable sending anonymous data? Any suggestion for Gmail bug?

Thanks in advance

Hope this helps...
Just to add...
Yesterday I changed the recovery back to MiREcovery as OTA will not work well with TWRP, We'll see how it goes on the next update...
Maybe the reason it was not working for me earlier was the fact it was MIUI5...

Thank you.
I don't care about having or not MiRecovery.
I just wanted to know if it was needed MiRecovery to flash this rom via updater app. Doubt solved!!!
I'll do the wipes via CWM and then I'll flash this rom via updater app.
Thanks again!!!
I just mean that if u flash via updater u have mirecovery instead cwm coze i thought u don't know!!!

Reactions: Pitch
Hi everybody.
Happy to read this thred, but I've a question...
On my Mi2S I'm coming from an installation via MiFlash (a few days ago) of aries_images_5.4.24_5.0_cn_05157b373b.tgz , because on en.miui.com I've been unable to unload 5.9.2 developer (problem o chinese servers???).
My Mi2S has still 2 partitions, probably because of the fact I've flashed only rom and not data and storage (option on MiFlash).
So I'm going to re-flash 5.4.24 (developer image mentioned above) on my phone (rom+data+storage), in order to create only one partition (right?) and start from a cleaned version.
After that, can I install the global 5.9.2 (yours xiaomi.eu_multi_aries_5.9.2_v7-5.0.zip) via updater? Or my I face son problems due to different kind of roms?
Is there any problem with gapps? do I have to reinstall them?

Thanks and regards to everybody!
Tommaso

It's the same bug than Google's Keyboard. In my Redmi Note 3G, Gmail downloaded about 150 MB in a few hours.

How can I disable sending anonymous data? Any suggestion for Gmail bug?

Thanks in advance
About Gmail could be due a setting to synchronize from various folders. In my case was about 1Gb, so I disabled background data to Gmail. To disable sending annoying data go to Google's Keyboard settings -> Accounts & privacy -> Improve Goggle Keyboard.

This bug probably be due Goggle Play Services

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ppbello
After installing 5.9.1 on Redmi 1S the microphone stopped working... (I did flash it through the OTA flash...) trying now to flash it through recovery
Oh... and USB mass storage seems not to work well on Windows 10 with this version...

Microphone is not working...
I am trying previous build...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.