MIUI 8.2 6.8.25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am very satisfied, the ROM is absolutely perfect, the Wi-Fi is phenomenal, syncs everything works on the first try, perfect notifications, fluidity, very clear strong voice, data connection ok, very responsive brightness sensor, battery about 15% SOT 1 hour, approximately 1% with Wi-Fi standby every hour. Absolutely one of the best ROM I tried
Screenshot with three fingers, no. Application security a bit old, you can install SuperSu. Save all the data, and make a clean installation
please what is the best way for save data and make a clean install . The process say factory reset, but I don t found it and I am affraid by loosing bootloader unlocked.
I have already saved pictures and music and curent app list on external usb flash key is that enough before update the new rom?
I use MI4S

Hi.

Thanks, works great on my Mi4c.
I want to install this on MiPad2 too. Where can I get a working version of GAPPs for MiUi 8. I had trouble installing GAPs on the global ROM of my MiPad2 in previous versions (error 963 when trying to install any app). I don't want to break it again.

Cheers.

Enviado desde mi Mi-4c mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: realtebo
please what is the best way for save data and make a clean install . The process say factory reset, but I don t found it and I am affraid by loosing bootloader unlocked.
I have already saved pictures and music and curent app list on external usb flash key is that enough before update the new rom?
I use MI4S
Hello, Redmi Note 2, the bootloader does not lock
For backup I do always with Mi Cloud
In my opinion this is the best setup
Wipe system but then you still have to unlock the bootloader
With wipe data not think, TWRP remains. Then wipe data, wipe cache and wipe Dalvik
Redmi Note 2 lose TWRP with wipe system, not with wipe data
Some guides suggest to flash official ROM with Miflash, unlock bootloader, install TWRP and flash ROM eu
You speak Italian?

Ciao, io ho Redmi Note 2, il bootloader non si blocca
Per il backup io fare sempre con Mi Cloud
Secondo me l'installazione migliore e' questa
Wipe system ma poi il bootloader devi ancora sbloccare
Con wipe data non credo, twrp rimane. Allora wipe data, wipe cache e wipe Dalvik.
Io con Redmi Note 2 perdo twrp con wipe system, non con wipe data
Alcune guide suggeriscono di flashare la ROM Ufficiale con Miflash, sbloccare bootloader, installare TWRP e flash ROM eu
Parli Italiano?

Last edited:
Reactions: Arquo
Hi,
Problem with bluethoot in apairing with my Macbook pro El Captain with the new Rom 6.8.27, i will try to downgrade to 6.8.25 or 6.8.18 and try again
Someone has the same problem ?
Thanksss

Hello, Redmi Note 2, the bootloader does not lock
For backup I do always with Mi Cloud
In my opinion this is the best setup
Wipe system but then you still have to unlock the bootloader
With wipe data not think, TWRP remains. Then wipe data, wipe cache and wipe Dalvik
Redmi Note 2 lose TWRP with wipe system, not with wipe data
Some guides suggest to flash official ROM with Miflash, unlock bootloader, install TWRP and flash ROM eu
You speak Italian?

Ciao, io ho Redmi Note 2, il bootloader non si blocca
Per il backup io fare sempre con Mi Cloud
Secondo me l'installazione migliore is questa
Wipe system ma poi il bootloader devi ancora sbloccare
Con wipe data non credo, twrp rimane. Allora wipe data, wipe cache e wipe Dalvik.
Io con Redmi Note 2 perdo twrp con wipe system, non con wipe data
Alcune guide suggeriscono di flashare ROM Ufficiale con Miflash, sbloccare bootloader, installare TWRP e flash ROM eu
Parli Italiano?
no I don't speak Italian but small English by obligation in the forum.
My phone is Mi4S bootloader already unlock so I will continue cherching best way thank for your help

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stefano131270
There's this string in calculator.apk\strings.xml

<string name="dot">.</string>
If you change that to a comma the dot will appear as a comma but I'm not really sure if that's gonna f**k it up or maybe let both the . and , appear as a ,
Because I can't find a string responsible for the comma so you can't just simply swap them. Maybe you can ask @ingbrzy if it's possible at all.

Thanks, tried but without success.
@ingbrzy: do you have any idea?

Ok I see it in system apps but if i try select... then error message..
maybe I will install global., but i'm affraid to loose bootloader permission if I install after a factory reset.
what is the better way?

Turn off permission completely, clear dalvik and cache, see if any changes if not then try to reinstall rom, re-download rom file again. It could be either corrupted while downloading or while flashing.
Also wipe data in twrp when flashing.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Turn off permission completely, clear dalvik and cache, see if any changes if not then try to reinstall rom, re-download rom file again. It could be either corrupted while downloading or while flashing.
Also wipe data in twrp when flashing.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk
All that already done and rom was installed once and working it's only affter re-install same zip file that the problem comes

i got error 7 while installing...

then i found a solution...

you should edit the file in the zipped file as follows :

xiaomi.eu_multi_MINotePro_6.8.25_v8-5.1.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

you should edit and delete the first part of this file till text which starts with " mount"

deleted part :

getprop("ro.product.device") == "leo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "leo" || abort("This package is for \"leo\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

it can be different for other versions. just delete it till "mount"

that's all !

good luck !

Reactions: realtebo
Hello, I am very satisfied, the ROM is absolutely perfect, the Wi-Fi is phenomenal, syncs everything works on the first try, perfect notifications, fluidity, very clear strong voice, data connection ok, very responsive brightness sensor, battery about 15% SOT 1 hour, approximately 1% with Wi-Fi standby every hour. Absolutely one of the best ROM I tried
Screenshot with three fingers, no. Application security a bit old, you can install SuperSu. Save all the data, and make a clean installation

Ciao Stefano, which device are you using? Just curious! I have flashed it just for fun dirty, over the 6.8.18. Weird, but no problems!

I don't understand your sarcastic answer ^^
For kate there is only global roms and since xiaomi.eu is based on china roms its not possible to have a xiaomi.eu rom for kate

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk

For kate there is only global roms and since xiaomi.eu is based on china roms its not possible to have a xiaomi.eu rom for kate
I know well the xiaomi.eu ROM are based on EN/CN Dev ROM.

Ah sh*t. "kate" link [6.8.18] is for the Global Dev ROM^^
Sorry :)

Last edited:
Reactions: KcNirvana
I would like to know why in the default music app ( 6.8.25 but also in all previus release) it is impossible to have lyrics, there is the option but it doesn't work.
Nobody would like to have this function?

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

The same error on my Redmi 3 Pro in Portuguese!

Not found the bug on rn2prime in Italian version. It's mostly a translation problem

Hello, I installed stable version of curiosity last week. The weekly is pure fun for me on Friday. Someone with Redmi Note 2 prime tells me, please, how it goes?
Stable if anyone cares is absolutely perfect, great voice, great Wi-Fi, good battery about 5 hours SOT, phone fast, synchronizations without slipping
Bye thank you

Se ti riferisci a questa weekly è similare.. Ottima e senza bug.
Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi, anyone have info what's new in the 6.8.27 version for Mi5? Any special stability and/or performance improvements?

Thanks

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Hello, I installed stable version of curiosity last week. The weekly is pure fun for me on Friday. Someone with Redmi Note 2 prime tells me, please, how it goes?
Stable if anyone cares is absolutely perfect, great voice, great Wi-Fi, good battery about 5 hours SOT, phone fast, synchronizations without slipping
Bye thank you
stefano, did you install the last global stable or the last china stable reviewed by xiaomi.eu? and it seems very good?
thanks

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.