A few bugs

Kuttyjoe

Members
Apr 27, 2011
This is the best Rom I've ever used, but there are a few bugs that seem to be in every MIUI Rom I've tried.

I'm using the TMOUS HD2.

1. The spinner for setting date and time doesn't work with Profile Valet or Profile Manager. Both can be found in Android market. Also, the spinner is not so polished like other parts of MIUI which are wonderful.

2. There are two iphone themes. Both of them cause the same problem. Once I load those themes, I can no longer access System settings. It crashes every time. This also happens across a range of MIUI Roms.

3. The MIUI Gallery which is wonderful, crashes when I tried to "edit" a picture on the particular rom I'm using. It worked before, but on this rom, it's crashing every time. The rom is "JW MIUI-26April.zip"

Thanks for the great roms though. This is the best rom series ever.

1. Could you provide a screenshot so it can be reported.

2. Themes have undergone some changes lately so it could be theme related. There has been no FC issues with Settings in 1.4.22

3. Fixed for 1.4.29.

I found other bugs also: same phone

1. Phone crashes when receiving a call while watching a flash video.

2. Music force closes sometimes.

3. Downloading files greater than 100 mb, crashes if multitasking.

4. Watching megavideos.com

Something to note, camcorder is laggy, but Jan from xda fixed it on his build.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but when downloading an update from the Market the progress bar cuts across the rating. It doesn't really affect the download, but hoping it is a general issue and not just me.

snap20110427_113526-1.png

Mark I have been having this problem from the last two releases. Whenever I cleared my memory via App Killer (long press home and App Killer). After about 30mins two things will happen.

1.lockscreen becomes unresponsive forcing me to pull out the battery. The phone will register my finger to swipe down but nothing happens

2.pull down menu gets wonky without drawing the background. Attached is the screen shot of this occurrence.

71d27f4a-1223-0d9b.jpg

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I have one major bug with the current release, my swype will not work at all! Ive deleted and reinstalled swype installer and disabled swype keyboard and selected android keyboard & then selected swype.....rebooted, and nada. My swype keyboard gets a blue square around it whenever i try swyping anything. It lagged with the last release and would get stuck, but now it doesnt work at all :(

Sent from my HTC Glacier using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but when downloading an update from the Market the progress bar cuts across the rating. It doesn't really affect the download, but hoping it is a general issue and not just me.

+1, I noticed this same problem

10_characters
This is the best Rom I've ever used, but there are a few bugs that seem to be in every MIUI Rom I've tried.

I'm using the TMOUS HD2.

1. The spinner for setting date and time doesn't work with Profile Valet or Profile Manager. Both can be found in Android market. Also, the spinner is not so polished like other parts of MIUI which are wonderful.

2. There are two iphone themes. Both of them cause the same problem. Once I load those themes, I can no longer access System settings. It crashes every time. This also happens across a range of MIUI Roms.
This is definitely theme related. I've tested by myself and is not a ROM bug ! Mostly caused by trying to use old themes build for Froyo releases
3. The MIUI Gallery which is wonderful, crashes when I tried to "edit" a picture on the particular rom I'm using. It worked before, but on this rom, it's crashing every time. The rom is "JW MIUI-26April.zip"

Thanks for the great roms though. This is the best rom series ever.