8.1.25 V2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have problems with WhatsApp and telegram notifications! it does not vibrate and does not sound! I also did a full wipe and I reinstalled everything! both with official WhatsApp and with gbwhatsapp ..I do not know what to do! it is impossible to use a ROM like this ...

Arnova8G2 v1.6
Thanks a lot!
Installed and working great.
No problem on MIUI camera or *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* with or without HDR, camera2 api enabled with your patch on RN4 mido with first rom version from yesterday

It's interesting that they don't have a standard framework for one system like one framework for the whole miui 9 dev rom branch so when they change or fix something on the framework level, all devices using the same framework will get it, wonder what is the point of having a framework that's diferent for each device.

But obviously that's not the case, the disappering notification bug was fixed on 8.1.18 dev rom Mi Max 2, other devices on 8.1.25.

So far I only encountered these 3 side effects on my Mi Max 2 with Global Notif, and lucky me I don't use these features..so for me is so far so good..
By the way, did you deodex the APKs and JARs that you're trying to use from Global Oreo ROM?

Do your see your phone on your computer after Enabling or Disabling MTP?!Do you hear a sound when connecting?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MIX 2 met Tapatalk

Yes, I see. But I managed to install it by copying the file on SD card and installing from it.
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: kriszut
I have problems with WhatsApp and telegram notifications! it does not vibrate and does not sound! I also did a full wipe and I reinstalled everything! both with official WhatsApp and with gbwhatsapp ..I do not know what to do! it is impossible to use a ROM like this ...
choose an other notification sound in whatsapp (the standard sound does not work, choose "fresh.ogg"
from further down, to get the standard notificationsound back)

Okay, but let me put this in other words.

I have a OnePlus 5T and my RN3SE side by side. 5T does have 4G+ because our carrier use it, and with 100Mbps speed, my SE has 4G with 30 Mbps. So, the carrier is using 4G+. I can see the both carriers on Signal Guru but phone only locks to one.
Do you have NSG screenshots for the 5T ?

If your carrier has 20MHz channel bandwidth, then you can reach 100Mbit/Sec without using 4G+. The maximum with 4G+ for a 20MHz channel is 150Mbit/Sec (75 Mbit/Sec for 10MHz, 112Mbit/Sec for 15Mhz).

Often some measurement tools (Net Monster, etc) show the network capability, taken from the L3 messages relating to the cell CAPABILITY, not the actual connection, which changes very quickly based on UE Measurement Reports and channel conditions.

Are the RN3SE and 5T operating on the same band, seen from NSG? If they are using different bands, one may only have 10MHz channel bandwidth, the other on 20MHz.

It is near impossible to make judgements on the cell-state based on throughput, as the available throughput is controlled by the downlink scheduler, in the eNodeB, which is the network interface.
You would need to capture the NSG logfile and analyse the L3 messages to determine the current channel state and capabilities, for any given time.

The RN3SE has a Snapdragon 650 CPU which only has X8 modem hardware, the 5T has the Snapdragon 835, with the X16 modem hardware, so you cannot compare them.

Also the full modem capability may not be implemented due to power consumption, heating, etc - that is the device designer's decision, so the limitations are often not related to modem firmware, but hardware.

Last edited:
4G+ is only enabled when the following conditions are met:
1. Download traffic demand from the UE exceeds the set trigger conditions for using 256QAM modulation,
2. SINR (channel quality) is suitable to support 256QAM modulation scheme

A lot of Operators will have a network load condition trigger as well, sine may are negative consequences for the user scheduling on the network side.

I've been seeing LTE+ recently here in Latvia on my Mi Max Prime with operator LMT (prepaid card!), never saw it previously, and never in Sweden.

1. LTE+ can appear with any one of the bands in use (1,3,7,38), and no interband CA.

2. LTE+ only appears during the night or early morning when there is little traffic.

3. LTE+ does not give me a higher download rate, no difference generally.

So what is the use of it?

Reactions: GreasyMonkey1960
@ingbrzy
could you translate the lockscreen shortcuts panel and add Italian language please? Contacts: Contatti
Calendar: calendario
Calculator: calcolatrice
Notes: note
Sfondi carousel: carosello sfondi
Thank you

I've been seeing LTE+ recently here in Latvia on my Mi Max Prime with operator LMT (prepaid card!), never saw it previously, and never in Sweden.

1. LTE+ can appear with any one of the bands in use (1,3,7,38), and no interband CA.

2. LTE+ only appears during the night or early morning when there is little traffic.

3. LTE+ does not give me a higher download rate, no difference generally.

So what is the use of it?
LTE+ gives the ability to get 50% greater throughput for a given channel bandwidth (more bits/Hz).

You often will not see a significant increase in throughput, because of capacity scheduling algorithms between users, number of PRB's allocated to your connection (dynamic, change at 1millisec rate) but download throughput delays and "stalls" are often due to the Core network (DNS, TCP window-sizing and routing errors, such as being directed to overseas servers, not local servers) and also the servers, which have "chokes" applied to limit the download capacity per user (for equitable resource sharing - not related to the radio network, but server-hosting company policies).

The radio (access) networks are nowdays often not the "bottleneck" which is limiting throughput rates, although it does happen in poorly optimised or heavily loaded networks.

The use of LTE+ is a big benefit for the Operators as it gives improved efficiency on the radio interface - RF spectrum costs huge money, so they want to wring every possible cent out of the investment.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobben
Hi there. I used the phone in the Hungarian language, I noticed that in the silent mode switch-on menu you can not select the days of the week. and in English it works perfectly.

heneseey model,latest weekly update downloaded,instaling with twrp 3.0,stuck update failed,then trie to back recovery to sistem.
then dosent want to back in sistem,phone was back in twrp first site with options:install,wipe,backup,restore,mount,setings,advanced,reboot

Reactions: TEO1951
You should describe the problem in details, what have you done before the problem, what device, what rom, you won't get a good answer if you only write a few words.
heneseey model,latest weekly update downloaded,instaling with twrp 3.0,stuck update failed,then trie to back recovery to sistem.
then dosent want to back in sistem,phone was back in twrp first site with options:install,wipe,backup,restore,mount,setings,advanced,reboot

Reactions: TEO1951
LTE+ gives the ability to get 50% greater throughput for a given channel bandwidth (more bits/Hz).

You often will not see a significant increase in throughput, because of capacity scheduling algorithms between users, number of PRB's allocated to your connection (dynamic, change at 1millisec rate) but download throughput delays and "stalls" are often due to the Core network (DNS, TCP window-sizing and routing errors, such as being directed to overseas servers, not local servers) and also the servers, which have "chokes" applied to limit the download capacity per user (for equitable resource sharing - not related to the radio network, but server-hosting company policies).

The radio (access) networks are nowdays often not the "bottleneck" which is limiting throughput rates, although it does happen in poorly optimised or heavily loaded networks.

The use of LTE+ is a big benefit for the Operators as it gives improved efficiency on the radio interface - RF spectrum costs huge money, so they want to wring every possible cent out of the investment.

Interesting.

What I have noted here (Latvia only, Sweden is different) is that recently, with more bands in use than previously, the usefully capacity from my point of view has decreased remarkably, especially in "prime time" - evenings, especially sunday evenings.

Worst of all is that the the upload rate is often near 0, making it impossible to send emails or post on forums. Closing and reopening the connection will fix that for awhile, but the problem returns.

My phones tend to jump around between the bands available, for no particular reason. That can hardly be efficient.

Note LMT is the largest operator here, owned by Swedish Telia.

Status
Not open for further replies.