A couple of questions ...

Iain_B

Members
Mar 25, 2013
Hi, I am thinking of the 13 Pro - 8/256 (CN - just under £700)
Is there any difference in the hardware between the original 13 Pro (CN), and the new Global, which is coming out quite expensive now?
Also, aptX is not mentioned in the specs. Is this a hardware limitation, or is it (has it been) added to the EU ROM?

I ask about the aptX because it had got switched off on my headphones, and with putting it back on with my Mi 10, it is noticeably better.

Aptx is a BT codec for lossless audio by Qualcomm, no reason why that should be different.

Buying a CN Region means you need to take care of the MIUI

If you want buy the phone for a 20% lower price
Pm me , I'll share the CN agent I use to buy with on Alibaba

Aptx is a BT codec for lossless audio by Qualcomm, no reason why that should be different.

Buying a CN Region means you need to take care of the MIUI

If you want buy the phone for a 20% lower price
Pm me , I'll share the CN agent I use to buy with on Alibaba
Thanks for the reponse.
Yes, but is the aptX codec included in the eu ROM for the 13 pro, even though it is not included in the 13 Pro specs (but is included in my Mi 10 specs)?
I was balancing the price of the CN version against the new Global version, but making sure that they are the same phone, just different OS.
I shall PM you.

The HW difference is:
Global device supports eSIM and B20 LTE band.
Sorry to push this, but is there a reference for this?
For instance, it now seems that the 13 Pro supports aptX, even though specifications on some sites do not include it.

I would bet that XM 13 Pro Global supports:
- Qualcomm aptX audio
- Qualcomm aptX HD audio
I think it's standard for similar models.

I would bet that XM 13 Pro Global supports:
- Qualcomm aptX audio
- Qualcomm aptX HD audio
I think it's standard for similar models.
I think that the Qualcomm defines the aptX.
However, the sites that I have come across for the specifications for the 13 Pro do not seem to specify either CN or Global, just the 13 Pro.
Which takes me back to my initial question, for instance is it the software/OS that defines, for instance, the eSIM and B20 LTE band.

In other words, if I were to get the 13 Pro CN, unlocked it, and installed the EU ROM, would the result be any different from doing the same with the 13 Pro Global?

How many times does it need to be repeated that eSIM and B20 LTE is a HW feature?
The Chinese device does not have an eSIM and the B20 LTE band. And Global ROM won't change that.

How many times does it need to be repeated that eSIM and B20 LTE is a HW feature?
The Chinese device does not have an eSIM and the B20 LTE band. And Global ROM won't change that.
OK - thanks. All the major UK networks use B20 LTE, but not exclusively. At the moment that is making about £100 difference in price. I see that GSMArena shows the band differences between the CN and Global.

[Edit: GSMArena - Xiaomi 13 Pro - you need to expand the Network section to get the band details. But it does not mention Bluetooth aptX!]

Last edited:
I was just chatting to a supplier in China about a 'Global' version. He was very honest about a this, and said it was a CN version flashed with the Global ROM.

• Wow
Reactions: BlueMeany
Qualcomm's aptX and aptX HD encoders are finally free to use on Android

Google it, ...the Xiaomi 13 Pro can play music in high Rez over the USB C

Yes, thanks. I had already found that site. But, interestingly, that site does not include my Mi 10, which definitely does support aptX. So, it goes to show that one should research widely, rather than relying on just one site. And the need to support statements with references.