Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for Redmi Note 5 Pro "whyred" tester.. Send me PM.. thanks..!

MI5X notification bar after a while it fades

Attachments

• hata.png
    hata.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 413
Hello, can someone please help me. I would like to install Android 8 on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. 3GB Global Version.
Im new to Android and could need some assistance.
Tahnks in advance.

yes it works but I have the Eu last week
Still your phone it works and it will still work even in a month. So except if you pay them you can't have such kind of demands especially for something that is a dev rom (which means bugs, instability etc)

Sent from my Jason using Tapatalk and mask

Hi,
I recently bought the Redmi Note 5 China and I have already unlocked the bootloader.
I installed the TWRP file provided (3.2.1.0) but I cannot install Miui Eu rom because TWRP is not reading internal storage.
TWRP is unable to mount partitions as well as decryt.
Since the Miui Eu rom is available for my device could someone tell me how to make it work?
Thanks

Hi,
I recently bought the Redmi Note 5 China and I have already unlocked the bootloader.
I installed the TWRP file provided (3.2.1.0) but I cannot install Miui Eu rom because TWRP is not reading internal storage.
TWRP is unable to mount partitions as well as decryt.
Since the Miui Eu rom is available for my device could someone tell me how to make it work?
Thanks
you have to format Data partition with TWRP to remove encryption.

Reactions: CyNote
you have to format Data partition with TWRP to remove encryption.
Thanks for your support.
Just did it and reboot the system to paste the miui eu rom.
Unfortunately, I have not being able to access TWRP through Vol Up+Power as it takes me to Miui Stock Recovery.
Also when accessing TWRP through pc power shell the device becomes encrypted again.
Could you please tell how to proceed from TWRP installed so I can see where I am making a mistake?
Been using Xiaomi Mi4C for quite some time and zero trouble but now I cannot figure this out so thank you for your patience.

Thanks for your support.
Just did it and reboot the system to paste the miui eu rom.
Unfortunately, I have not being able to access TWRP through Vol Up+Power as it takes me to Miui Stock Recovery.
Also when accessing TWRP through pc power shell the device becomes encrypted again.
Could you please tell how to proceed from TWRP installed so I can see where I am making a mistake?
Been using Xiaomi Mi4C for quite some time and zero trouble but now I cannot figure this out so thank you for your patience.
Hmm, seems a bit weird that your TWRP Recovery gets overwritten by the default MIUI Recovery. Try flashing TWRP through fastboot again, and once you finish flashing TWRP, go intor TWRP Recovery and then format data (*format not wipe, it's the one where you will have to type "yes" in order to proceed with formatting your data partition) and then from there wipe your dalvik, cache, system, and data partitions and then flash the EU ROM for a clean install.

Hmm, seems a bit weird that your TWRP Recovery gets overwritten by the default MIUI Recovery. Try flashing TWRP through fastboot again, and once you finish flashing TWRP, go intor TWRP Recovery and then format data (*format not wipe, it's the one where you will have to type "yes" in order to proceed with formatting your data partition) and then from there wipe your dalvik, cache, system, and data partitions and then flash the EU ROM for a clean install.

I have tried to reinstall TWRP and the result is the same.

I am prompting
  1. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  2. fastboot boot recovery.img
I chose format data and inserted "yes" to proceed. From there I had to reboot system in order to paste rom zip because it was erased during format (as expected).

When I get back to TWRP internal storage is again encrypted.

Most likely I am missing a basic step but I cannot find my error... Is there another source for TWRP so I can try? (assuming the installation procedure is correct)

I have tried to reinstall TWRP and the result is the same.

I am prompting
  1. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  2. fastboot boot recovery.img
I chose format data and inserted "yes" to proceed. From there I had to reboot system in order to paste rom zip because it was erased during format (as expected).

When I get back to TWRP internal storage is again encrypted.

Most likely I am missing a basic step but I cannot find my error... Is there another source for TWRP so I can try? (assuming the installation procedure is correct)
Maybe, Try do not restart. Place xiaomi.eu ROM on Sdcard.

Hi.
And for OTA, what could we do ? Waiting ?

It's not too annoying, just need to know if OTA will be ok soon.
Thanks.

Thanks, I will give it a try.
Hi again,
Since you were kind to help me I just want to tell you that I managed to solve the situation.
I reinstalled TWRP but this time I downloaded it from another source within Xiaomi Eu.
I am now running miui eu on my spectacular Redmi Note 5.
Cheers

Did anyone managed to install *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* on this build?

I installed but It just FC when opened.

Did a clean install and already enabled camera2api.

I can't install this ROM on my Mido, I get stuck on "Installing MIUI Update" & "package_extract_file took 00s" no matter how many times I try to reflash. I redownloaded the ROM file a couple of times too and verified MD5. I can flash 8.4.4 just fine. I tried everything, wiping all partitions etc. nothing works. Please can anyone give some suggestions? :(

edit: I am forced to restart everytime it gets stucked, and upon checking internal storage through TWRP file manager, nothing was written, meaning the ROM flashing did not even write files to the device, it just showed a progress bar but in reality it did nothing, that maybe the reason why it just stuck on "packlage_extract_file". I really can't find whats causing this issue, 8.4.4 flashes just fine for me, but this one is giving me a hard time.

Usually this means the ROM zip file is corrupted, it happened to me, it took me 2 weeks to found that out.

Try copy the zip file from internal / sd card to pc and try extract the zip file on your pc to verify it.

In my case, somehow copying ROM file from pc to phone keep ended before it's 100%, so th ROM zip file is corrupted, now I transfer file from pc to phone via Mi Drop.

Again, any other places to download because I can't get it from sourceforge..

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks again for the rom but I have a problem with my Mi6.
Everytime I startup there is 4G/LTE but after a call it rolls back to 3g/H+ when I press flight mode and exit it rolls back to LTE.
Please help me is this a bug ? Is there a solution?
Mi6 with latest stable version.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 6 met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.