Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 259 83.0%
  • NO

Votes: 53 17.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might go to stable build once it comes out for mido if it isn't missing any nice features for me. Just because of battery life.

Reactions: dogiex
How can I power off my phone without using the power button? My power button is broken. Only things I could do is download rom, wait till battery is empty, charge while off and than go to twrp. Is there another way?

@Christiaanzwll You didn't say device or android version.

If your rooted you could use app like "Quick Reboot (Recovery)"!

If you have xposed and xMIUI module, you could enable advance power menu + assign actions to other buttons/FP to pull up that menu.

Edit: - Question: If the power button is broken, how do you turn on the device?

Last edited:
How can I power off my phone without using the power button? My power button is broken. Only things I could do is download rom, wait till battery is empty, charge while off and than go to twrp. Is there another way?
Install quickreboot from Playstore,device must have root.

@Christiaanzwll You didn't say device or android version.

If you have xposed and xMIUI module, you could enable advance power menu + assign actions to other buttons/FP to pull up that menu.

Edit: - Question: If the power button is broken, how do you turn on the device?

Vol up + plug phone into laptop or pc :)

I have a redmi 3 with android 5.1 (i thought)

Now next problem. To enter twrp I did the following. Turned phone off with the app u mentioned. Hold vol up + down and plugged into laptop. Next.... nothing. Dead phone.
When I plug into laptop it takes for about 30 seconds to hear the connecting sound, but nothing happens.....

edit; removed battery and now it works again :). I'm not sure if I try an update. I cannot get into twrp. I'll try the app.

Last edited:
@Christiaanzwll

You could try getting it into fastboot mode by holding volume down, when attaching the device to computer.
Then issue "fastboot reboot" to start the device.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Christiaanzwll
I just ordered the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Version from gearbest and I was wondering which ROM should I use on it.

I'm undecided between (board name) the 'mido' and the 'nikel'.

Even tough the phone is called Redmi Note 4, I've read everywhere that the phone is exactly equal to the Redmi Note 4X, even in the physical design, except it has the band 20.

@baguette The only difference between them is the band 20, your device should be "mido" and that is the rom to use. Just make sure when you get it that it is the Snapdragon version you got from gearbest. Chance's are that it may come with a vendor rom.

@John O Connell Can you tell me what is the best way to flash the xiaomi.eu ROM on my smartphone when it arrives? I've already found a couple of guides but they all seem different from one another.

Btw, in the link that you sent it said tha vendor ROMs cannot have the bootloader unlocked. So how do I install the custom ROM if I can't unlock the bootloader?

The roms for Redmi 4X (Not Note 4X, Redmi 4X) are not working.
TWRP just crashed and goes into black screen after 3 seconds trying to flash the rom - then the phone looks dead, but it boots to fastboot after pressing the buttons. Please check
Thanks

The roms for Redmi 4X (Not Note 4X, Redmi 4X) are not working.
TWRP just crashed and goes into black screen after 3 seconds trying to flash the rom - then the phone looks dead, but it boots to fastboot after pressing the buttons. Please check
Thanks
either your download is corrupted/incomplete or you're downloading the wrong one

also you might want to wait a bit since the new weekly will be uploaded somewhere around today

I just ordered the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Version from gearbest and I was wondering which ROM should I use on it.

I'm undecided between (board name) the 'mido' and the 'nikel'.

Even tough the phone is called Redmi Note 4, I've read everywhere that the phone is exactly equal to the Redmi Note 4X, even in the physical design, except it has the band 20.
Snapdragon is mido, MTK is nikel.

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Reactions: Eoghlear
Hmm. When is Android Nougat expected to be released by Xiaomi for this device as a stable build? Any idea or rumor?
When it is ready. Weekly is already on nougat so soon I hope. :)

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Status
Not open for further replies.