Invalid 9.3+ firmware troubles with Mi Max 3

RSKnight

Members
Apr 13, 2019
first of all - how i install firmware (my bootloader is unlocked from factory).
twrp ver is 3.2.3-0
2 - launch twrp and wipe -> adwanced wipe -> cache, dalvic, data, Internal storage
3 - copy firmware ZIP and install from twrp
4 - reboot to system

IDK what the hell, but all ROMs (testing, stable) for Mi Max 3 from miui10 9.2.28 to 9.4.11 says for google and my debian that it's not mi max (says that mi mix 2s, sorry for russian lang on screenshot).

I have big troubles with bluetooth on that ROMs. Last working firmware is testing miui10 9.2.21 o______O
9.4.11 can't finish installation (cant launch com.android.provision) and also have more troubles (unable to start)
9.3.1-9.3.28 crashes bluetooth headsets (connecting -> play any music -> dont hear anything -> bt headset dont responce to any button)

Last edited:
Its normal detect as mimix2s
From 8.9.x to 9.2.21 detect as mi max 3. I think it's not normal detections in 9.3+ firmwares, maybe smth wrong?
Also i have troubles with copy files on/from device on 9.3+ firmwares.
And i cant make full rollback without wipe from 9.3 to 9.2 because i have troubles with sms database version (109 and 110)
Maybe i doing smth wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. Showing the device as MIX 2S to Google is a workaround so that your device would pass SafetyNet.

Reactions: RSKnight
Okay, but what about bluetooth troubles?..
No idea, we don't make any changes to Bluetooth functionality.
As for 9.4.11 crashes, we're rebuilding the ROMs with this issue fixed, as well as WebView fix for certain devices.

No idea, we don't make any changes to Bluetooth functionality.
As for 9.4.11 crashes, we're rebuilding the ROMs with this issue fixed, as well as WebView fix for certain devices.
Okay, waiting for rebuild.
мб сами сяоми и накосячили с бт?

On 9.4.12 continues troubles with BT. Can you check differences of BT firmwares from 10.3.1 stable (working normally) and 9.4.12?

You could try flashing the 10.3.1 stable firmware over the 9.4.12 EU rom.

As you have ARB on the Max3 you might want to choose the non-ARB version, dyodd.

I tried this once only on my Max1 to fix a minor but irritating wifi problem, it worked for me.

How do you suggest I should do that, exactly?... it's binary.
For example - by byte. Maybe it have some broken bytes -> bt is not working normally. Now i don't have time to learn how to repack firmwares. If it really have some fail bytes i think that possible to patch 9.4.12 with 10.3 bt binary (just to try will it works or not).

You could try flashing the 10.3.1 stable firmware over the 9.4.12 EU rom.
Now I have 10.3.1, works good (at first sight)

As you have ARB on the Max3 you might want to choose the non-ARB version, dyodd.

I think that I dont have ARB. "fastboot getvar anti" don't return any value. It says that "variable not exists".

PS: BT problems is going from 9.3.7 testing and continues to 9.4.12. Rollback on 9.2.28 testing or 10.3.1 stable solves the problem. I see in near topics - people also have problems with BT.
I think that is xiaomi bug, I think need to check and fix it.

For example - by byte. Maybe it have some broken bytes -> bt is not working normally. Now i don't have time to learn how to repack firmwares. If it really have some fail bytes i think that possible to patch 9.4.12 with 10.3 bt binary (just to try will it works or not).
"broken bytes"? You clearly have no idea what you're saying, so just stop.

"broken bytes"? You clearly have no idea what you're saying, so just stop.
No, man, apparently you don't know what can to do just 1 corrupted byte. Anyway BT still not working. It is a bug. And who screwed up - not my problem. My problem is reporting about this to developers.

No, man, apparently you don't know what can to do just 1 corrupted byte. Anyway BT still not working. It is a bug. And who screwed up - not my problem. My problem is reporting about this to developers.
Not my problem either, I do system app patches, so good luck mate.