Invalid [9.6.7] [MI9] Proximity sensore not working well

Nuno Rocha

Members
Mar 19, 2014
Hello,

In the latest versions I have notices than the proximity sensor of my MI9 inst working properly. I go to the harware test and I see the values changing as I put my hand above it. It isn't as sensitive as it should even after changing the sensitivity values. On call the sceen won't turn off and in the latest build, I notices that the screen won't go off but if I press the power button to turn it off during the call, the screen goes on imediatly.
Can someone confirm this?

Regards,

Nuno

Reactions: aticatac
Hello,

In the latest versions I have notices than the proximity sensor of my MI9 inst working properly. I go to the harware test and I see the values changing as I put my hand above it. It isn't as sensitive as it should even after changing the sensitivity values. On call the sceen won't turn off and in the latest build, I notices that the screen won't go off but if I press the power button to turn it off during the call, the screen goes on imediatly.
Can someone confirm this?

Regards,

Nuno

Same here. I am on 9.6.7 on a Mi 9 and the proximity sensor isn't working at all.

It did a couple of versions ago, though.

Have to do some more testing.

Hello guys, same problem here in my Mi9 SE, any news? My phone is Mi9 SE. with MIUI 10.3.4.0 stable global
My case is strange, my sensor was working perfectly, untill... the last update, an android security patch from August 2019, after this update, I notice the failures in this sensor, I tried calibrating it with the CIT app, but never change from 5.0.
But the strange case is after somes reebotings, in the CIT app doesnt change the value, but the sensor works in whatsapp audios and in calls... the screen goes off/on well... I dont understand but I m sure is a software, driver problem.
Some solution for this? thanks guys