Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi5s terrible battery drain...
Done wipes dalvikcache/cache but nothing changed....
Can I dirt reflash an older version like miui 9.3 via twrp?

I confirm. The rom (oreo Android 8.0)) work only if you install Twrp scorpio version 3.2.1.0
after update twrp you need to format data - data partiotion and internal storage are not the same! they need to be backup both.
So make backup in twrp, restart to miui, copy backup to PC, then format in twrp (works like wipe all so you need to do first setup), backup bring back to the storage in phone, and restore in twrp (data partition) - after that it is possibile to update to Oreo. I also suggest turn off any security codes, fingerprints etc. Remember you will need to login to xiaomi account again if needed so be carefull :)
In my case i haven't needed full wipe after update. Few minutes miui was laggy but after all it works like charm. Until now no problem such in Oreo for MI5.
New 3.2.1.0 twrp solves problem with "scorpio" and ''" - so it is still possibile to install MIUI Center mode etc.

People, do you think is better come back to 8.3.8 or wait for the some solution to have *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* working?

Enviado de meu MI 6 usando Tapatalk

i guess...

can you tell if camera it's working without any camera plugins?

People, do you think is better come back to 8.3.8 or wait for the some solution to have *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* working?

go back to 8.3.8. thats what i did. Dont think there is going to be any fix soon for 8.3.15

i guess...

can you tell if camera it's working without any camera plugins?
With 8.3.8 version, yes. I just had using *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*, no stock cam, but it is necessary install the mods. Now this problem is, with 8.3.15 not have working. *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* don't work and any mods are compatible!

as no one has answered yet, allow me to as again: Can someone please check with this new update whether "charging sound off" works on Mi Note 3? This is the ONE reason I use .eu ROMs instead of the original xiaomi ROMs.

Hi, for me the face unlock doesn't work on Mi5s with this rom (previously worked with 8.3.1). Tryed to delete and recapture the face picture but without success.
Settings saying that face unlock is on, lockscreen password is on, but lockscreen even don't trying to capture the face (waiting for swipe and that's it).
Screenshot_2018-03-18-12-38-53-149_com.android.settings.png

good morning people
I updated the twrp to 3.2.1 because I read that it is necessary to update to oreo in MI NOTE 2. But it gives me problems.
To begin, he asks for a password.
If I give cancel it does not detect any internal storage.
It also does not let me make wipes I miss several errors.
What I can do???

this happens because your phone is with the encrypted data, every time you restart or go to recovery or fastboot it will ask for a password, until you format the storage of it this will continue, probably you left a MIUI rom and went to a rom oreo, this happened to me when I tested an oreo rom, then I formatted all the partitions never had that problem again. (if you use the encryption of files on Xiamo.eu that may be the problem).

I updated this rom with dirty flash, it was in the version 8.3.1 and I went straight to the 8.3.15, without problems, rolled everything smooth without any FC, only the battery that is not so good when the 8.3.1 (for me the best one so far). everything works just fine. magisk, camera2api V1, xposed, dolby atmos lenovo a700 6.5, greenify, youtube vanced, everything installed with magisk. Thank you to the devs for this incredible rom, every day better.

Bitte vernüftige Entsperranimation! Auch bei Entsperrung über fingerabdruck!!!
Please reasonable unlock-animation! Even with unlocking via fingerprint !!!

Hi, just report for Redmi 3 HMPro, all work fine and it seams the auto focus is much better now.
I do not use the camera often so that´s possibly subjective.
For the last 3-4 updates the Miui updater was used without problems
Can I ever hope to get an update to Android 7 or 8?
It is still 6.0 :/
All in all it work stable and the next XIAOMI is around the corner anyway. :)

Thanks to the developer, mib

who can make a good manual for the mi note 2 update to oreo 8.0 so that everyone has something to do.whatever twrp use and where to download etc.
a step-by-step guide.

I tried do it, but the stock cam stopped working. It is necessary wipe system and data to do this downgrade?

Undo all modifications you did to geht *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* working, wipe Cache and davlik, reflash ROM again, Stock camera works without Problems.

Reactions: Roberto Filho
who tried a new stable (9.5.3) for mi6, your impressions? how does notification work from whatsapp, telegram, viber? Does the indicator light? Could the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* be launched ???

who can make a good manual for the mi note 2 update to oreo 8.0 so that everyone has something to do.whatever twrp use and where to download etc.
a step-by-step guide.

Watch out for a guide on our subforum. I'll post it in a bit. Also , all the guys that are posting their problems here , go and post the to our subforum , that's why we have that ! ffs

Last edited:
After this update, the weather app doesn't seem to work properly as it doesn't find the exact location for my country. Tried rebooting, clearing all data etc

Dear all,

May i know what are the differences between *stable rom" and *weekly rom*? I like the step counter for weekly rom, does this feature being included in the stable rom? Thank you.

DOWNLOAD WEEKLY

DOWNLOAD STABLES

Dear all,

May i know what are the differences between *stable rom" and *weekly rom*? I like the step counter for weekly rom, does this feature being included in the stable rom? Thank you.

DOWNLOAD WEEKLY

DOWNLOAD STABLES
Weekly ROM is a "Beta" release, having the newest features, but also potentially more bugs and issues.
The Stable ROM is typically having a feature set 8-10 weeks behind that of the Weekly, but it should have the "reproducible" bugs corrected.

It does not work to turn off the sound when charging and discharging the battery. It always sounds. There is danger of divorce. Mi Max 2

Reactions: barbuti17
Status
Not open for further replies.