Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But with TWRP we can format data and install a downgrade right?

If you read the discussions about this in various places, it seems that Google allows to disable it if you have an unlocked bootloader.

Xiaomi does not, and has probably done a foot-in-mouth thing with all thumbs. What in colloquial Russian is called "рукожопились". ( Thanks to Alex-G. of 4pda.ru for an addition to my vocabulary. My wife had a hysterical laughing fit over it.)

Hopefully this was a one-off stupidity and with only one device afflicted, not all.

As I posted previously, if you dig into how Google has intended to implement this, using tamper-aware storage, I would assume that TWRP will not be able to work around that without serious rework, with unpredictable results. Rather like the fight between Magisk and Google. I for one do not want to be caught in the middle if things really go that far.

Hopefully Xiaomi will undo, or at least redo this in a reasonable manner.

A less pleasant thought does occur to me, that Xiaomi possibly has been afflicted by corporate hubris after the IPO, really thinks it is destined to become the next Apple, and will start locking in it's users Apple-fashion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coldmind and Kyury
This bug is there for some while, when you come back from other, non miui rom, there is an device activation using your miui account, but first u must connect to internet, and there is a problem with non showing keyboard, so you can't type password, is it common thing or it's just happening for me?!
Common, change your WiFi to open, connect, activate. Put WiFi security back.

In 8.7.12 fix bugs: messenger floating notification, whatsapp etc too.
Fix with sms notification too.
Missed calls work too.

CHANGELOG 8.7.5

System
New - LDAC functionality for Bluetooth on Android 8.x. Get better sound quality on supported devices or turn this feature off to extend battery life. (07-04)
Optimize - Face unlock speed (07-05)
Fix - IR Camera Face unlock for MI8
New - Fullscreen gestures for all devices
New - Option for enable Extended reboot menu (in dev options)
Fix - Notification overlapping issue in notification shade
Optimize - MiDrop removed from system apps, install it from Google Play

Camera [MIX2S]
Optimize - Focus stabilization (07-03)
Optimize - Brightness for low-light photos and outdoor dynamic range (07-03)
Optimize - Color schemes for different outdoor scenes (07-03)
Optimize - Color schemes for Portrait mode indoors and outdoors (07-03)
Optimize - Video details and noise (07-03)
New - Studio lighting option for Portrait photos in Gallery

I would like you (if possible) to add me these features, optimizations, speed ...:
optimization / improvement of night photos (Xiaomi Mi8) comparable to Huawei p 20 Pro. optimization / improvement / speed in openings / closings / passage of files (app, games, files ...)
optimization / improvement of the batteries
video recording in 4k at 60 FPS with optical and / or electronic stabilization
improve the audio sector (make it sound higher volume) the latter must be clear, bright, loud, not noisy (both handsfree, call, multimedia files [video, music ...])
add (if possible) double speaker (the one of the defualt is mono)
increase the brightness higher than defualt (eg defualt itself is 423 ppi, go over 500 ppi ...), moreover the brightness must exceed the limit (as happened in the samsung smartphone)
shrinking and / or enlargement of the notifications (this is because, with the large notch wide there are only 3/4 notifications, while with the addition of the new feature, it reduced the notch and enters more notifications [like Oneplus 6])
put notifications instead of time, show the percentages of the batteries ...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR LAST WORK
P: S. not immediately, but with plan and plan do, maybe completed with the next updates. so, for me you have already surpassed the various producers

Sorry but app mail included in the rom don't work for me. I try millions of times and revised all the data of different mail accounts that I have in my own domains and always appear the error POP3 STAT. I don't know what it means exactly. Don't appear option to choose pop3 or imap

I guys. Does anyone knows a way to set system as my native language portuguese (Portugal) and get Google assistant in other language?

I know that assistant uses system language.. But if there is a workaround I can't find ti.

Thanks.

Enviado do meu MI 5 através do Tapatalk
I would like this too for Dutch and English, so I looked into it. As far as I could find out, this is unfortunately not possible. Google standard uses the system language for the assistant.

If you read the discussions about this in various places, it seems that Google allows to disable it if you have an unlocked bootloader.

Xiaomi does not, and has probably done a foot-in-mouth thing with all thumbs. What in colloquial Russian is called "рукожопились". ( Thanks to Alex-G. of 4pda.ru for an addition to my vocabulary. My wife had a hysterical laughing fit over it.)

Hopefully this was a one-off stupidity and with only one device afflicted, not all.

As I posted previously, if you dig into how Google has intended to implement this, using tamper-aware storage, I would assume that TWRP will not be able to work around that without serious rework, with unpredictable results. Rather like the fight between Magisk and Google. I for one do not want to be caught in the middle if things really go that far.

Hopefully Xiaomi will undo, or at least redo this in a reasonable manner.

A less pleasant thought does occur to me, that Xiaomi possibly has been afflicted by corporate hubris after the IPO, really thinks it is destined to become the next Apple, and will start locking in it's users Apple-fashion.

These are the kinds of things - qfuses - that have been implemented by the soc developers (here Qualcomm, but e.g. Intel has them too, which Intel has problems with currently with their ME) to give the oems full control over how their final products are used.

I had not heard of qfuses before, have never worked with these current socs, but they do not surprise me.

There is no way around them, for TWRP or otherwise, being hardcoded one-time blowable fuses built into the soc.

ARB - how not to brick your phone for funsies

When a Qualcomm chip ships from the factory, none of the Qfuses are blown -- the chip is fully unlocked. It is then up to the OEM to decide what features it wants to have enabled, as well as should trusted boot be enabled. As far as I know, EVERY OEM blows the TRUSTED_BOOT qfuse on production phones, which means that the PBL will verify the SBL (XBL). This means that the SBL (XBL) must be signed. This signature is also in the CPU via blown qfuses. I don't believe that there is any room to modify the SHA1 signature once it has been blown into the CPU -- but I have nothing to back this up. That means that as long as you ONLY use an XBL that has the same signature as what is blown into your CPU -- AND -- you don't try to run an XBL with a LOWER ARB version, that your phone will boot. Doesn't mean it is going to work, but it will at least boot to download mode if you haven't messed up aboot or laf (we will get to that).

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyury
These are the kinds of things - qfuses - that have been implemented by the soc developers (here Qualcomm, but e.g. Intel has them too, which Intel has problems with currently with their ME) to give the oems full control over how their final products are used.

I had not heard of qfuses before, have never worked with these current socs, but they do not surprise me.

There is no way around them, for TWRP or otherwise, being hardcoded one-time blowable fuses built into the soc.

ARB - how not to brick your phone for funsies

When a Qualcomm chip ships from the factory, none of the Qfuses are blown -- the chip is fully unlocked. It is then up to the OEM to decide what features it wants to have enabled, as well as should trusted boot be enabled. As far as I know, EVERY OEM blows the TRUSTED_BOOT qfuse on production phones, which means that the PBL will verify the SBL (XBL). This means that the SBL (XBL) must be signed. This signature is also in the CPU via blown qfuses. I don't believe that there is any room to modify the SHA1 signature once it has been blown into the CPU -- but I have nothing to back this up. That means that as long as you ONLY use an XBL that has the same signature as what is blown into your CPU -- AND -- you don't try to run an XBL with a LOWER ARB version, that your phone will boot. Doesn't mean it is going to work, but it will at least boot to download mode if you haven't messed up aboot or laf (we will get to that).

This all can get very complicated in many levels.

How Xiaomi has actually implemented their version does not seem to be known at all, and they probably won't be telling.

What to do ? I know!

You try flashing your phone first :) then tell me what happens, and we'll see if the sharks eat you.:eek:
I can wait.

Tomorrow by this time it should be already released so you can go to sleep...

Enviado do meu Redmi 5 Plus através do Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.