Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

And what are the chances/risks of Xiaomi expanding this ARB (Anti Roll Back) "feature" to some/all other devices without advising/warning ahead of time, just like they did with/to the Redmi Note 5?

Spoiler: rhetorical question.

And what are the chances/risks of Xiaomi expanding this ARB (Anti Roll Back) "feature" to some/all other devices without advising/warning ahead of time, just like they did with/to the Redmi Note 5?

Spoiler: rhetorical question.
Lei Jun is actually a solid fan of Apple.

Lei Jun is actually a solid fan of Apple.

That is part of what has me a little worried about the post-IPO future of Xiaomi.

So was I in the times of Steve Jobs, a fan of Apple I mean.

Did you know Steve Jobs was the largest private shareholder of Disney after he sold Pixar to them?
He held Pixar privately for about 20 years.

That is part of what has me a little worried about the post-IPO future of Xiaomi.

So was I in the times of Steve Jobs, a fan of Apple I mean.

Did you know Steve Jobs was the largest private shareholder of Disney after he sold Pixar to them?
He held Pixar privately for about 20 years.
Yes I know, owing to Pixar, Jobs kept him not out of the date.

My feeling to current Xiaomi's vision: a cheaper Apple substitute for not so rich guys(like me). And since IPO, Xiaomi have to be more responsible to its shareholder rather than its costumers, like post-Jobs Apple.

Yes I know, owing to Pixar, Jobs kept him not out of the date.

My feeling to current Xiaomi's vision: a cheaper Apple substitute for not so rich guys(like me). And since IPO, Xiaomi have to be more responsible to its shareholder rather than its costumers, like post-Jobs Apple.

Yes, and will start locking in its users to make more money from them.

We shall see, rather soon I feel.

I start to move to Huawei now...
Damm but my smart home is xiaomi

Hasn't Huawei stopped allowing unlocking of bootloaders?

I/we can stay with our current Xiaomi phones, they will be fine for at least another year, and without upgrades if necessary.

Hasn't Huawei stopped allowing unlocking of bootloaders?

I/we can stay with our current Xiaomi phones, they will be fine for at least another year, and without upgrades if necessary.
Huawei doesn't allow. Their CPU tricks are apecial. Nevetheless Xiaomi is really friendly to PPR user but I just want a LCD flagship with good night shoot. No choice but huawei...

Reactions: cobben
After Install to my Redmi S2. My phone cannot boot up ( Boot loop ) anyone can help me :(

Voice input doesn't seem to work on MI 8. There's no voice input in the speech section of the language and input settings.

Google Assistant's voice model settings are also disabled.

86cc687ef4eb4104ea4300f30ef31a10.jpg
b871d1bfc6e25ec2f3567da000bd19cd.jpg

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zapelmax99
After Install to my Redmi S2. My phone cannot boot up ( Boot loop ) anyone can help me :(
In TWRP format userdata... This will delete everything on your phone, but after this it will boot normaly...

Mi Mix 2 with 64 GB RAM and 6 GB ROM

I'm on redmi note 4x Miui10 global beta build and got disappointed that it's different from Chinese build. They said that EU rom beta isa based on Chinese build, is it true? I'll swith to EU rom because of this. Thanks

I'm on redmi note 4x Miui10 global beta build and got disappointed that it's different from Chinese build. They said that EU rom beta isa based on Chinese build, is it true? I'll swith to EU rom because of this. Thanks
Yes it is. And - there are even more features enabled for each device than in the chinese rom ;)

Gesendet von meinem MI 6 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Red777
A comparison: I have 2 new phones this week, a Mi8 with 256 Gb and a Umidigi Z2 . Both have android 8.1 , but the cheap Z2 has sbc codec as bluetooth default and the Mi8 still has aac codec as default and costs more than double the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.