MULTI 6.6.30

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that they don't need, still he asks how to disable entirely...

Edited first mine post about solution to clear up and add simplier way to solve issue.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk
Wow. Condescending, much? I have done the steps highlighted, and mi browser still opens when I click a link be it from Gmail or chrome or anywhere else. Yes, chrome is set as browser default. Yes, cache is cleared for both browser and chrome. No, I don't have the option to chose default, browser just opens.

I'm guessing this might be specific to the redmi 3s, mine is the 32gb variant.

Since for some reason mi browser is jacking my default browser for some reason, I wished to disable it for the time being till another ROM is available. This happens to both China stable and developer Roms. Root access already granted from the security app, however the option to disable mi browser is greyed out.

I will explore the options to disable mi browser in the mean time. Thanks to the replies that were not condescending though, much appreciated.

Reactions: thaimax
Simple way: go to settings, go to installed apps, click on "defaults" button, click on browser and choose Chrome as default.

If doesn't helps, try this:
Go to settings, installed apps. Find browser app, clear "default setting", also clear data and cache of app.
Go back, find chrome, clear data and cache.
Open chrome app, do some search and click on some Google results link.
When you be asked with which browser to open link, put remember my choice and click on Chrome icon.

Btw, just out of curiosity, did you clear davlik cache in twrp after flashing rom?

Edited: to clear up and add simplier solution.

Didn't work I'm afraid.

Wow. Condescending, much? I have done the steps highlighted, and mi browser still opens when I click a link be it from Gmail or chrome or anywhere else. Yes, chrome is set as browser default. Yes, cache is cleared for both browser and chrome. No, I don't have the option to chose default, browser just opens.

Since for some reason mi browser is jacking my default browser for some reason, I wished to disable it for the time being till another ROM is available. This happens to both China stable and developer Roms. Root access already granted from the security app, however the option to disable mi browser is greyed out.

I will explore the options to disable mi browser in the mean time. Thanks to the replies that were not condescending though, much appreciated.
Try uninstall chrome and installare again then when open any link tap on remember the choose, maybe will works

None of your ideas work for me. Chrome app is default but the link still open through browers.

---
As always, I wipe dalvik cache before flashing new rom.

Root. Install Titanium Backup. Freeze stock Browser.
If no unintended shenanigans then use Titanium Backup to Uninstall the stock Browser.

I've already uninstalled mine with no negative effects so far.

Reactions: spaiduhz
Hello, read this, found on the internet
Impostazioni ; Applicazioni ; Gestione applicazioni ; su Wahtsapp disattivare le notifiche. spegnere il telefono; riaccendere il telefono; stesso procedimento e riattivare notifiche ; fare il riavvio del telefono.
I had tried this solution ma nothing happends...

Installed on mi-4c, ROM is great!

couple of things that i'm not sure it's collective problem or settings on my end:
1) Wallpaper Carousel - i remember somewhere back in MIUI7 releases this used to work, not anymore.
2) Disable apps - I enabled some system apps that used to be disabled (Mail, Calendar, Miremote) and now i cannot disable them back again...
3) it would be great to have an option to remove unnecessary toggles from the notification shade.
Thanks! :)

Hi @PETXHMN , ive ugraded my HMNoteW using the steps provided with the 2gb system repartition method and it was working fine with just abit issue regarding weak signal strength. Ive noticed you post a new method which repartition the system to 1gb. Should i reflash my phone to 1gb system or just use the 2gb system partition ?
Thanks in advance.
Personally I recommend new method,it prevent 1GB capacity lose in /data....

Reserving 2GB space for /system is not really necessary, the free space is 1.15GB after rom installed.
1GB /system works fine with enough free space(about 190MB).

By the way, new method is easier

If you don't care about a smaller /data, there's no need to RePart to 1G /system.
Both 2GB,1GB /system works fine for Miui8.

Last edited:
So far so good, my new kenzo just get bootloader unlocked today.
Multi from still my preferred.

Thanks for multi miui Eu team

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have random reboots on mi4 lte? On this and previous update...

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk

Well I bought titanium pro to freeze browser, and it still appears in the app drawer. I uninstalled it and rebooted the phone, and it's still in the app drawer. Weird. Tried to open it to see what's up, and browser crashes.

And yes, opening links in Gmail or chrome or Firefox, most open in browser, which immediately crashes.

Trying to restore browser now. If this still becomes weird, I might as well wait for the next official ROM. Looks like they screwed this up something good.
Root. Install Titanium Backup. Freeze stock Browser.
If no unintended shenanigans then use Titanium Backup to Uninstall the stock Browser.

I've already uninstalled mine with no negative effects so far.

Hi, awesome update, thanks for all your hard work!!

I did a full wipe from MIUI 7 multi and I have a problem with autostart permissions. I grant autostart to about 12 apps, all of them work except two: AutoScreenOnOff (for flip cover using proximity sensor) and Kernel Adiutor (for memory management). With MIUI 7 these apps started with no problem. Now with MIUI 8 they do not start even after having been granted permissions in Security > Permissions > Autostart. SuperSU 2.74 installed from TWRP.
Does anyone have the same problem? Maybe also a solution?

Redmi Note 2 Prime

"So we decided to upload OTA only once per month and not weekly... Users who are lazy to go here and download zip manually, can wait over month to get new version via OTA, they just dont care about new updates..."
This? Ok, Thx.

Ok let's clarify something...
You need to have this options on "installed apps" if you have, you need to check and change what browser will be default one, if you don't have then it's big possibilities that you have screwed rom or bug in rom which other user of your rom would have.

dc9e14cece59e62922cbb9f8ecc113b6.jpg

be7c6420410bec846660aa0de9d04c14.jpg

Now what can you do...
You can freeze miui browser or complete uninstall it by apps from Google Playstore( ice box - app freezer etc)
Or you can re-download rom again(just to be on safe side), flash again but this time wipe all partitions(not just davlik cache).

This are all possibilities you have atm.
I hope this can help you.

Reactions: spaiduhz

any other redmi3s useres facing this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.