9.5.16/17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone noticed the new filter in gallery AI SKY REPLACEMENT ??? it is amazing and i am wondering why guys dont noticed in new added feautures?

Many users asked, what is changed in the last version, but no answer until this moment.. At 1st i was satisfied with 9.5.16, but in the evenig i saw, that the brightness level in automatic mode could not be adjusted. It always slow down to the darkest level back, when i try it. In the last version i was able to change it. Now i have to choose between automatic mode for the day and manual mode in the evening. Hope, in .17 it will be like before.
I think I was the first one asking about it and I had an answer. All the rest, simply are not tracking the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: ulsa
Simple question: have you selected the appropriate storage where the zip(s) reside, right there on the ui?

Yes, when I select internal memory, the zip file does not appear.
I have to copy the file back to external memory, and select external memory to be able to do the installation.

First time user of the ROM. First thing I notice was that I cannot set up any of my cards for Google Pay, it says I cannot do because the phone is rooted or modified in some way. I don't have root, and I expected it to work due to the changelog saying:
Any clue? Is it really like that? I tried with cards from Lloyds in UK and Revolut.

if i come from miui.eu stable do i have to do anything else or i can just flash beta version over stable and thats it? thanks

First time user of the ROM. First thing I notice was that I cannot set up any of my cards for Google Pay, it says I cannot do because the phone is rooted or modified in some way. I don't have root, and I expected it to work due to the changelog saying:
Any clue? Is it really like that? I tried with cards from Lloyds in UK and Revolut.
Its becouse unlocked bootloader...

Odesláno z mého MI 8 pomocí Tapatalk

Lags the interface, the delay when opening SMS, calls, other applications, besides it knocks an error when opening the camera, mi note 3

Reboot once after the update should solve the fingerprint issue and home button on Mi6 .

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
I tried that but the issue remained unfortunately. I tried another cache wipe etc, but also same thing. No response on the home button.

It's okay, I'll just wait another release. First time I've encountered a problem so no problem. Very happy with the .eu-version!

Hi,to all! Instalid on MI9 ,so far ,so nice! Thanks to devs !Other nice ROM! No bugs with my usage.

Hi, where is that:
New - Added support for setting privacy application, hiding application desktop icon ???
Mi8 with miui 10.4 9.5.17

Reactions: qbert
Hello.I have a problem with my Mi 8 SE.
I have 16 mgbt iss.I am getting 12 mgbts on my Mi 8 SE but when downloading or watching something internet is so slow.(not any speed drop but slow ineternet)

On another phone downloading or something else is better compared to Mi 8 SE.

What is the problem? Can you help me please.

just a little bug, when opening camera on MI 5 (port rom) 9.5.9 device vibrates 1ms when focusing..then works fine..small bug but still..reported here..maybe the users that are porting this amazing rom can fix it..

Same problem/bug Mi Mix 2s - when loose or turn off WiFi, to get mobile data again need to toggle airplane mode
Boring and annoying

Enviado do meu MIX 2S através do Tapatalk

Reactions: qbert
Thanks mate for the quick reply.

How did you flash it? Simply flash inside TWRP without decrypting data? My current TWRP is 3.3.0-0423 from some chinese dev called wzsx150 LR. TEAM.

I can use adb or reboot to twrp just fine but all of /data and /sdcard are encrypted.

Do I do the following :
- Boot to TWRP without decrypting /data
- Transfer the new 9.5.16 to /tmp
- Transfer MAgisk 19.1 to /tmp
- Flash the new 9.5.16
- Flash MAgisk 19.1
- Reboot

Still new to this rom and phone so not wanting to do something stupid

[ Edit ]
Let me correct myself.
- Just booted into my TWRP version above and it can read all my files above. But my phone says it's encrypted. How can TWRP be able to decrypt it if it's encrypted without prompting me for any password/pattern? Trying to be real careful here as this will be my first update since changing stock Global rom to Xiaomi.eu 9.5.9 .

Thanks a bunch
Hope it's not too late,
Usually twrp should require the passcode prior entering, however, if the data is visible, it should be able to flash the Rom to the device.

Yes, simply flash within twrp.

Since its kinda weird I recommend to backup the most important things prior flashing, just to be sure, you are sure the device is encrypted?

No pass in twrp and data = visible renders any encryption useless... So, decrypt within the phone (if possible) enter twrp, flash the Rom.

You might fiddle with encryption afterwards, if twrp will not ask for pass, i would leave it unencrypted for now.

Good luck and be prepared ending up with a non bootable device (format needed).

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition

On Mi 8 battery missing

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-19-02-25-31-590_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-19-02-25-31-590_com.miui.home.png
    606.9 KB · Views: 451
Hope it's not too late,
Usually twrp should require the passcode prior entering, however, if the data is visible, it should be able to flash the Rom to the device.

Yes, simply flash within twrp.

Since its kinda weird I recommend to backup the most important things prior flashing, just to be sure, you are sure the device is encrypted?

No pass in twrp and data = visible renders any encryption useless... So, decrypt within the phone (if possible) enter twrp, flash the Rom.

You might fiddle with encryption afterwards, if twrp will not ask for pass, i would leave it unencrypted for now.

Good luck and be prepared ending up with a non bootable device (format needed).

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition
It's never too late to learn new things mate

That's also my experience that TWRP will prompt for pattern/password before mounting data (Google Nexus, Pixel etc). However mine doesn't ask for it and data is visible.
I have a feeling this particular build of TWRP might have formatted my /data with a hardcoded encryption key because my phone shows that it's encrypted within the settings app while TWRP is able to see it without prompting me for passcode. This will result in a very insecure android phone which I may well need to format again with a properly working TWRP that supports encryption try as I might want to avoid that process.

I have upgraded to 9.5.16 already and the phone has booted up.

Fully prepared to have a non bootable device after doing my Titanium backup (it was stuck backing up wifi settings for 30 mins), Whatsapp and other backups.

Attachments

• capture.jpeg
    capture.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Reactions: LOLO9393
Status
Not open for further replies.