9 SE: after update the OS won't even start, froze at "unlocked"

Tipika

Members
Dec 29, 2018
Hi, I had version 6.30 and today i updated to 9.03.

The screen stays frozen at "unlocked", meaning the OS won't even start, not a bootloop. I updated the twrp to the latest one, nothing changed.

I flashed the update using the LR TWRP. Now I updated the TWRP to TWRP 3.3.1-3 [02-08-2019] found on xda. Still it doesn't start. I tried to reflash the rom, it doesn't start.

What i can do to resurrect my device?

Thanks

Help, just tried with miflash, flashing latest stable, still stays frozen at "unlocked"

edit: i can have the latest stable, but there is no way to have the beta version anymore. If i install any beta version, it just bootloops and then goes back to the recovery after a while

Last edited:
i had a bootloop once, and all i could do was flash the latest China beta version, then installed an 2018 weekly from xiaomi.eu, updated and it was fine, try that

me too with the 5x (november 2018 update required to flash latest china beta then latest weekly)

but now i can't find the china beta images for miflash, only stable

Help, just tried with miflash, flashing latest stable, still stays frozen at "unlocked"

edit: i can have the latest stable, but there is no way to have the beta version anymore. If i install any beta version, it just bootloops and then goes back to the recovery after a while
Did you try to FORMAT DATA in twrp and then flash the weekly update?
P.S. backup all the files on your phone before attempting to format data - it will erase everything on your phone

yes i formatted the data. After all those experiments, twrp couldn't recognize the encryption on the internal sd anymore also, i lost all those (formatted also)

yes i formatted the data. After all those experiments, twrp couldn't recognize the encryption on the internal sd anymore also, i lost all those (formatted also)
Like in the uploaded image? Your storage shouldn't be encrypted if you formatted data.

Attachments

• IMG_20190906_170328_721.jpg
    IMG_20190906_170328_721.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 251
yes exactly. If you do that, internal storage won't be touched and it will be still be encrypted with the same password (type password: i can access files via adb, don't type the password, can't access them)

yes exactly. If you do that, internal storage won't be touched and it will be still be encrypted with the same password (type password: i can access files via adb, don't type the password, can't access them)
Impossible - if you Format data your storage becomes unencrypted. Try other twrp from this forum or search xda.

ah really? I supposed it was by design. After I flashed the global stable with miflash, it continued to bootloop, i flashed again the twrp, storage was still encrypted with the same password. Then I formatted data, rebooted, and it started. The phone had exactly the same unlock password that was set before wiping it

I'll try to format everything except vital stuff like boot and modem, then flash again with miflash "flash and clean" (but without locking the bootloader)

ah really? I supposed it was by design. After I flashed the global stable with miflash, it continued to bootloop, i flashed again the twrp, storage was still encrypted with the same password. Then I formatted data, rebooted, and it started. The phone had exactly the same unlock password that was set before wiping it

I'll try to format everything except vital stuff like boot and modem, then flash again with miflash "flash and clean" (but without locking the bootloader)
Just Format data in twrp like in picture above. You have to type "yes" to confirm the erasure. Reboot, then copy your rom to phone and flash it.

tonight i'll try with another twrp because when i do that, storage is still encrypted - maybe it could be the reason it hangs at "unlocked"