9.4.25/26

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
9.4.26, Mimix3, opening front camera, setting to portrait mode, closing slider, phone doesnt return back to home screen and doesnt close the camera, instead it switches to rear camera. Is that normal? Before it was returning back to phone home screen.
Seems to be doing the same sith me but if you use the slider again it exits the camera.

Anyone using Ok Google on last version for Mi9?
Anyone know how to fix?

Last edited:
Reactions: xeGox
Can't zoom, error appears
a4a636f97ca39d4df9ff1d0b7d680fd2.jpg

Отправлено с моего MI 8 через Tapatalk

Hi EU-Team.

Great work, TY guys!

I was upgrading mit MI 8 (dipper) from last weekly to 9.4.25 und again to 9.4.26. Quick and dirty like (you know what) ;-)
Everything is working like a charm. The rom is smooth and really fast. Almost 8h SOT are great at my workload. So no reason to moan at all.

But I am just a bit nosy what's the difference between the "25" and the "26" version. Just a short statement? Or did I miss something?

Thanks again guys. Since my first MIUI rom on Samsung Note (1) a long time passed, but this rom is the best MIUI rom I was ever using!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hello
I don't see three way reboot in dev settings... Can you help me?

Envoyé de mon MI 9 en utilisant Tapatalk

OK Google works on mine too but pressing the AI button only opens Google assistant but doesn't activate the ok Google.
For me, OK Google wakes up the phone, whether with or without AOD from standby

Gesendet von meinem MIX 3 mit Tapatalk

Seems Google Pay doesn't work over Mi 9. I've been doing some tests and I believe Google its able to discern that the bootloader its unlocked and thus marks the phone as rooted/modified.

From my side I've tried the following scenarios:
  • Plain MIUI ROM without any extras.
  • MIUI ROM + Magisk.
  • MIUI ROM + Magisk + Custom kernel.
All installs where from scratch, clearing all the data. In some cases I almost got Google Pay card validation completed, but it got me an error of my bank (probably since I've been validating cards a lot during these tests). In the end, as soon as Google Pay / GMS update, they mark the device as modified. With the first test (plain ROM) I think Google its able to check the bootloader state, since there is no custom kernel nor anything to avoid that and on the other cases I think Magisk its being detected by Google itself, since it was also reported on their GitHub.

I haven't tested the method to patch GMS with an external apk, so not sure if that works, but for the time being its kinda tricky to make this work over Mi 9.

EDIT: Oh! I forgot to add that I also tested the Global Developer version from miui.com and that fails as well (since the phone has the unlocked bootloader), so it fails on the base, its not an issue of xiaomi.eu's version.

For me, OK Google wakes up the phone, whether with or without AOD from standby

This is my settings for if I want OK Google while screen is off. If I have voice match off OK Google doesn't work while screen is off. AI button just links to the assistant screen no Ok Google activation which is a shame.
fe9ecfed2e0204a5ef184a95f19d2d88.jpg

Seems Google Pay doesn't work over Mi 9. I've been doing some tests and I believe Google its able to discern that the bootloader its unlocked and thus marks the phone as rooted/modified.

From my side I've tried the following scenarios:
  • Plain MIUI ROM without any extras.
  • MIUI ROM + Magisk.
  • MIUI ROM + Magisk + Custom kernel.
All installs where from scratch, clearing all the data. In some cases I almost got Google Pay card validation completed, but it got me an error of my bank (probably since I've been validating cards a lot during these tests). In the end, as soon as Google Pay / GMS update, they mark the device as modified. With the first test (plain ROM) I think Google its able to check the bootloader state, since there is no custom kernel nor anything to avoid that and on the other cases I think Magisk its being detected by Google itself, since it was also reported on their GitHub.

I haven't tested the method to patch GMS with an external apk, so not sure if that works, but for the time being its kinda tricky to make this work over Mi 9.

EDIT: Oh! I forgot to add that I also tested the Global Developer version from miui.com and that fails as well (since the phone has the unlocked bootloader), so it fails on the base, its not an issue of xiaomi.eu's version.
Thank you for your explanation. However, xiaomi.eu could communicate that way too. In the 9.3.21 There was still a workaround on how to get GPay to work. Now, however, one remains silent.

"If you have Google Pay issue at Android 9.0 devices:
In the TWRP delete folder /data/data/com.google.android.gms
EN: If you have Google Pay issue, clean data of Google Pay and Google Play Services app"

This is my settings for if I want OK Google while screen is off. If I have voice match off OK Google doesn't work while screen is off. AI button just links to the assistant screen no Ok Google activation which is a shame.
fe9ecfed2e0204a5ef184a95f19d2d88.jpg
I think OK Google is overestimated anyway. I hardly use it, I see it as a nice gimmick.

@Igor Eisberg

Just tried on my wife's Note 5 and there is no problem there!
I can set lock screen wallpaper w/o problem and it is changing!
I see the app version is the same on both devices but in my Poco f1 changing lock screen wallpaper doesnt work!
Maybe other Poco users could try and confirm?

Thank you!

Hi mate,
The screenshot is from other user.
Here is mine.
The lock screen wallpaper cannot be changed even manually from wallpaper carousel! It says "applied" but it's not. I can change it from other app but nit from wallpaper carousel. I tried clearing data but again didn't help. To mention that I use only images from the phone. View attachment 24481

Status
Not open for further replies.