9.5.16/17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes

No no bloatware depending what apps you mean but apps can be removed if you see one you don't like depending on its system integration.

Xiaomi.eu has its own updater app that will update you with the weekly or stable rom depending what your using.

What about the ROM versions?

Edit: Nevermind. I see the difference here. Thank you.

New question, should I go with the stable 10.3 version or go ahead and use 10.4 latest version?

Last edited:
What about the ROM versions?

Edit: Nevermind. I see the difference here. Thank you.

New question, should I go with the stable 10.3 version or go ahead and use 10.4 latest version?
If you like bugs an understand there will be some and want the latest features and have time to backup and install new roms go for beta.
Go with stable if you don't need the trouble of the above :)

I want to ask if anyone is noticed that with dark theme we have better battery with proof of course because i didn't see any significant difference

I want to ask if anyone is noticed that with dark theme we have better battery with proof of course because i didn't see any significant difference

With a LCD screen (IPS,...), the power consumption is totally unrelated to the screen display.
A totally white screen consumes exactly the same power than a black one.
In fact, all the leds of the screen are always on. They are obturated by a LCD layer which give the targeted display content.
In that case, a dark theme is only more comfortable to our eyes.

With a OLED screen, the consumption is directly related to the visible brightness of the screen, because the black color is made by led totally off / shut down.
In that case, a dark mode in place of a light one may save a significant amount of energy.

Hi!
Updated to xiaomi.eu_multi_MI6_9.5.16_v10-9 and lost my root access on mi6.

New install via TWRP recovery didn't work (SuperSU 2.82)

Is there any way to get back root via SuperSU?

donger said:
google pay works for mi 9 but you have to remove /data/data/com.google.android.gms folder in TWRP

• That means with TWRP -> start in recovery -> in TWRP choose "Advanced" -> "File Manager"
  • Change to the folder "/data/data/com.google.android.gms"
  • Click on the small "blue icon" in the lower right corner and choose "delete"
Take a look for details here:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/9-5-9.50450/page-21#post-486801
1) Boot into TWRP, delete "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/"
2) Boot to System
3) Delete GPay App Data (Cache & Data)
4) Start Gpay Once an close it right now, without adding or changing something
5) Boot into TWRP
6) Note the name of Folder inside "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache", only one should be here
7) Boot to System
8) Run SafetyNet App, should be green and no errors
9) Boot into TWRP, now there are 2 Folders in "/data/data/com.google.android.gms"
10) delete "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/<FOLDER FROM POINT 6>", the other Folder should stay untouched
11) CHMOD 0551 to folder "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache"
12) Reboot to System and set up GPay with my Paypal Account

Regards Kater

But we need to do this also on mi 9 se? Or only if we use Mgisk?
And why this is not necessary on stock global?

Last edited:
But we need to do this also on mi 9 se? Or only if we use Mgisk?
And why this is not necessary on stock global?

This Tutorial was created for my Mi8, don't know if this also works on Mi9 SE, but you could check it and report back :)

This is needed because of the unlocked Bootloader, most people on Stock Global have a locked Bootloader. With Stock Rom (Stable & Beta) and locked Bootloader no problems with Gpay.

Has nothing todo with Magisk (root). My Phone is not rooted, but needed this Workaround to use Gpay.

Reactions: gonzalo09
if I have unlocked my bootloader, can I flash this ROM using MIUI updater, so without fastboot method? Something tells me that if I do it my bootloader becomes locked <.<

Hello to all! I'm new to your site. But I have been using your firmware for a long time.
I am the owner of xiaomi redmi note 7 pro. There are problems with the auto-brightness of the screen. The sensor works inadequately and I can not adjust the brightness. There are also problems, your firmware will not be updated on this model by OTA yet. until the glitches are no longer noticed.

Hi!
Updated to xiaomi.eu_multi_MI6_9.5.16_v10-9 and lost my root access on mi6.

New install via TWRP recovery didn't work (SuperSU 2.82)

Is there any way to get back root via SuperSU?
Be modern!
You may flash MAGISK.
This option is embedded in latest TWRP in advancedd section/root.

Status
Not open for further replies.