MULTI 6.4.28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's confusing. I've read some reports that loading the China dev rom on Pro borks the fingerprint reader and the sim card recognition. Fingerprint I can live without but not sim. It seems impossible to get a straight answer on this.

But if you can then immediately flash the xiaomi.eu ROM on it, this shouldn't be an issue, right?

On the Gemini settings app FC when I open additional settings, and after rooting with supersu 2.71 I lost my Wi-Fi ,it's not working anymore ,can swich on, go back to off.
For now back to 2.6.21 for Gemini, working perfect here ,thanks.

Are you sure, you have the right kernel? When I booted China Dev 6.4.14 with the Xiaomi.eu 6.4.21 kernel, I got the same WiFi problem.

Hmm, maybe a modem problem not kernel. You make me wonder...
What modem you have now with 6.4.27 ?

Well, it's confusing. I've read some reports that loading the China dev rom on Pro borks the fingerprint reader and the sim card recognition. Fingerprint I can live without but not sim. It seems impossible to get a straight answer on this.
I've the china dev rom on my redmi 3 pro (unlocked but without Twrp) and everything works fine (fingerprint and italian sim card)

Reactions: realtebo and CGA11
Hi, installed 6.4.27 over .21, my mi5 is not rooted anymore. So i wanted to flash supersu zip in twrp but it freezes after twrp is opened/loaded. More people with this problem.?

Thanx :)

OK, mee too still on 6.4.21 and waiting for next version, skipping 6.4.27 too much problems.

After further investigation I can definitely say that 6.4.28 and 6.4.21 are causing MIUIs Settings Menu to crash when tapping on "Advanced Settings" (tested on Hermes).

I tested this by updating from 6.4.14 to each of them separately. (.14 to .28, rollback to .14, from .14 to .21)
Each time after the update the Problem did appear again.

I'm currently back on .14, where this problem does not occur. I hope this problem will get fixed soon.

Reactions: Omnio
My gallery and notification light a bit laggy when i use this rom

When i want to open picture,the animation a bit lagging,

Btw im using MI4S right now, can u fix it sir?

Reactions: Itachi-senseï
After further investigation I can definitely say that 6.4.28 and 6.4.21 are causing MIUIs Settings Menu to crash when tapping on "Advanced Settings" (tested on Hermes).

I tested this by updating from 6.4.14 to each of them separately. (.14 to .28, rollback to .14, from .14 to .21)
Each time after the update the Problem did appear again.

I'm currently back on .14, where this problem does not occur. I hope this problem will get fixed soon.
Have you freezed printing services? Because some people were suffering crashes on advanced setting because of doing that

In that case I'd delete Google Play entirely from my device, download the current APK of it and install it fresh.
If your Device is rooted, of course...

//Edit: Unable to enter the Advanced Settings after applying this update. It simply throws me back to Home Screen. Rolling back now. Bad Release this week.
Read previous thread! Dont disable cloud print! Otherwise Additional settings will fc.

Have you freezed printing services? Because some people were suffering crashes on advanced setting because of doing that
Read previous thread! Dont disable cloud print! Otherwise Additional settings will fc.
Thank you very much for pointing me at the discussion about that in the previous Thread as I had skipped last weeks Update in the first place.
Thats exactly my issue, but I will not unfreeze Cloud Printing as I prefer to stick to my zero tolerance policy against all that Cloud-BS.
I don't know what this new "Printing"-Menu is for or why it recently belongs to the Advanced Menu, but forcing Users to have Apps running in the background, which are not essentially required, is a Problem the Devs should have to fix, not the Users have to live with.

I remember to have frozen Cloud Printing as I was unable to entirely remove "Print to Google-Drive", which I'm very hostile to. So if anyone can tell me an alternative way to stay away from this Cloud-BS, I'd be very thankful.

hi everybody,

i'm on 6.2.4, could i upgrade to this version simply by installing it or i should install any of the intermediate versions first?

thanks,
michael

Status
Not open for further replies.