[GUIDE] A Beginner's Guide to Flashing Xiaomi.EU Stable on Mi 10T/Mi 10T Pro/Redmi K30S Ultra (thorough & step-by-step)

vret123

Members
May 17, 2021
I know there are already quite a few guides about this but I wanted to make one that is more thorough and easier to follow.
This guide applies to:
-Mi 10T
-Mi 10T Pro
-Redmi K30S Ultra

Here are the resources needed:
-Aforementioned device
-Computer (desktop/laptop)
-USB cable
-Flash drive that can connect via USB-C (recommended but not necessary)
-SIM linked to Mi Account that has sufficient balance for mobile data
-TWRP for device (linked in the guide)
-Xiaomi.EU Stable for device (linked in the guide) [NOTE: at the time of writing the latest for our devices is v12.5.1.0]
-Patience (if you haven't unlocked your bootloader before, you have to wait at least 1 week)

Just in case anybody asks, yes the ROM for the Redmi K30S Ultra works on BOTH the Mi 10T and Mi 10T Pro. The zips for the Mi 10T Pro are old because the developers unified the ones for the Redmi K30S Ultra to work for both phones.

I'm running Stable on my Mi 10T Pro and everything works just fine.
It's way faster, cleaner, snappier than Global and for some reason has more features. If this came preinstalled on all Xiaomi phones then they would be even more appealing (but I know Xiaomi wouldn't do that because they make more money off of ads). I have NOT experienced any bugs, SafetyNet passes, banking apps work, Google Play is certified, Netflix is Widevine L1. There's a 108mp mode in the camera app so there's nothing really wrong with it.
Very satisfied with it and I'm not planning to go back on stock Global anytime soon

1.) The first step is unlocking your bootloader (If you have already unlocked your bootloader, proceed to step 1.6).
1.1) Remember your Xiaomi/Mi Account password. I recommend writing it down.
1.2) This process requires you to have mobile data. Turn on mobile data. It is expected that your Mi Account is already logged in your phone.
1.2.1) Go to your phone's settings > Mi Account > Devices > your phone > TURN ON "Find device".
1.2.2) Go to your phone's settings > Mi Account > Xiaomi Cloud (turn it on if you haven't yet) > Sync.
1.2.3) Go to your phone's settings > About phone > TAP ON "MIUI Version" multiple times until the message appears "Your are now a developer!".
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
1.2.4) Go to your phone's settings > Additional settings > Developer options > ENABLE "OEM Unlocking".
1.2.5) > ENABLE "USB debugging".
1.2.6) > ENABLE "USB debugging (Security settings)".
1.2.7) > Mi Unlock Status > (make sure your mobile data is still on) Tap on "Add account and device".
There should be a message that says "Added successfully. Mi Account is associated with this device now". If an error message appears, tap on "Add account and device" again. You must have sufficient balance for your mobile data to actually connect you to the internet.
1.3) Download minimal ADB on your computer. Here's the link: https://androiddatahost.com/wp-content/uploads/Minimal_ADB_Fastboot_v1.4.3.zip
1.3.1) Open the zip and drag out the .exe inside. Install it (to make it easier, check the "Create a desktop icon" checkbox).
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
1.3.2) Click on the desktop icon to run it. Connect your phone to your computer.
1.3.3) Type "adb devices" on the minimal adb console window and press enter. A message should appear on your phone asking for authorization. Allow it. Type "adb devices" on the console again and check if your phone is authorized.
1.3.4) Unplug your phone from your computer. Download Xiaomi's unlock tool here:
> https://en.miui.com/unlock/download_en.html
1.3.5) Extract all contents from a zip. You can make a new folder anywhere in your computer and put the contents there.
1.3.6) Run "batch_unlock.exe". When it opens, log in your Xiaomi account. It should ask you for a code sent to the sim you used mobile data on earlier.
1.3.7) Once you're now logged in, turn off your phone. Hold down the VOLUME DOWN button and POWER button. Release until "Fastboot" appears on your phone.
1.3.8) Connect your phone to your computer again. In the Unlock Tool, click "Refresh". Once your phone appears, click on it, then click "Unlock".
1.3.9) If this is the first time you're doing this, don't worry your data won't be wiped just yet. It will tell you to wait 160+ hours before you can unlock your bootloader. This is normal.
1.4) You have to wait 1 week before you can unlock your bootloader. In the meantime, DON'T remove your Mi Account from your phone and DON'T add another Mi Account. Also DON'T change your sim. You can use your device normally. Don't reset it and just wait for at least 1 week.
1.5) After 1 week has passed, unlock your bootloader using the Unlock Tool (note you have to put your phone under fastboot mode again before connecting it to your computer). Your data will be wiped so back up your data before proceeding.
1.6) Once you're done unlocking your bootloader, let your phone boot, there will be a message asking you to activate your device. Go to "Open Wifi settings" > connect to your WiFi. Then Tap on "Activate this device". You'll be asked to login your Xiaomi/Mi Account. Once done, shut down your device.
1.7) Download these necessary files for your device:
TWRP custom recovery (this one by geoanto555 is currently the best one for our device)
> https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693766094
Xiaomi.EU Stable v12.5.1.0 (I think the next version is coming in a few weeks. Stable gives about 1 update per month)
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...a_MI10T_V12.5.1.0.RJDCNXM_v12-11.zip/download
1.7.1) For convenience, rename your downloaded TWRP to "apolloTWRP".
1.7.2) For the ROM, it's more convenient to put it in a flash drive that you can connect to your phone using a USB-C adapter. If you don't have one, proceed to step 1.8.
1.8) Put your device into fastboot mode (Volume down + Power). Connect to computer.
1.9) Open minimal adb in your computer.
Type "fastboot devices" and enter. Check if your phone is listed.
1.9.1) Type and enter "fastboot boot apolloTWRP.img" (we're only doing fastboot boot, not fastboot flash because the current TWRP is not yet perfect to be flashed permanently).
1.9.2) Your phone will now boot into TWRP. Once this happens, go to Wipe > Format data > type on yes to confirm.
Once that's done, go to Reboot > Reboot to bootloader. You should be back in Fastboot mode.
1.9.3) In the minimal adb, type and enter "fastboot boot apolloTWRP.img" again. Once your phone is back in TWRP, plug in your flash drive. If it doesn't show up, go to Mount > and select it. If you don't have a flash drive, connect your phone to your computer. Your phone should show up in the File Explorer. Drag the ROM zip file to it (or you can just copy-paste).
1.9.4) If you're using a flash drive go to Install > select your flash drive > Tap on the zip file. The installation should now proceed.
If you copied it via cable, go to Install > your phone's Internal storage > Tap on the zip file.
1.9.5) Once it's done flashing, DON'T reboot it just yet. Go to Wipe > make sure to just check ONLY "Dalvik cache" and "cache".
1.9.6) Tap back on TWRP. Go to Reboot > Reboot to recovery.
Since we just "fastboot boot" the TWRP and not "fastboot flash", the TWRP was only temporary and now you're back in stock recovery.
1.9.7) This step is important. In stock recovery, > Wipe data. (Your phone won't boot without this step).
1.9.8) After wiping, > Reboot.
1.9.9) Congrats! It should take about 5-10 minutes on first boot. Don't freak out. It will work :)

2.) Regarding updates:
Xiaomi.EU Stable will get OTA updates using the built-in Updater just like in stock. If there is an update and you download it, it'll be in Internal storage > MIUI > download_rom (this may change so just explore where the downloaded ROM is located).
You will be able to Download the updates via OTA but you CAN'T directly install them since our TWRP is only temporary.
So for every update, you'd have to go to fastboot mode, "fastboot boot apolloTWRP.img", go to TWRP, and Install > the new update. A bit tedious but it's not all that bad considering Stable more or less only gets 1 update per month.
Since you already have Xiaomi.EU Stable installed at this point, you don't need to wipe anything. After flashing the update, DON'T wipe. Just reboot. But if you switch from Weekly to Stable or from Stable to Weekly, you'd have to do ALL the wiping steps again in step 1.9.

When looking for the zip for our device (Redmi K30S Ultra/Mi 10T/Mi 10T Pro), just use the find feature in your browser and search for HMK30SUltra_MI10T in the list.

3.) Polishes for a snappier and even cleaner experience
Xiaomi.EU Stable is already pretty clean but it's not perfect yet. To make it even cleaner, refer to my post here:

I hope these all helped :)

Attachments

• Lockscreen.jpg
    Lockscreen.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,687
  • ABOUTs.jpg
    ABOUTs.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 1,388
Last edited:
Thank you for writing this updated (and complete) guide!
I'm sure this will help all the newcomers :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: vret123
Thank you very much!! It's too late for me, but I'm sure the people that buy now this phone will appreciate. I don't remember if I've performed the wipe cache/dalvik after the flash though, but it seems to work (annoying WiFi bug aside)!

• Love
Thank you very much!! It's too late for me, but I'm sure the people that buy now this phone will appreciate. I don't remember if I've performed the wipe cache/dalvik after the flash though, but it seems to work (annoying WiFi bug aside)!
Yes wiping cache/dalvik is not necessary but in some cases it does fix some minor bugs.
Yeah I know there are already quite a few guides out there but they're either unclear, too general (and not specific), or incomplete.
Xiaomi.EU is awesome but I've seen a lot of people hesitant to switch to it because they're either intimidated by the process and/or afraid of bricking their device due to the lack of clarity in the instructions, especially for beginners.

that's weird. I didn't experience the Wifi bug you mentioned at all. What version of stable are you on?

I want to update my weekly rom, after I download it and flash it through TWRP, can I wipe Dalvik cache and normal cache partition?

I have a question or 2....

1. Does it support 5g? If so..will the EU rom have USA carriers?

2. Was there a software fix for speaker fone? Kinda low

Thank you

I have a question or 2....

1. Does it support 5g? If so..will the EU rom have USA carriers?

2. Was there a software fix for speaker fone? Kinda low

Thank you
1.) Yes it supports 5G. Carrier support is not determined by the software, it's by the bands the particular model supports sold in your country. That's why there are region-specific models. Since the Mi 10T series is sold in Europe and Asia, I can't really say much about US carrier support. But if I had to guess, I'm sure it supports *some* bands there but not all of them (since this phone was not made for the US in mind).

2.) I have no problem with my speakers even before going Xiaomi.EU. It was even too loud for me at times. I also haven't heard anyone else complaining about that. It's possible yours is a defective unit.

Reactions: Kooldank
1.) Yes it supports 5G. Carrier support is not determined by the software, it's by the bands the particular model supports sold in your country. That's why there are region-specific models. Since the Mi 10T series is sold in Europe and Asia, I can't really say much about US carrier support. But if I had to guess, I'm sure it supports *some* bands there but not all of them (since this phone was not made for the US in mind).

2.) I have no problem with my speakers even before going Xiaomi.EU. It was even too loud for me at times. I also haven't heard anyone else complaining about that. It's possible yours is a defective unit.
Thank you for reaching out... Getting ready to prepare my cell for for this...

• Love
Today is my day to do this....I have another question - " Mi Account > Xiaomi Cloud (turn it on if you haven't yet) > Sync. " - should all data types be selected? Gallery, messages, etc..if so.... looks like I need to purchase a package..I have media files

Thank you

I have another question - " Mi Account > Xiaomi Cloud (turn it on if you haven't yet) > Sync. " - should all data types be selected? Gallery, messages, etc..
No it's not necessary. Just select the ones you want to sync. As long as you get to tap on the Sync button.

Reactions: Kooldank
[UPDATE 07/24/2021]
I moved on to LineageOS because the Redmi K30S Ultra/Mi 10T/Mi 10T Pro is now officially supported. This means it's on their official device list so it is now regularly maintained and gets weekly updates.
If you prefer a cleaner overall experience and are willing to sacrifice some features for a snappier and vanilla ROM, then I'd much prefer it over anything MIUI.
Been rocking it for almost a month now and there are literally no bugs.

If you're on Xiaomi.EU already, the process is plain simple (but will require wiping your data so back up your files before proceeding).
1.) Download the .zip file (LineageOS ROM) and the .img file (LineageOS recovery) here.
It's recommended you download the latest files (the latest ones are always placed on the top row).
Optional: 1.1.) LineageOS doesn't come with Google apps preinstalled. If you prefer that, ignore this. Otherwise, download the gapps .zip file here.
1.2.) I recommend renaming the files to "lineage.zip" and "lineagerecovery.img" respectively ("gapps.zip" for the Google apps).
1.3.) Place them in the minimal adb directory.
2.) Put your phone into fastboot (vol down+power). Connect to PC.
Using minimal ADB:
"fastboot devices" to check if it is detected.
"fastboot flash recovery lineagerecovery.img" to replace the current recovery with Lineage's.
"fastboot reboot" Your phone should reboot. Once it does, shut it down and put it in recovery mode (vol up+power). You should now be in LineageOS' recovery.
2.1.) Disconnect phone from PC.
2.2.) In the phone, Factory reset> Format data/factory reset> Yes.
2.3.) Tap on Advanced> Mount/unmount System.
Advanced> Enable ADB.
2.4.) Apply Update> Apply from ADB. Connect phone to PC.
2.5.) Using minimal ADB:
"adb devices" to check if it is detected.
"adb sideload lineage.zip" to flash LineageOS. It should take a few minutes.
Don’t worry if it looks like it freezes at 47% (it’s not). During the flashing, a message on the phone “Signature verification failed” might appear. Ignore this and just tap on “Continue”.
2.6.) Repeat steps 2.3-2.4.
"adb sideload gapps.zip" to flash Google apps. Again, during the flashing, a message on the phone “Signature verification failed” might appear. Ignore this and just tap on “Continue”.
2.7.) "Reboot system now". First boot might take a while.

Camera app
Lineage's stock camera works for our device, but simply put, it sucks. Replace your stock camera app by downloading Telegram, logging in, and going to
https://t.me/GCamFinder_Bot
The instructions and necessary files are there.
You’d get an .apk and .xml file. If you have *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* version 7, place the xml file in Internal storage>*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*> Configs7.
Optional: If you want to get rid of the stock camera from the phone, first Enable Developer Options by going to Settings> About Phone> tapping on Build number several times.
System> Advanced> Developer Options> Enable USB Debugging
In minimal adb:
"adb devices"
"adb shell"
"pm uninstall -k –user 0 org.lineageos.snap"

Volume
You might notice the phone volume is a bit lower by default. To fix this, launch the "Audio FX" app. In the upper right portion, toggle it OFF. Volume should be ok now.

Safetynet
By default, our device is not Play Protect certified with this ROM. To fix it, download this on ur PC and place it in the minimal ADB directory.
Put your phone into fastboot. Flash the previous TWRP we used in Xiaomi.EU. Enter recovery. Flash the file using adb sideload.
Once your phone boots, Magisk Manager should be installed. Launch it. Tap the settings icon at the top right> Magisk> ENABLE MagiskHide. You should be asked to reboot your phone (if not, that's ok). Go back to the main screen of the app. Tap on the shield icon at the bottom. Toggle the Terminal ON. A terminal app should be installed on the phone. Launch it. Type "su" then enter. Give it root access.
"props" then enter. choose "1". choose "f". choose "30" for Xiaomi. choose the number corresponding with ur model. For the Mi 10T Pro, choose the one labelled "Mi 10T Pro EU" regardless of your region. You should be asked to reboot. After rebooting, go back to the Magisk Manager app> shield cion> MagiskHide> make sure Google Play Services are enabled. Now you can install the banking apps that weren't available in the Play Store before. Before launching them, make sure to Enable them under MagiskHide.

Pros:
-Clean
-Very snappy and gives the best performance because of the lack of background processes compared to MIUI.
-Unlimited Google photos backup under the "Storage saver" tier because the app mistakes the phone for a Google Pixel.
-No bugs

Cons:
-A bit of work to get Safetynet to pass.
-No Xiaomi stock apps (if you're one of those who prefer them).
-Stock camera needs replacing.

[UPDATE 07/24/2021]
I moved on to LineageOS because the Redmi K30S Ultra/Mi 10T/Mi 10T Pro is now officially supported. This means it's on their official device list so it is now regularly maintained and gets weekly updates.
If you prefer a cleaner overall experience and are willing to sacrifice some features for a snappier and vanilla ROM, then I'd much prefer it over anything MIUI.
Been rocking it for almost a month now and there are literally no bugs.

If you're on Xiaomi.EU already, the process is plain simple (but will require wiping your data so back up your files before proceeding).
1.) Download the .zip file (LineageOS ROM) and the .img file (LineageOS recovery) here.
It's recommended you download the latest files (the latest ones are always placed on the top row).
Optional: 1.1.) LineageOS doesn't come with Google apps preinstalled. If you prefer that, ignore this. Otherwise, download the gapps .zip file here.
1.2.) I recommend renaming the files to "lineage.zip" and "lineagerecovery.img" respectively ("gapps.zip" for the Google apps).
1.3.) Place them in the minimal adb directory.
2.) Put your phone into fastboot (vol down+power). Connect to PC.
Using minimal ADB:
"fastboot devices" to check if it is detected.
"fastboot flash recovery lineagerecovery.img" to replace the current recovery with Lineage's.
"fastboot reboot" Your phone should reboot. Once it does, shut it down and put it in recovery mode (vol up+power). You should now be in LineageOS' recovery.
2.1.) Disconnect phone from PC.
2.2.) In the phone, Factory reset> Format data/factory reset> Yes.
2.3.) Tap on Advanced> Mount/unmount System.
Advanced> Enable ADB.
2.4.) Apply Update> Apply from ADB. Connect phone to PC.
2.5.) Using minimal ADB:
"adb devices" to check if it is detected.
"adb sideload lineage.zip" to flash LineageOS. It should take a few minutes.
Don’t worry if it looks like it freezes at 47% (it’s not). During the flashing, a message on the phone “Signature verification failed” might appear. Ignore this and just tap on “Continue”.
2.6.) Repeat steps 2.3-2.4.
"adb sideload gapps.zip" to flash Google apps. Again, during the flashing, a message on the phone “Signature verification failed” might appear. Ignore this and just tap on “Continue”.
2.7.) "Reboot system now". First boot might take a while.

Camera app
Lineage's stock camera works for our device, but simply put, it sucks. Replace your stock camera app by downloading Telegram, logging in, and going to
https://t.me/GCamFinder_Bot
The instructions and necessary files are there.
You’d get an .apk and .xml file. If you have *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* version 7, place the xml file in Internal storage>*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*> Configs7.
Optional: If you want to get rid of the stock camera from the phone, first Enable Developer Options by going to Settings> About Phone> tapping on Build number several times.
System> Advanced> Developer Options> Enable USB Debugging
In minimal adb:
"adb devices"
"adb shell"
"pm uninstall -k –user 0 org.lineageos.snap"

Volume
You might notice the phone volume is a bit lower by default. To fix this, launch the "Audio FX" app. In the upper right portion, toggle it OFF. Volume should be ok now.

Safetynet
By default, our device is not Play Protect certified with this ROM. To fix it, download this on ur PC and place it in the minimal ADB directory.
Put your phone into fastboot. Flash the previous TWRP we used in Xiaomi.EU. Enter recovery. Flash the file using adb sideload.
Once your phone boots, Magisk Manager should be installed. Launch it. Tap the settings icon at the top right> Magisk> ENABLE MagiskHide. You should be asked to reboot your phone (if not, that's ok). Go back to the main screen of the app. Tap on the shield icon at the bottom. Toggle the Terminal ON. A terminal app should be installed on the phone. Launch it. Type "su" then enter. Give it root access.
"props" then enter. choose "1". choose "f". choose "30" for Xiaomi. choose the number corresponding with ur model. For the Mi 10T Pro, choose the one labelled "Mi 10T Pro EU" regardless of your region. You should be asked to reboot. After rebooting, go back to the Magisk Manager app> shield cion> MagiskHide> make sure Google Play Services are enabled. Now you can install the banking apps that weren't available in the Play Store before. Before launching them, make sure to Enable them under MagiskHide.

Pros:
-Clean
-Very snappy and gives the best performance because of the lack of background processes compared to MIUI.
-Unlimited Google photos backup under the "Storage saver" tier because the app mistakes the phone for a Google Pixel.
-No bugs

Cons:
-A bit of work to get Safetynet to pass.
-No Xiaomi stock apps (if you're one of those who prefer them).
-Stock camera needs replacing.

Sound great, but me personally prefer the miui interface.
One question, I can't find a recovery that can fastboot flash, and not fastboot boot, cause i want as you said - updates !
Can i flash the lineage recovery and work with eu rom and get otas ?

Sound great, but me personally prefer the miui interface.
One question, I can't find a recovery that can fastboot flash, and not fastboot boot, cause i want as you said - updates !
Can i flash the lineage recovery and work with eu rom and get otas ?
No, lineage recovery can't install Xiaomi.EU updates.

great tutorial , Im on the latest xioimi.eu stable now but Im not that impressed with it and will likely go back to stock.

When I boot back into twrp it is now asking for a password and I cant do anything like wipe data,
Why is this and can I fix it ?
Im still logged into my mi account etc

Never mind its just the unlock pin for phone, will give the rom a try for a week or so

great tutorial , Im on the latest xioimi.eu stable now but Im not that impressed with it and will likely go back to stock.

When I boot back into twrp it is now asking for a password and I cant do anything like wipe data,
Why is this and can I fix it ?
Im still logged into my mi account etc

Never mind its just the unlock pin for phone, will give the rom a try for a week or so
Try inputting your lock screen PIN/password.

Try inputting your lock screen PIN/password.
Thanks pretty much realized that was it.

Just have quick question for you.
I'm enjoying the ROM so far,can't say it's much different to the EEA ROM but maybe it's a bit quicker

I'm thinking of moving to the weekly builds though because I enjoy my updates although I know the risk of bugs.

Is the steps you have layed out in the second half of your tutorial enough for me to switch.
Eg wiping data ,installing zip from twrp etc.

If I followed that I would be ok ?
Is there anything I would need to look out for ?

Thanks and great work

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Thanks pretty much realized that was it.

Just have quick question for you.
I'm enjoying the ROM so far,can't say it's much different to the EEA ROM but maybe it's a bit quicker

I'm thinking of moving to the weekly builds though because I enjoy my updates although I know the risk of bugs.

Is the steps you have layed out in the second half of your tutorial enough for me to switch.
Eg wiping data ,installing zip from twrp etc.

If I followed that I would be ok ?
Is there anything I would need to look out for ?

Thanks and great work

The same steps apply. When moving from Weekly to Stable or Stable to Weekly, wiping data is required. But in the case of Weekly to Weekly or Stable to Stable installing zip is all you need to do.

Reactions: dermot
The same steps apply. When moving from Weekly to Stable or Stable to Weekly, wiping data is required. But in the case of Weekly to Weekly or Stable to Stable installing zip is all you need to do.
Thanks for quick reply,I might move to weekly when I have time,
In regards to updates they must be done in twrp ?

I couldn't just use the OTA or updater ?

Thanks for quick reply,I might move to weekly when I have time,
In regards to updates they must be done in twrp ?

I couldn't just use the OTA or updater ?

Sorry just read your tutorial again and it's pretty conclusive in regards to updates