Not open for further replies.
This is true?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-12-13-42-25-038_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-05-12-13-42-25-038_com.android.chrome.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 626
This is true?
Yes, 9.5.9 for Mix2 is Android 9 (P).

I have flashed it (dirty flash, but with everything backed up on a PC), through TWRP Recovery (flash the update of TWRP first, to the latest Chiron version from twrp.me, the official source).

I made sure my fingerprints were deleted, and set the password instead of pattern, as some people have had issues with encryption and needed the password.

Also for the initial flashing of the Pie ROM, it is safer to not flash additional .zip files (mods, hacks, etc) with the ROM.

After flashing I added SuperSU, all went OK.

Guys after I Updated the MIUI.eu I cannot boot into recovery, I tried to reflash it but the issue persist, do you have any advice for me? thanks

I seem to have read that in some phones, the autostart activates all the applications by default.
It is right?
Does it also happen in MI8 SE?

Guys after I Updated the MIUI.eu I cannot boot into recovery, I tried to reflash it but the issue persist, do you have any advice for me? thanks
Which device?
Did you try flashing through fastboot an official version and then switch?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

I still have a problems since the last 3-4 releases ago. SOmetimes when leave wifi, i will have limited connection to internet. For example i receive messages to Whatsapp, but no pictures or videos. You tube says i am not conected to internet, but i see the 4G icon and the UL DL arrows. In order to make the internet work again, I have to go to SIM card settings/Preferred Network Type and change from GSM/WCDMA/LTE to TD-SCDMA/GSM/WCDMA/LTE. What is happening????? And after i have the problem again, ...i switch from TD-SCDMA/GSM/WCDMA/LTE to GSM/WCDMA/LTE...and it works again. Or just restart the phone.

Is there any plan for redmi 7? It has been added into the list for a long time, but I still can't find the ROM or TWRP...

I installed it on trial at max 3 and I am pleasantly surprised. The GPS works quickly and detects more satellites, the network signal is better, Gmail notifications so far they work, the fingerprint works great, magisk 19.1 also. Just like global versions.
Whatever the batteries I need to check, but I think it gets faster than global.

Only what I miss is to increase the volume because it is quiet and the option to set the sound of SMS in the settings of ringtones (I know that you can set from the application).
Is there any way to increase the volume?

I still have a problems since the last 3-4 releases ago. SOmetimes when leave wifi, i will have limited connection to internet. For example i receive messages to Whatsapp, but no pictures or videos. You tube says i am not conected to internet, but i see the 4G icon and the UL DL arrows. In order to make the internet work again, I have to go to SIM card settings/Preferred Network Type and change from GSM/WCDMA/LTE to TD-SCDMA/GSM/WCDMA/LTE. What is happening????? And after i have the problem again, ...i switch from TD-SCDMA/GSM/WCDMA/LTE to GSM/WCDMA/LTE...and it works again. Or just restart the phone.
Enabling/disabling flight mode is probably easier and has the same effect.
No idea why it's happening but I'm also getting that on my mi 8 occasionally.
I guess radio/modem Fw is rather buggy. See also the massive cell standby drain whiles connected to wifi.

Reactions: qbert
Google Pay

Could someone please confirm exactly how to get it working?

I need to root/install magisk and it should work?
In general I would avoid rooting when messing around with banking or payment apps. On my Mi8 Gpay works flawlessly since a lot of releases now. This one included.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

Yes, 9.5.9 for Mix2 is Android 9 (P).

I have flashed it (dirty flash, but with everything backed up on a PC), through TWRP Recovery (flash the update of TWRP first, to the latest Chiron version from twrp.me, the official source).

I made sure my fingerprints were deleted, and set the password instead of pattern, as some people have had issues with encryption and needed the password.

Also for the initial flashing of the Pie ROM, it is safer to not flash additional .zip files (mods, hacks, etc) with the ROM.

After flashing I added SuperSU, all went OK.
How about Battery SOT?

In general I would avoid rooting when messing around with banking or payment apps. On my Mi8 Gpay works flawlessly since a lot of releases now. This one included.

Here it doesn't work. (No root)

Sent from my MI 8

Here it doesn't work. (No root)

Sent from my MI 8
You have to rename the gms file via TWRP. Colleague of mine had the same issue. Google for "Google pay file rename fix TWRP" This method fixes it.

Rename "data/data/com.google.android.gms" to "
data/data/com.google.android.gms.bak" or simply delete it. Reboot (preferable) or delete app data of Gpay and setup your payment method again (uncool since cumbersome)

Done!

Here's the article.

It's in German but you'll get the idea.

Fixed it on mi 8 on this release.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.