9.5.16/17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google playstore keeps crashing with this error..any ideas to fix it?

android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: no such column: if_range_id (code 1): , while compiling: SELECT _id, entity, _data, mimetype, visibility, destination, control, status, lastmod, notificationpackage, notificationclass, notificationextras, total_bytes, current_bytes, title, description, uri, is_visible_in_downloads_ui, hint, mediaprovider_uri, deleted, bypass_recommended_size_limit, allowed_network_types, no_integrity, numfailed, cookiedata, useragent, referer, otheruid, if_range_id, title AS _display_name, total_bytes AS _size, download_file_hash, download_apk_install_way, download_extra, apk_package_name, errorMsg, download_speedup_time, download_speedup_status, download_speedup_mode, download_extra2 FROM downloads WHERE ((uid=10046 OR otheruid=10046)) AND (notificationclass=?) at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:51) at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:11) at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.query(Unknown Source:74) at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:55) at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:4) at android.content.ContentResolver.query(Unknown Source:12) at com.google.android.finsky.download.at.a(SourceFile:99) at com.google.android.finsky.download.at.a(SourceFile:95) at com.google.android.finsky.download.k.b(SourceFile:12) at com.google.android.finsky.download.l.run(Unknown Source:1) at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4) at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:155) at android.os.HandlerThread.run(Unknown Source:28)

Battery life on 10.3.2 is better on 9.5.17
For Mi 8
Why?
10.3.2 SOT 3h - 50% battery remain
9.5.17 SOT 3h - 35% battery remain

Last edited:
I've read that this week version xiaomi mi 8 will have dc dimming is that true or is it only in global version?

Reactions: deadcpu
donger said:
google pay works for mi 9 but you have to remove /data/data/com.google.android.gms folder in TWRP

• That means with TWRP -> start in recovery -> in TWRP choose "Advanced" -> "File Manager"
  • Change to the folder "/data/data/com.google.android.gms"
  • Click on the small "blue icon" in the lower right corner and choose "delete"
Take a look for details here:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/9-5-9.50450/page-21#post-486801
1) Boot into TWRP, delete "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/"
2) Boot to System
3) Delete GPay App Data (Cache & Data)
4) Start Gpay Once an close it right now, without adding or changing something
5) Boot into TWRP
6) Note the name of Folder inside "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache", only one should be here
7) Boot to System
8) Run SafetyNet App, should be green and no errors
9) Boot into TWRP, now there are 2 Folders in "/data/data/com.google.android.gms"
10) delete "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/<FOLDER FROM POINT 6>", the other Folder should stay untouched
11) CHMOD 0551 to folder "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache"
12) Reboot to System and set up GPay with my Paypal Account

Regards Kater

Battery life on 10.3.2 is better on 9.5.17
For Mi 8
Why?
10.3.2 SOT 3h - 50% battery remain
9.5.17 SOT 3h - 35% battery remain
Because sadly battery life on the MI8 has been awful for the last month or more of weekly releases. Something's keeping the phone awake while the screen is off showing up as android/android system in battery stats. It might also be related to google/android services.

Don't report issues of hacked phones. We don't support "converted" devices.

What do you mean by hacked phone? Or "converted" device? I pointed issue in my later post I have on your clean rom since android Pie update. Did I do something not right?

donger said:
google pay works for mi 9 but you have to remove /data/data/com.google.android.gms folder in TWRP

• That means with TWRP -> start in recovery -> in TWRP choose "Advanced" -> "File Manager"
2) Boot to System
5) Boot into TWRP
6) Note the name of Folder inside "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache", only one should be here
7) Boot to System
9) Boot into TWRP, now there are 2 Folders in "/data/data/com.google.android.gms"
10) delete "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/<FOLDER FROM POINT 6>", the other Folder should stay untouched

Regards Kater

is this permanent solution or we have to do this every time google changes something?

donger said:

2) Boot to System
5) Boot into TWRP
7) Boot to System

Regards Kater

We need to do this also for mi9 SE ?

In this last version, for mi 9 SE, camera2api are already enabled or we need to enable them manually? Thanks

Could you please re-add notification led color selection for redmi 4x in the next build? I have multicolored led but now it is only white. Thanks.

Reactions: nJoy-Android
is this permanent solution or we have to do this every time google changes something?
Everytime Google pay updates.

This method in this link works easier for me if you don't like the twrp method.

Hello, I am new to this and I just unlocked my bootloader. I want to get MIUI without any bloatware. I see that currently I am running MIUI 10.3 on my Mi 8 Lite (Global). My question is the following: what is the difference between MIUI 10.4 9.5.16/17 and MIUI 10.3? Is the first one a weekly where is the 10.3 is the last stable version? Do there roms have all the bloatware and if so should I use mi globeROM? Please advise.

If I install either xiaomi.eu or ******** rom, do they get automatic updates?

Hello, I am new to this and I just unlocked my bootloader. I want to get MIUI without any bloatware. I see that currently I am running MIUI 10.3 on my Mi 8 Lite (Global). My question is the following: what is the difference between MIUI 10.4 9.5.16/17 and MIUI 10.3? Is the first one a weekly where is the 10.3 is the last stable version? Do there roms have all the bloatware and if so should I use mi globeROM? Please advise.

View attachment 24760

If I install either xiaomi.eu or ******** rom, do they get automatic updates?
Yes

No no bloatware depending what apps you mean but apps can be removed if you see one you don't like depending on its system integration.

Xiaomi.eu has its own updater app that will update you with the weekly or stable rom depending what your using.

Status
Not open for further replies.