9.8.29/9.9.3/9.9.6 - Last MIUI 10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can not download from Playstore on 9.9.6 on my Mi 9T Pro. Have delete cache, other playtore version but nothing help. On 9.8.1 Pie all ok. Only on Q now its not work.
I had the same problem.Flash recommended TWRP from first post and you will be fine.

No Widevine L1 for (Chinese) MI9 Transparent Edition 12GB/256GB .. I am on 9.9.6 and have done full wipe including format data. Everything works OK accept for Widevine L1 (which is Widevine L3 actually).. is this known ?

Eu tenho o mesmo problema, já reportei na seção de BUGS e até agora ninguém respondeu...
Reverti para a ultima build que funcionou para mim 9.8.22
____________________________________________________________________________________________
I have the same problem, I've reported it on the BUGS section but so far no one replied...
I reverted to the last build that worked for me 9.8.22
but i now some MI8 se they cant make a call

Do you mean android 10 or MIUI 10?

I have test this but not work on Mi 9T Pro. Its for K20 Pro and this is little different. Get black screen whene boot in twrp. Only Mauron twrp working on the Mi 9T Pro.
Is excly the same devices. Try clean install, maybe this fix your problem..

Is excly the same devices. Try clean install, maybe this fix your problem..

No, not quite. I know it and I know my way around. I tested everything with Mauron and he is the only one who found a solution. I flash always clean. I am not a noob ;-) . I flash over 15 years lol.

I flashed 9.9.3 on Mi 9 SE (grus), but it doesn't see 5ghz wifi. It's EU version device (bought in Germany), but I am currently using it in Kazakhstan and I couldn't find where to change the region.
Removed 5GHz region restrictions
Doesn't it mean I can connect to 5 GHz wifi despite the region I am currently in?

again and again.... download an older version from apk-mirror or try this:

it works for me .... MI9

regards Kater
Thanks, though I don't actually use Netflix on my phone. I only posted this in response to an earlier post mentioning it didn't work due to the DRM security level being L3 to show that the problem wasn't that, as I'm at L1 and also cannot download it.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one with this issue!
I've decided to wait until 9.9.9 to see if they reverse the bug. Have you found a fix for it by any chance?
Are you referring to the google backups not working or the crash I'm seeing with my work sandbox? In either case, I haven't solved either yet.

Regarding the google backups, I'm currently investigating various 3rd party backup options (though it would be nice if the build in Google Drive backups were working).

As for the crash issue, it only seems to pop up a few times then stops, so it hasn't bothered me too much yet. In fact, I've just been looking for a way to disable the Xiaomi crash reporter popups because functionality-wise, I have no issues with the work apps I use (Gmail and Calendar), so the only annoying thing are the occasional popups.

However, since I posted yesterday, I noticed one more bug. Playing full screen videos in Chrome seems to be somewhat broken (at least while watching videos in incognito mode from a certain videos site starting with the letter x lol). It works in the sense that I can tap the full screen button on a streaming video and it goes full screen, but then half the time it renders in the content of one of my other tabs in the left half of the screen and the time scrubber doesn't work (doesn't respond to touches, can't drag it), so I can't skip through the videos.

Reactions: extpumajl
Everything works OK accept for Widevine L1 (which is Widevine L3 actually).. is this known ?
Do you mean that in this rom, when the DRM Info app shows Widevine L1 it's actually L3? I guess that would explain the Netflix issue. Though others seem to actually see L3 reported in that app, while I and others see L1...

Are you referring to the google backups not working or the crash I'm seeing with my work sandbox? In either case, I haven't solved either yet.

Regarding the google backups, I'm currently investigating various 3rd party backup options (though it would be nice if the build in Google Drive backups were working).

As for the crash issue, it only seems to pop up a few times then stops, so it hasn't bothered me too much yet. In fact, I've just been looking for a way to disable the Xiaomi crash reporter popups because functionality-wise, I have no issues with the work apps I use (Gmail and Calendar), so the only annoying thing are the occasional popups.

However, since I posted yesterday, I noticed one more bug. Playing full screen videos in Chrome seems to be somewhat broken (at least while watching videos in incognito mode from a certain videos site starting with the letter x lol). It works in the sense that I can tap the full screen button on a streaming video and it goes full screen, but then half the time it renders in the content of one of my other tabs in the left half of the screen and the time scrubber doesn't work (doesn't respond to touches, can't drag it), so I can't skip through the videos.
LOL. Videos in incognito are broken for me too. I see the half of the other tab over the video, like you said. But is this an issue of MIUI or Chrome...

Reactions: einsteinx2
Do you mean that in this rom, when the DRM Info app shows Widevine L1 it's actually L3? I guess that would explain the Netflix issue. Though others seem to actually see L3 reported in that app, while I and others see L1...
No I mean tot say everything is OK accept widevine is NOT L1 on my model phone but L3 .. Question I asked is why some model MI9 do have L1 and some stay at L3 .. It seems global models do have L1 now while Chinese models do stay at L3

So regarding the second issue I posted (the crashes with a work profile), it turns out TWRP also has a long running bug that prevents NANDroid backups when using a work profile (always fails trying to backup the data partition due to the encryption on the work profile user folder instead of just skipping it or something).

Removing that account and re-adding it without creating a separate profile resolved both issues for me. I haven't seen any more crash notifications and performed a NANDroid backup successfully to a USB flash drive using OTG mode (haven't tried backing up to internal storage again yet, but given the error log has to do with reading the encrypted profile rather than any write issues and it failed for me before using both internal storage and OTG USB, I assume that works fine too).

So the only issues left are the Google Drive device backups not working and that Chrome videos issue.

One nice thing to note is that in the MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM I was using before, the Camera app's video stabilization did not seem to actually work for 60fps videos (neither 1080p or 4k) even though the setting was on. Also in Google Photos, trying to stabilize a 60fps video would work but then fail to save. Using this ROM, not only does the built in stabilization seem to work now, but I can now stabilize both 1080p and 4k 60fps videos in Google Photos and it saves correctly! That alone is worth it as it works extremely well!

LOL. Videos in incognito are broken for me too. I see the half of the other tab over the video, like you said. But is this an issue of MIUI or Chrome...
Yeah could just be some bug with Chrome and Android 10 (I'm on a Mi 9), or maybe it's a ROM bug. I mean the Android 10 rom is still very beta, so who knows.

No I mean tot say everything is OK accept widevine is NOT L1 on my model phone but L3 .. Question I asked is why some model MI9 do have L1 and some stay at L3 .. It seems global models do have L1 now while Chinese models do stay at L3
Ahh ok that makes sense. Yeah I have a global model Mi 9 (purchased in Colombia).

Reactions: CommanderSix
Btw does anyone know if this forum thread the correct place for bug reports, or is there somewhere else like an official bug tracker or something that I should be posting these issues to?

This is my first time using this ROM.

Hi Guys!

Just installed this on my K20 Pro and all works OK! Waiting for Miui11 to arrive... I have only one request: can you please include on the next release the always on theme of the spaceman which is on global version? I love this theme... Or... The option to just browse for our custom images, that would be even awsome!

Thanks for your rom!

Regards!

Hi Guys!

Just installed this on my K20 Pro and all works OK! Waiting for Miui11 to arrive... I have only one request: can you please include on the next release the always on theme of the spaceman which is on global version? I love this theme... Or... The option to just browse for our custom images, that would be even awsome!

Thanks for your rom!

Regards!
For what it's worth, I have the Android 10 version of this current ROM (Mi 9) and it does include the spaceman always on theme (in fact by chance I happen to be using it right now haha). So maybe it'll be included for other devices once they're all MIUI 11/Android 10 based?

For what it's worth, I have the Android 10 version of this current ROM (Mi 9) and it does include the spaceman always on theme (in fact by chance I happen to be using it right now haha). So maybe it'll be included for other devices once they're all MIUI 11/Android 10 based?

Hi,

K20 Pro is on android 10, I installed 9.9.6 version. It doesn't have the spaceman theme...

Regards!

Oh weird... No idea why it was only included in the Mi 9 ROM. Maybe just an oversight then?

Yeah, perhaps... On the next rom (which will probably be Miui 11 based) it'll appear (fingers crossed!)... Who knows, maybe on Miui 11 builds they'll add the option I suggested before, browse for our own custom picture (on top of some base theme, of course)...

There is hope for Miui 11 (https://www.xda-developers.com/miui-11-leak-new-design-icons-features/)

Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.