MIUI 8.2 7.2.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any review for new version of 7.2.9 rom for mi4s? Im gonna flash this rom. Is battery issue fixed? And how about twrp? Is mi4c version safe to flash on my device? as i will lost mine after update the rom. And lost my ''unlocked bootloader'' too. I know i have to unlocking it again using miflash. Then flash new twrp.

Is TWRP integrated in the new uploaded
ROM for Mi4S?

I installed ROM 7.2.9 on my Mi 4S, but my bootloader re-locked and lost my TWRP.
I was able to unlock the bootloader, but after installing twrp, it does not start and it is stuck in the MI logo.
I tried to boot but the dtb error.
Can someone help me?

Exactly the same problem with my Mi-4c
First, you flash the ROM by updater method.
Second, If you have permission from xiaomi to unlock the bootloader, then you have to use miunlock, the link is on the first page.
Third, download this twrp, for mi4c, mi4s, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByP6S_Z3vDjWY1hhdFhfdnhvVVU/view
And you must install it in adb mode
fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3030.img
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3030.img
Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk

One short question: if I'm making any modifications with kernel audiutor - after flashing new version - I lost my settings in app or not?

Exactly the same problem with my Mi-4c

Same process for me, but my Mi4C do start correctly. I've used TWRP 3.030 as described below.

Full story:

I had an unofficial unlocked device (I was never able to unlock bootloader with official app, always stuck at device verification), I had partially unlocked by downgrading method. I've flashed TWRP through official Play Store app (root permissions), then I did install 6.12.22 using updater app, and again, installed 7.2.9 also using updater app.

I've lost the recovery (phone shuts down trying to enter, after 5-10 seconds of reebooting to recovery). I've asked for unlock and received both SMS in less than 5 minutes (confirmation of phone number and confirmation of the right to unlock, THANKS XIAOMI!!!). Unlock took has worked flawlessly, and then I've been able to flash newer recovery 3.030 (as suggested and linked by @ingbrzy on page 3).

By now, not much battery drain (I'm using phone a lot, by the way, not easy to compare really)​

Thanks a lot for the work, you're awesome

I installed ROM 7.2.9 on my Mi 4S, but my bootloader re-locked and lost my TWRP.
I was able to unlock the bootloader, but after installing twrp, it does not start and it is stuck in the MI logo.
Can someone help me?
Firstly erase existing recovery after that install again, it would be working in some cases

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

The updated rom for MI 4S allows a clean install. The first rom used to fail authentication of device.
Use updated rom, do a clean install, use SuperSU V2.79 and TWRP for Nougat as mentioned in earlier posts, then everything will be fine and phone will run as well as smoothly as in earlier roms.

Using SuperSU V2.78 or below will cause an issue with VoLTE.

Hello i flashed my mi max hydrogen without problems just downloaded and flashed from the updater app everything works twrp is still here kept the bootloader unlocked and flashed superuser 2.79 without any problems all working. So i ask you if i want to flash the reuploaded rom with the battery drain fix can i do it safely directly from the twrp recovery or i must do the flash route via the updater app again? I think it should be the same but im not sure and i dont wanna mess something so if anyone has some sort of experience with that or advice please tell i would be very grateful. And i also wanted to thank xiaomi.eu ingbrzy developers and our community for all the hard work and advices that you do to make us happy i respect it very much all the best to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sw3ety
Hi team, much appreciated of the hard work of Xiaomi.eu developers! My status is: MiNote Pro with locked bootloader and battery drain problem. I applied for unlock, but not lucky enough to receive second SMS with approved unlock rights. I downloaded the updated ROM, tried to install it via Updater (I have no other option). After automatic restart the phone didn't update anything, just a regular boot.

Any ideas how to install reuploaded ROM?

How about battery issue?
With first release of xiaomi.eu i had very big problem with battery drain. Since late last night i have install reuploaded version for mi4c from xiaomi.eu team and now seems to work nice. But we have to wait 2-3 days of full usage.

Στάλθηκε από το Mi-4c μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hi team, much appreciated of the hard work of Xiaomi.eu developers! My status is: MiNote Pro with locked bootloader and battery drain problem. I applied for unlock, but not lucky enough to receive second SMS with approved unlock rights. I downloaded the updated ROM, tried to install it via Updater (I have no other option). After automatic restart the phone didn't update anything, just a regular boot.

Any ideas how to install reuploaded ROM?
It takes 3 days at least, for getting the unlock permission SMS. Be patient.

Sent from my Redmi Pro

All good in Redmi pro, battery seems better than previous version with first cycle, almost 4 hours SOT with 50%, thanks for the rom!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Pro mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Morvarid
Hi guys! I have a Mi Note Pro (leo) and I have just updated it from 5.1 to Nougat. The main problem is battery drain (quite huge when using the device). Now, my bootloader is locked and I do not know how to unlock it (I have applied for unlocking permisions now, my device was previously unlocked). Do you know if there is a fastboot command that unlocks your device or other method to install custom recovery. Anyway, is there a solution to come back to 5.1 with bootloader locked and unlock it. I really need root for my device. Thanks a lot!

Seems like I'll have to wait for a valid TWRP for MI NOTE PRO

Now I'm stuck with 1st-minute version ROM for MI NOTE PRO. Already re-unlock BL however still stuck at dtb not found and unable to get back to the recovery.

Flashing through Updater also just died at invalid recovery.

Can someone help me?

Hi mate! How did you unlock your device?

Seems like I'll have to wait for a valid TWRP for MI NOTE PRO

Now I'm stuck with 1st-minute version ROM for MI NOTE PRO. Already re-unlock BL however still stuck at dtb not found and unable to get back to the recovery.

Flashing through Updater also just died at invalid recovery.

Hi! How did you unlock your bootloader? Cheers!

I have the same problem with dual app (second one) viber app with showing contacts although all permissions are set to read contacts on both apps.
Mi5 on xiaomu.eu 7.2.9

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Hi! How did you unlock your bootloader? Cheers!
sanzNya said:
Any review for new version of 7.2.9 rom for mi4s? Im gonna flash this rom. Is battery issue fixed? And how about twrp? Is mi4c version safe to flash on my device? as i will lost mine after update the rom. And lost my ''unlocked bootloader'' too. I know i have to unlocking it again using miflash. Then flash new twrp.​
Tribal said:
Is TWRP integrated in the new uploaded
ROM for Mi4S?​
shenguinho said:
Can someone help me?​
NokHook said:
Exactly the same problem with my Mi-4c​
First, you flash the ROM by updater method.
Second, If you have permission from xiaomi to unlock the bootloader, then you have to use miunlock, the link is on the first page.
Third, download this twrp, for mi4c, mi4s, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByP6S_Z3vDjWY1hhdFhfdnhvVVU/view
And you must install it in adb mode
fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3030.img
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3030.img
Enviado desde mi MI 4S mediante Tapatalk.

Hope this help you.
And i think I'am going to wait a little bit more because all that i can read are complaints about the ROM's

Mi4c update to 7.2.9 impossible to unlock the bootloader with mi flash unlock it tells me your device is not supported by mi unlock
Thank you for helping me to unlock

On my Mi4c I went back and forth 7.2.9 and 6.12.22 because of the battery drain. At the moment I am smoothly running 6.12.22 again, but my bootloader is locked. Yesterday I was able to unlock the bootloader once. Now, I am not able anymore to unlock it (using the official xiaomi procedure), I am stuck at 50%. I am logged with my Mi account and everything works fine. Do you have any suggestion? Is this 30 days per device my actual issue? Yesterday, before successfully unlock the bootloader, I was also stuck at 50%. I don't quite understand the unlock software to be honest.
By the way, I was able to flash twrp via adb also with locked bootloader, several times and different twrp versions. Is it normal?

Thank you very much for your help e for the effort you put into.

After installing the rom 7.2.9. If I install the TWRP 2.8.6.0 with adb method in a MI NOTE PRO will work well ??

Hi! I have installed Nougat version for Mi NOte Pro, inlocked my bootloader but I cannot install custom recovery and root device. Can somebody help me please? Thank you!

How do you proceed to unlock the bootloader? With adb?
Do you know a method without computer please? Regards.

Envoyé de mon Mi-4c en utilisant Tapatalk
Hi, you need a computer. It's very easy, I don't think you even need to install any drivers, you just need to go to en.miui/unlock and proceed, you'll have to request permission from xiaomi to unlock your bootloader, I'm sure there are millions of post about it on this forum. Good luck on it!

Enviado desde mi Mi-4c mediante Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.