MIUI 9.1 7.11.16

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WhatsApp notification sound does not work on my mi 5x

MI 5X cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Same problem here on Mi 5s Plus.

Notifications seems to work, the problem is when you select a custom sound for every notification.

In my case, if i choose one sound for chats and another one for groups, no sound is ringing, but if i let the default sound (even if it is customized from the settings/sound/default notification sound) then it is working.

Same problem happen in Telegram, if i choose a customized sound by myself is not working, but if i let the sound as default, then it works.

So, the only way to keep your notifications working is choose one sound in the settings/sound/default notification sound, and then select default sound on every chat app you use. BUT you only will have one sound for everything, but at least one sound :)

Reactions: Michael_K
SIM 2 problem is NOT confirmed on my Mi Mix 2 [128/6GB].

SIM 2 disabled at time of upgrade to 7.11.16 (with root from SuperSU 2.82), turning on the SIM2, setting voice services to that SIM and rebooting, it reboots correctly (SIM 2 on). Process reversed to turn off SIM 2, followed by reboot, SIM remains off.
No problem on your machine but not mine. Don't be so sure.

I did some more tests. Insert only functional SIM card on the SIM 2 slot and there is no data connection. The modem firmware in this update is broken in some ways. Go back to the old one and everything is fine.

Redmi 4x, same problem in previous version too.
4556dbe3de6a82c89595f8691c11a9f3.jpg

All seems ok in my Redmi 4X
Including whatsapp notifications.
Very cool face recognition
Thanks very much.

Reactions: isakac
No problem on your machine but not mine. Don't be so sure.

I did some more tests. Insert only functional SIM card on the SIM 2 slot and there is no data connection. The modem firmware in this update is broken in some ways. Go back to the old one and everything is fine.
So now the problem has changed, first reported that SIM2 would not turn off, now it is that it's not working on data.....

Everything fine on Mi5 but one question :

I want to install Magisk instead of SuperSU. How do I proceed ? Is it enough to install the Magisk Zip with TWRP or do I have to also install Magisk Manager ?

Finally, where can i found the last version of Magisk ?

Thanks in advance !

Thanks for another amazing ROM.

I have been using Stable ROMs but I am thinking about changing to this Weekly.

I have the RN3SE Kate, and I wanted to know two things. First, I need to do a full wipe before flashing the Weekly "over" Stable? I have the bootloader unlocked officially.

Second, I wish to maintain my device Safety Net certified. How can I accomplish that? Magisk? Any tutorial?

Thank you.

I want to install Magisk instead of SuperSU. How do I proceed ? Is it enough to install the Magisk Zip with TWRP or do I have to also install Magisk Manager ?

Thanks in advance !
yup, that link on 1st post is redirect to latest build

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

Thanks in advance !

search xda Magisk ...

there is a sticked post... download links there... (Magisk, uninstaller and Manager... Magisk version 14 included It)

Install the flasheable zip using TWRP...

if you can't pass through SafetyNet flag ... Universal SafetyNet Fix v2 Beta5 would be useful... but is not guaranteed It

Don't use SuperSu together... If had a SuperSu previous installation, "full" uninstall is recommended

search xda Magisk ...

there is a sticked post... download links there... (Magisk, uninstaller and Manager... Magisk version 14 included It)

Install the flasheable zip using TWRP...

if you can't pass through SafetyNet flag ... Universal SafetyNet Fix v2 Beta5 would be useful... but is not guaranteed It

Don't use SuperSu together... If had a SuperSu previous installation, "full" uninstall is recommended

Thank you!

I currently have SuperSU. But on the previous times I tried to uninstall it bootlooped the phone. Full wipe and clean ROM install will not clean it?

Thanks once again.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance !

Install magisk manager, you can find it in apkmirror.com. Open it, click install and reboot.

Are there new problems with second space? With this latest version, I can't use my fingerprints which were reserved for second space on my Mi6.
Languages tested: EN-uk and NL-nl.
This morning it worked with last weeks rom.

Please verify and let me know if you checked it.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.