8.5.2.0 Is Very Bugged

sergioncio

Members
Jun 1, 2017
I have already installed the new eu stable 8.5.2.0 for the mi5s and when i boot the phone appears than gallery has stopped and mi acount too, and i can´t ever enter to the apps, please fix it soon

From weekly ROM?
Wipe data is required!

~Tapatalk~

No, flashed on friday. Simply looked at the standby consumption over 1,5 days. Had something around 0,8% per hour in GSAM. With 8.2.4.0 it was more then 1,3% per hour (iirc).

As for me Standby and DoT is more important then high processing Power I switched now to a Redmi Note 4 Global. 3 days standby with 6h DoT and 5h phoning. The MI5s will be sold in the next weeks.

Greets,
Joerg

Reactions: jc rey
No, flashed on friday. Simply looked at the standby consumption over 1,5 days. Had something around 0,8% per hour in GSAM. With 8.2.4.0 it was more then 1,3% per hour (iirc).

As for me Standby and DoT is more important then high processing Power I switched now to a Redmi Note 4 Global. 3 days standby with 6h DoT and 5h phoning. The MI5s will be sold in the next weeks.

Greets,
Joerg
Agree, I am also considering selling mi5 to keep rn4 global, it works much better overall.

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

I've been having a lot of trouble with this ROM. Sometimes it closes all the applications that are open

last good China Dev is 7.5.4... the last one is broken as well, the accessibility services are turned off each reboot....

Why very bugged?
I think that's no more bugged than 8.2.4.0, at least enough to downgrade.
Developer options crashed settings, long hold for home key freezes screen. It turned off fingerprint sensor itself and if app were asking for permissions sometimes I needed to kill app and turn it on again to be able to click Allow.
I tried 2 times (clean install) and those problem accured. For me that's enough not to use it.

Developer options crashed settings, long hold for home key freezes screen. It turned off fingerprint sensor itself and if app were asking for permissions sometimes I needed to kill app and turn it on again to be able to click Allow.
What action you have configured for long press Home key?
I'm not facing the problem you are describing on 8.5.2.0.

Me neither. Did you manage to see any crash logs? Print screen?

Last edited:
No crash. Just freezing but pressing back allow me to use screen again. No action set for long press home.
If app ask for some permission almost always I needed to kill it, turn on again and then I was able to accept. Deny wasn't an issue.

That freezing was bottom allocation not being properly setup. I myself faced it several months ago.

The app thing I did not experienced it. Some apps are usable without permissions but others refuse to work without them. Don't know what was for you but without any logs showing your issues ain't easy to the devs check it.

tell me how to get that logs and I'll make backup and then upgrade to 8.5.2 to show problem. Remember that developer options don`t work at all!

But I think there will be nothing special in logs. The long press issue is not so anoying but that permission issue- makes that rome unusable! I noticed that on 8.2.4 it also happens sometimes (it happened for me once on 8.5.2 it`s almost always). I just can press ALLOW and pressing DENY isn`t a problem at all.

8.5.2.0 running perfectly here after clean install. So those having troubles maybe make a backup and then do a clean install.

Reactions: PTalx
I know what caused that problem. I allowed messenger to overlay on screen and sometimes it was blocking permissions (safety reasons). Now it's ok. Last time also fingerprint just stopped to work, hope this time it won't happen.