MIUI 8.2 7.2.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After flashing I tried to unlock my bootloader but Miunlock gives following message : "couldn't verify device - No need to unlock this device.
My device is a mi max prime.
Is my bootloader not locked? How can I verifie?

Thanks for the update, I want to ask, currently I'm on LineageOS 14.1 on my Mi Max (using 7.1.5 firmware from MIUI), can I just do clean install on top of it? or do I need to revert back to last Android 7.0 for Mi Max via fastboot and start all over again (installing TWRP)?

EDIT: regarding the relock of the bootloader, is it applied also to Mi Max/Mi Max Pro? cause from the original thread on MIUI Forum, it will only apply on Mi 4c, Mi Note Pro and Mi 4S.

I would like to know this to i m also on LineageOS on my Mi Max

The boot loader is locked also for users coming from mi5 still having latest developer marshmallow?

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi. Thanks for this update.
In this one and in the previous one, there is a problem with the app MediatekSmartDevice. I use it to connect my AIWATCH C5 to my MI5 Pro and I get this error log :

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bad magic number for Bundle: 0x2f0068
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java)
at com.google.android.gms.internal.jt$a$a.a(Unknown Source)
at com.google.android.gms.internal.lv.a(Unknown Source)
at com.google.android.gms.internal.jl.N(Unknown Source)
at com.google.android.gms.internal.jl$f.onServiceConnected(Unknown Source)
at com.google.android.gms.internal.jn$a$a.onServiceConnected(Unknown Source)
at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher.doConnected(LoadedApk.java)
at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher$RunConnection.run(LoadedApk.java)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)

Have a nice day.

I think I will stay with the last beta before for my Mi4c. Unlocking bootloader, installing and risking to brick my phone - thanks, but no, thanks. It's not the end of the world.

Thanks for your continued efforts!!!

Reactions: SirRasor
After flashing I tried to unlock my bootloader but Miunlock gives following message : "couldn't verify device - No need to unlock this device.
My device is a mi max prime.
Is my bootloader not locked? How can I verifie?
fastboot oem device-info

Reactions: Stefano131270
Installation on Mi4c was succefull (During Installation i get two red line errors on twrp something about "cannot execute command" but at the end script was completed succefull.

On first minutes of fisrt boot after installation there is many lags (no sim card detected, screen blink), but after ten (10) minutes which i dont touch smartphone (During this period i had error messages about google playstore) phone seems to works as it should. After this sort period of ten(10) minutus google services and other apps updated.

Now seems to works
Thank you Xiaomi.EU team you are the bests !!!!

Can I dirty flash Max pro eu weekly to this weekly? Is the bootloaders also locked then?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI MAX met Tapatalk

Installation on Mi4c was succefull (During Installation i get two red line errors on twrp something about "cannot execute command" but at the end script was completed succefull.

On first minutes of fisrt boot after installation there is many lags (no sim card detected, screen blink), but after ten (10) minutes which i dont touch smartphone (During this period i had error messages about google playstore) phone seems to works as it should. After this sort period of ten(10) minutus google services and other apps updated.

Now seems to works
Thank you Xiaomi.EU team you are the bests !!!!
Same!!! But i wonder if we need unlock bootloader after installation? Can we install orther next weekly update without unlock bootloader?

Reactions: Morvarid
it seems i have problem after installing this rom on my Mi4S, its very lag (i didn't wipe it yet)
i recently re unlocked my bootloader, and try go to TWRP from updater but it's only turn off my device
reinstalling the TWRP and then try to boot from fastboot it says "FAILED (remote: dtb not found)"
anyone can help me?

Anyone with Redmi note 2 can give feedback and tell me the baseband version? Thx in advance

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Stefano131270
I have Mi4C. I do not understand how to upgrade to to Android 7.0.
You are saing:
How to upgrade to Andoid 7.0:
Install MIUI 6.12.22 before updating to Android 7.0..
Select zip in Updater - menu - select zip
In case of issues, wipe /data in TWRP
Unlock your bootloader again

So, I need to have 6.12.22. I have it for december 2016. Than install TWRP - TWRP_libra_7.0.zip? That is the new twrp that I saw. Or leave the old TWRP and anfeter Android 7, that put the TWRP 7.0.zip? Than in updater select ZIP and aupdate the Android 7?
Thank you for the reply.

I hope the fact that this rom relock the bootloader is a one time occurence.

If we have to unlock the bootloader at each update it's going to be hell, especially when you have multiple xiaomi phones (MI5/Mi Note Pro).

Also I thought you shoudn't lock the bootloader with a custom recovery, only the official recovery could unlock the phone at one point, it has been fixed ?

Upgraded to Miui Nougat without isseus following instructions. I just asked for unlocking booloader via linked procedure. Do you know how many time will it need?

I do not see anything to rejoice. They should optimize the use of ram memory and battery expense, in addition to taking better advantage of our xiaomi hardware that looks and feels fast and lightweight does not make you feel heavier and lazy with each update, add API as Camera 2 and vulkan, the processing of photographs can improve, add gestures with the fingerprint reader, in addition you have to speak clearly the notification system is more than discontinued in devices Android 6.0+ should leave the Android stock, this would make MIUI Advance not adding unnecessary features that make this layer heavier and loaded with things that most users will never use, instead of adding things to the silly should improve and optimize to the maximum what they already have, putting EMUI example was the worst Asian layers (heavy, overloaded applications, replacing Android stock functions that ended up working worse, bad battery management, etc.) and EMUI is currently giving a thousand laps to MIUI, in my opinion MIUI should do a serious cleaning remove functions and modifications in MIUI that makes better Android stock, in addition to worrying more to update the version of Android than to update the layer MIUI, to put the batteries with the updates as they are doing the Asian huawei or one plus and above all listening to its community, looking for more The path to Android stock, clear while still being MIUI and is possible EMUI example, so let's not be a conformist community and let us listen, this is not littering on xiaomi for nothing done MIUI I love it and EMUI hated it only I am currently witnessing how MIUI lags far behind the competition software that for example are implementing artificial intelligence in their layers while ours puts nonsense effects and things

I totally agree. They work on extra features that most of us can live without while the basics, the things that make the customers love or hate their devices, are not solved.
Last summer, GPS was half green bars on GPStest and steady 3 meters fix. Today, same phone, no more green bars and I'm lucky if I get 10 meters precision. How can a brand like that can manage to make things worse and still think we value more a new button style for gallery app...?

Today I feel let down by Xiaomi. On the beginning, three years ago, I praised to other people how the would follow up their devices with great talent. In my family, 3 out of 4 phones are Xiaomi! Today, I feel like each week is a new disappointment.
Next phone may be a Huawei if you say that they make better work.

Reactions: Morvarid
Status
Not open for further replies.