MIUI 9 7.9.7/8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly GPS is very bad on mi5.
It sees only 2 sattelites, and sometimes throws your position to 0,0.
For some reason is was much better before.

Yes, I try use clean China Dev Miui ( 7.9.7) without any my change, and error exsist. This same as on Xiaomi.eu.

As I wrote earlier, this same issue was on last MIUI 8 - 7.6.8, I reported it on miuipolska and wait for update to MIUI 9 but this look like bug in ROM.

I try use another sd card, new one but nothing change, I think maybe this issue is because I got paired amazfit but when I upair it bug still is.

It's work only on Global Stable MIUI 8 - 8.2.4
so make a bugreport on en.miui.com

Reactions: jc rey and Adeolu
I have Redmi 3 and been waiting for the update. I installed it yesterday and there are several problems:
  1. The launcher space is narrower - the icons are smaller and there is a big gap from the edges.
  2. Toggles - I have them set separated from the notifications. In the past you could set the grid to 4*3 which was great and not too small, now there's only the default of 5*3 which is too small and crowded.
  3. Buttons - short press on menu item used to do exactly what it meant - to bring the menu. Now it brings the recent menu and it's totally counter intuitive. Why do I need to long press in order to bring the menu?
In addition, no notifications for missed calls. Number in icon...

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: yaara
No complaints with GPS on Redmi Note 3 Pro:
Screenshot_2017-09-11-13-28-05-873_com.androits.gps.test.free.png

Buttons - short press on menu item used to do exactly what it meant - to bring the menu. Now it brings the recent menu and it's totally counter intuitive. Why do I need to long press in order to bring the menu?
That's just a setting.

No complaints with GPS on Redmi Note 3 Pro:
Screenshot_2017-09-11-13-28-05-873_com.androits.gps.test.free.png
confirmed also not working 4 Pro
try to clear data .apk Network location and set the search to only gps I have after these manipulations earned...

Last edited:
One question.

At times, after flashing eu rom. My cellular sign shows "LTE" and at times, after flashing eu rom, it shows "4G"!

Why is that so? What determines the sign of "LTE" and "4G" when we TWRP eu rom?

I would like to see the "4G" sign instead of "LTE"!

I'm very confused about that.!o_O

Mi5s with xiaomi.eu Rom 8.5.4.0... Can I just flash this weekly release or do I need to back up and wipe data? Thx

One question.

At times, after flashing eu rom. My cellular sign shows "LTE" and at times, after flashing eu rom, it shows "4G"!

Why is that so? What determines the sign of "LTE" and "4G" when we TWRP eu rom?

I would like to see the "4G" sign instead of "LTE"!

I'm very confused about that.!o_O
Which phone model?

On Mi5 I only have LTE or LTE+, depending on if the signal is good enough (and the operator/SIM supports the feature) for LTE Advanced (256QAM modulation on DL).

4G is a generic marketing term, whereas LTE or LTE+ are defined technology implementations, and are the correct identifiers.

Which phone model?

On Mi5 I only have LTE or LTE+, depending on if the signal is good enough (and the operator/SIM supports the feature) for LTE Advanced (256QAM modulation on DL).

4G is a generic marketing term, whereas LTE or LTE+ are defined technology implementations, and are the correct identifiers.

I see!

I'm using Mi Max Prime with Singapore telco!

Hello , widgets working (or at least those I have tried) working for me . Didn't know swipe left is a problem , will check next time I receive a notification
When I press multitasking and in the menu I click on widgets I get error and launchers restarts.

Here's what happens.
a1c9b5bf54f7a620d81336ffda4d94e6.jpg

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

MI 5s+ 7.9.7. The function of turning on the flashlight disappeared when the "home" button on the lock screen was pressed for a long time. Very long time of opening the widget "clock with the weather." Constantly changing the location in navigation when the mode is "on networks and GPS", when the mode "only on GPS" is in effect, it keeps the position clearly, but sometimes it "hangs".

Last edited:
When I press multitasking and in the menu I click on widgets I get error and launchers restarts.

Here's what happens.
a1c9b5bf54f7a620d81336ffda4d94e6.jpg

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
Try in English language.
If it works, report to your translation repo

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk

random crashes with new Mail app from Kingsoft (WPS Mail)

80% of mails opens without a problem, the other 20% ends up with a crash. It are allways the same mails that causes a crash. Even a small plain mail

Reactions: linuxghost
Status
Not open for further replies.