A simple update guide for xiaomi M2

Can someone help me understand this -- I am preparing my device to give someone who will use the stable version - I want to have the phone working with the easiest update process - where should the stable version be installed to - I am assuming MiFlash then the system 2 partition is used.. When the user upgrades via the update app from a stable ROM, does the active system automatically toggle ? and does it matter if there is another development or Stock Vanilla version on System 1 with Stable on System 2? I want to return the phone to stock condition for effortless and only essential updates of stable ROM for a novice user. Thanks in advance.

Can someone help me understand this -- I am preparing my device to give someone who will use the stable version - I want to have the phone working with the easiest update process - where should the stable version be installed to - I am assuming MiFlash then the system 2 partition is used.. When the user upgrades via the update app from a stable ROM, does the active system automatically toggle ? and does it matter if there is another development or Stock Vanilla version on System 1 with Stable on System 2? I want to return the phone to stock condition for effortless and only essential updates of stable ROM for a novice user. Thanks in advance.

When you flash using Miflash it flashes the same rom on both systems and boots to system 1 by default. Then if an update is downloaded and installed from updater app it gets applied to system 2 and the phone is automatically set to reboot to system 2.

Reactions: tanclo
Hi to everyone! I wanted to ask if installing MiuiAndroid rom Does it work the OTA Update or not??? Because like 1 month ago it worked. I wouldn't like to flash every week a new version but with OTA will be easier

Hi to everyone! I wanted to ask if installing MiuiAndroid rom Does it work the OTA Update or not??? Because like 1 month ago it worked. I wouldn't like to flash every week a new version but with OTA will be easier
No ota.

Ok but why don't they use it ?
Seems like handling several servers and an internet connection capable of updating thousands of devices is something pricey... Handling an ota update would also need a different work from the one they are doing now. And probably more testing. So, lots of reasons.

Reactions: fra6220
Seems like handling several servers and an internet connection capable of updating thousands of devices is something pricey... Handling an ota update would also need a different work from the one they are doing now. And probably more testing. So, lots of reasons.
Thanks for the information :)

hi
every time i try to flash/update or do anything i got this screen
any idea ? please help
IMG_0200.jpg

This is on a mi2? What does your recovery screen look like when you first get into it?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

i allways get this i think its a fake mi2 i dont know
and i don't have fastboot i get factory mode instead

tanclo how is the right procedure to have root in JLB14? i read the post in bbs.xiaomi but i didn't understand which one you flash first and what you are doing next.Please write it if you like

For me it just works to install the ROM with the Updater app, then the langauge pack with the Updater app aswell. I don't really care about which partition it installs to, as long as it works.
doesn't Updater also update the "active" partition? For the past few weekly updates, there have been posts informing us to use Updater.

Or is there another additional step that involves going into MIUI Recovery?

i wanna clarify few things:

If i come from original manufacture ROM, i understand its installed in Partition 1 AND Partition 2.
If i use default MiRecovery to update the "development ROM". it will install in Partition 1 ONLY.
The question is, will it have any conflict after reboot into MIUI?
Or Do i have to update Partition 2 as well using Updater app when i booted into Partition 1.

2nd Question.
If i wipe/reset what does it do? Will it wipe Partition 1 and Partition 2 as well?

thanks for your time and effort to reply. hope to hear you soon

Reactions: moonbugz
Just install miuiandroid rom for aries twice using only Updater app.
Don't use recovery, just let MIUI handle flashing and rebooting.

Wysłane z MI 2

Reactions: moonbugz
Just install miuiandroid rom for aries twice using only Updater app.
Don't use recovery, just let MIUI handle flashing and rebooting.

Wysłane z MI 2
how do i install twice in my mi2 , if using the updater app.
thanks

Install -> Reboot and then do it again.
thanks, i just update to Mui Version JLB15 from Jlb 10, now what is the best compatible version of rom available right now as i really don't have an idea about this phone. thanks.

thanks, i just update to Mui Version JLB15 from Jlb 10, now what is the best compatible version of rom available right now as i really don't have an idea about this phone. thanks.
wait till this Friday and flash the latest! the link is at the top right side panel

I have read all 9 pages and i still dont understand. My phone allmost gets delivered and i want to update it immediately.

1) So i boot my phone (I asume its on system 1 when it comes out of the box)
2) flash "miuiandroid_aries_jb-3.5.31.zip" wich goes to system 2.
3) reboot to system 2
4) flash "miuiandroid_lang_aries_jb-3.5.31.zip" wich goes to system 1.
5) reboot to system 1
6) flash "miuiandroid_gapps-4.1.2-small_signed.zip" witch goes to system 2
7) reboot to system 2
8) flash "miuiandroid_gapps-4.1.2-small_signed.zip" witch goes to system 1

Result:
System 1: MIUI multilanguage 3.5.31 with google apps.
System 2: MIUI english 3.5.31 with google apps.

Isnt it better to install clockworkmod and do full wipes for the first time so the cinese MIUI is completly gone?

”wipe factory/data > Yes”
”wipe cache > Yes”
”advanced > wipe dalvik cache> Yes”
”mounts and storage > format /system”

And a few more questions:

1) I know it isnt possible to flash roms to system 2 in stock recovery but can you do it from CMW?

2) If in step 2 i flash WIUI i wont have any chance of bricking right? or is it better to just stick with MIUI for safety? Because there is a warning that i cant flash it over any V5 roms that i will brick it. Is this a perm brick or just hard to recover from?

3) In THIS post they say you dont need to reboot that mutch that google apps gets flashed to the right partition anyway is this correct? that would make a lot of steps above unnecessary.

Thanks in advance.

Wrong. Don't install gapps as aries already has gapps. Just flash rom twice for the first time. That's all. Don't do anything else.

Wysłane z MI-2

Reactions: Really_Wacky
I've also read the whole thread, and there is something I'm not fully sure of: if I want the multilanguage version, do I need to install first the normal version? Or does the multilanguage includes also the base rom, and can be installed directly?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta