A simple update guide for xiaomi M2

Hi
Can someone tell me what i shall do to install Google Play Store on my Xioami M2?
When I load it down from the Market and try to start it it`s crash!
Another option is to copy it to system /app folder and set permission like other files there.

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Hi , yesterday I got my mi2, I tried to upload rom from forum, but can´t find update aplication on my phone.
Antutu saying that i have quad core Neon and Adreno 320 so i hope it's no fake. Is it possible download update apk from internet?
I tried update from recovery but it always interupt with "Error invalid OTA package. missing scaler." It is my first android phone so i don't know what to do:( actually i find FTS_Upgrade.apk i install it but it dont work:(

Hi , yesterday I got my mi2, I tried to upload rom from forum, but can´t find update aplication on my phone.
Antutu saying that i have quad core Neon and Adreno 320 so i hope it's no fake. Is it possible download update apk from internet?
I tried update from recovery but it always interupt with "Error invalid OTA package. missing scaler." It is my first android phone so i don't know what to do:( actually i find FTS_Upgrade.apk i install it but it dont work:(
Most probably its a fake. Check fake mi2 thread for more testing.

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Some people are having trouble with updating their Xiaomi M2 so decided to share an update procedure.

Please read this full post carefully along with notes at the end please. If you have questions/problems then please at least read the posts at the first page of this thread.

First about the xiaomi Phone partition structure
This phone unlike other phones, have two system partitions (System 1 and system 2) but it uses the same user data and user installed applications for both partitions. So it means for both systems, you just need to install the application only once and it will be available in both partitions along with application data.​

There are two methods to update the M2 to new ROM.
a)- Using the updater App​
b)- Using the pre-installed Recovery

Always backup your data before updating. You can use MIUI Backup application, its really great app already installed on all MIUI ROMs.

a) Using Updater App
To use this method
  1. Download the ROM zip file from ROM thread http://miuiandroid.com/community/forums/miui-weekly-rom-releases.103/
  2. Put it on your SDCard (yes Virtual)
  3. Open the App named Updater -> press the menu key and select installation pack.
  4. Then select the ROM zip file you want to install.
  5. It will install the ROM and will ask if you want to reboot to new system.
NOTE1:as this method is very easy, it has one disadvantage!! As M2 have two system partitions it can’t update the current system partition. It always updates the other partition i.e. if you are currently booted in system1 then it will update system 2 and if you are in system 2 then it will update system1. You can also install gapp zip in same way by selecting gapp zip file as installation pack (Gapps are not needed with MIUIandroid release - already included)

NOTE2: It’s the only way to update the system 2 partition.

b) Using pre-installed Recovery
For this method
  1. Download the ROM zip file from ROM thread http://miuiandroid.com/community/forums/miui-weekly-rom-releases.103/
  2. Rename the downloaded ROM zip file as “update.zip” and put it on the root of SDCard (virtual)
  3. Reboot to recovery (power off and then use Volume up + power button, release the buttons when you see MI logo),
  4. Select the language ,
  5. Select “install update.zip to system ONE”,
  6. Select Yes to confirm ,
  7. After completion reboot.
  8. Repeat this method to install Gapps.zip but again you have to put gapp zip in the root of SDcard and rename it as “update.zip” (Gapps are not needed with MIUIandroid release - already included)
Note:This method always updates the System One!! It can’t be used to update the system 2 partition.

All the information is learned from this forum and official xiaomi Chinese web site.

When I use pre-installed Recovery I got this message: Error: Invalid OTA packager. missing scatter update.zip is not correct! What do I wrong?
Johnny

When I use pre-installed Recovery I got this message: Error: Invalid OTA packager. missing scatter update.zip is not correct! What do I wrong?
Johnny
Do you have updater app in your phone ? and what rom are you trying to flash. in recovery is it ask you the language options ? what is your recovery version ?

Do you have updater app in your phone ? and what rom are you trying to flash. in recovery is it ask you the language options ? what is your recovery version ?
No I have not any updater app in my phone, and when I reboot the phone and use the volume + I came to the update meny but I was not asked about language options! The question was if I want to update fro SDCard and then what file I want to use!
Johnny

No I have not any updater app in my phone, and when I reboot the phone and use the volume + I came to the update meny but I was not asked about language options! The question was if I want to update fro SDCard and then what file I want to use!
Johnny
It's a fake. You can't use any rom from this website

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

prob lame question, but i have xiaomi mi 2 with orig. system MIUI version: JLB10.0, and on this site is 3.1.25 it is newer? 10<3.1.14 ? i dont get it... :(

When I got my phone It was with JLB5.0 chinese, then i just flashed the latest version from this site.
Was I supposed to first upgrade to latest chinese and then to the one from here?
same as should do with other phones, where you first flash latest original firmware and only then the modded one,
to have everything fully updated
maybe it would help with all those msm_hsic_host,powermanagerservice & radio-interface kernel wakelocks I have..

When I got my phone It was with JLB5.0 chinese, then i just flashed the latest version from this site.
Was I supposed to first upgrade to latest chinese and then to the one from here?
same as should do with other phones, where you first flash latest original firmware and only then the modded one,
to have everything fully updated
maybe it would help with all those msm_hsic_host,powermanagerservice & radio-interface kernel wakelocks I have..

You can update to any version its not a problem.

Sent from Teclast A10t using TapaTalk HD

prob lame question, but i have xiaomi mi 2 with orig. system MIUI version: JLB10.0, and on this site is 3.1.25 it is newer? 10<3.1.14 ? i dont get it... :(
There are two kind of roms. JLB 5,7,10 are stable ROMs , 10 is latest stable. And 3.1.19,3.1.25 are development versions later being latest

Sent from Teclast A10t using TapaTalk HD

Hi
Can someone tell me what i shall do to install Google Play Store on my Xioami M2?
When I load it down from the Market and try to start it it`s crash!

Hello,

If you are on original firmware just download google play from Mimarket and it`s work

Hi, i updated my device using the fisrt method (and repeated it so i'l have 3.2.1 on both partitions) but i'm missing some of the Gapps (Latitue, Street viewer) and i cant install the Gapps :q

i get this error message "Unexpected number of arguments (5)"

i tried to install the gapps in the second method and it updated my second partition back to jlb 11 (?!) can someone explain me how can i get those gapps please?

Hi, i updated my device using the fisrt method (and repeated it so i'l have 3.2.1 on both partitions) but i'm missing some of the Gapps (Latitue, Street viewer) and i cant install the Gapps :q

i get this error message "Unexpected number of arguments (5)"

i tried to install the gapps in the second method and it updated my second partition back to jlb 11 (?!) can someone explain me how can i get those gapps please?
1 on miuiandroid rom, it have the playstore. Install the street view from play store
2.on Chinese roms and JLB, open the gapps zip and play store (phone sky.apk ) and talk.apk to your sdcard and install like any other app then remaining apps can be installed from playstore

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Hi hadron, thanks for the answer.
The problem is that I can't find street viewer & latitude on playstore and when I try to enter latitude via Google maps I get fc ..
Is there any other way to install them?

Hi,

Got my mi2 today & I wanted to install the new rom. However I could not install in the recovery as it is showing the error that the file should be put in the "root" of sd card. Connecting to my pc will show the internal storage where the files like alarm, android etc are present but no root. I'm sure I'm asking a very noob question here but really appreciate it if someone could help. Thanks..

Hi,

Got my mi2 today & I wanted to install the new rom. However I could not install in the recovery as it is showing the error that the file should be put in the "root" of sd card. Connecting to my pc will show the internal storage where the files like alarm, android etc are present but no root. I'm sure I'm asking a very noob question here but really appreciate it if someone could help. Thanks..

"Root of sdcard" basically means the main folder - place the rom in the main folder (copy rom, click MI2 device icon from my computer and paste), rename it to update.zip and flash it from stock recovery. If you scan the xiaomi mi2 forum you can see CWM recovery from M1cha link to CWM: http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/2013-03-24-clockworkmod-recovery-6-0-3-0.19686/
This recovery is really worth it.