Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your great work, guys!

Mi8.

- Face Unlock works like sh#t. Was MUCH better on Mi6 before even without IR camera.
- Cannot install/update MiDrop
- Calendar often crashes after creating event inviting external participant

I wonder if there is any chance to:
  1. improve/customize the Always On screen - it has the great potential to be much better (look at Samsungs)
  2. improve the notifications somehow - I always have to drop down the notification curtain to check the incomings.. that sucks a lot.
I understand the last depend heavily on Xiaomi Global, but..

Anyone use strava app or any other sports app like wahoo in their phones?

I am wondering if anyone use it with miui. I always have problem when using strava or wahoo with miui when those should be recording activity but it is not or stopped a few minutes after screen goes off.

It seems miui restrict those apps' background activity even if restrictions have been turned off. Also bluetooth connection rarely work with last 2 version of miui 10.

I used pixel experience rom before the last two miui 10 eu, and those apps work flawlessly.

So you did format (where you have to type yes to confirm) and wipe, reboot into TWRP, transferred rom-zip and flashed it?
i am not new to the whole flashing thing, after some research i got the china dev rom from miui and idk how but from out nowhere it boots... im going to wait for the global version

Anyone use strava app or any other sports app like wahoo in their phones?

I am wondering if anyone use it with miui. I always have problem when using strava or wahoo with miui when those should be recording activity but it is not or stopped a few minutes after screen goes off.

It seems miui restrict those apps' background activity even if restrictions have been turned off. Also bluetooth connection rarely work with last 2 version of miui 10.

I used pixel experience rom before the last two miui 10 eu, and those apps work flawlessly.
Go to battery settings > apps and set Strava to no restrictions.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

That bug occurs on my Mi6 (Sagit) as well. Since maaany builds.
I am using it on my Mi6 and I do not have this problem in the zoom, what happens that it changes to another lens if the lighting is good, in low light conditions it does not change to another lens, this happens from MIUI 9, I hope I have helped.

Reactions: frason
I am using it on my Mi6 and I do not have this problem in the zoom, what happens that it changes to another lens if the lighting is good, in low light conditions it does not change to another lens, this happens from MIUI 9, I hope I have helped.
Exactly, there is nothing wrong with this. Second lens is only used when there is good lighting.

Reactions: antonyluis86
the notification text overlapped the icon...

is this bug from miui? and when i collapse the notification for detail, the icon overlapped the text now...

1-01.jpegScreenshot_2018-07-06-09-32-50-960_com.miui.home-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there anyway to have the keyboard above the fullscreen gestures? It's a pain to try and swype type when a word starts with q/a/z/p/l/m... I always end up closing the keyboard by mistake. And when you are typing if you press on one of the letters on the edges, there's a bit of delay to the keypress, it messes with my timing so bad.

Reactions: cobben
For mi drop, I use root explorer and delete it's folder in system>priv-app. Revit and then can install from play store

Status
Not open for further replies.