A simple update guide for xiaomi M2

Hi Hadron,

Recently purchased the MI2s here in China and was unable to use Play Store.

To cut a long story short I am a complete beginner and decided to see if I could flash one of the unofficial versions of MIUI as I am currently running MIUI-JLB 13.0 to see if that changed my fortunes with play store.

I installed the ROM 3.6.7 on my SD card (I don't have a ROOT folder, I'm not sure if that would be a cause for failure) as update.zip and got into the recovery mode, updated using SD and starting installing update.zip but it failed and suggested rebooting as normal.

Any tips on where I went wrong or if this is even going to enhance my MIUI experience in China?

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

I am using the play store with out any issue. Root is not a folder it means at your SDCard out side ! not in any folder on your sdcart like /sdcard/update.zip . From where did you download the ROM? from this forum or official chinese forum?
Try the ROM form rom.xiaomi.cn and i hope it will work. you can also try this app to install google apps

Thanks for the help hadron.

The ROM was from this website so that shouldn't be the problem. Maybe I need to wipe cache or partition or something like that? Again, apologies, complete amateur here. I'll give this google apps installer a whirl. I've managed to get the play store on the phone fine, simply when I'm syncing it it seems to force close.

I even tried installing a vpn to see if I could circumvent any local restrictions but those that I tried wouldn't connect either?

Just to update I installed the google app installer and successfully installed google maps and google chrome which is good.

However, when the Play Store was installed the same happened upon opening the app; I get this message, "unfortunately play store has stopped working". It seems the connection to the store is the issue. I do currently live in China and I wonder if this may be the issue?

Again, any help is greatly appreciated!

Living in China is not an issue as I also live in China. Wipe all data and try again

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ah I didn't realise. This is getting very peculiar.

I have tried the official ROM from the MIUI site and it aborted the install again.

I currently have MIUI-JLB 13.0 and it does not have the updater app. Therefore I am trying the miflash way and also considering trying to update the stable ROM to JLB 16.0 but it is strange that when I go in to 'about phone' and check 'system update' it says no update found?

i wanna clarify few things:

If i come from original manufacture ROM, i understand its installed in Partition 1 AND Partition 2.
If i use default MiRecovery to update the "development ROM". it will install in Partition 1 ONLY.
The question is, will it have any conflict after reboot into MIUI?
Or Do i have to update Partition 2 as well using Updater app when i booted into Partition 1.

2nd Question.
If i wipe/reset what does it do? Will it wipe Partition 1 and Partition 2 as well?

thanks for your time and effort to reply. hope to hear you soon

There is only one data section.. When you wipe you wipe only that.

I find it best to have miui in system 2 and native in system 1

So to Get MIUI into system 2...

Method 1: Flash miui via fastboot (this way you have the same rom on both systems)
Place native zip in root of sdcard.. Rename to update . zip enter mirecovery
Then wipe all data and flash native into system 1 from sdcard mi recovery. Reboot to system 1, copy gapps to the root and rename it update.zip Do the same with the gapps.. Then Reboot to system 1

Method 2: wipe everything from mirecovery
flash miui from mirecovery
Boot into system 1 flash miui from updater app. Enter Mirecovery then wipe data again and flash the native

What you should remember is anytime you boot into native or miui, the data for that rom will conflict with the other one so, if you want to swap booted system, you must do the wiping again regardless you entered any account data or language selection.. You must Wipe all data. Then swap systems

You can have miui in system 2 and native in system 1 just remember to wipe properly after booting into one then swapping to another

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ah I didn't realise. This is getting very peculiar.

I have tried the official ROM from the MIUI site and it aborted the install again.

I currently have MIUI-JLB 13.0 and it does not have the updater app. Therefore I am trying the miflash way and also considering trying to update the stable ROM to JLB 16.0 but it is strange that when I go in to 'about phone' and check 'system update' it says no update found?
You have fake MI-2. Sorry. There's nothing you can do with that.

That's what I was afraid of.

I'm going to get on the case with getting a refund straight away and get a real one.

The fake one was pretty good so the real one must be great!

On the 'about phone' the spec is all correct etc though so it must be a bloody good fake.

Go to recovery. Its simple text recovery with blue fonts or its Mi Recovery 2.0.0 ?

Reactions: tanclo
Android system recovery <3e>

Orange font and a picture of an android laying on it's back with its belly open showing a blue inside with a red warning sign popping out (maybe too much information)

Well then, I think you already know the answer. Sorry.

No need for you to apologise.

Thoroughly grateful for all your help.

Lets hope I can get this resolved and rejoin this fantastic community as a fully functioning member with an actual MI2.

Just to update I have bought a real MI2 s and I am currently getting her set up.

This phone feels completely different and the ROM is clearly different to the one I was lead to believe was a real one.

Just as a thought I didn't find a phone retailer who would let me play with a display phone first and had I done that it would have been very apparent that the one I bought originally was not authentic.

Anyways, it's been expensive but I am ecstatic with this phone. Good work lads.

I am now interested in flashing the ROM to the 3.6.14 version.

Just a few quick questions before going ahead. Will I get a different effect depending on whether I flash the ROM to partition 1 or 2?

How do I restore to stable JLB 16.0 if I don't like the developer ROM and will the developer ROM boost the sound output through a headset. The one limitation I can see of this phone so far is that audio output for media playback is not quite loud enough.

Again, all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am now interested in flashing the ROM to the 3.6.14 version.

Just a few quick questions before going ahead. Will I get a different effect depending on whether I flash the ROM to partition 1 or 2?

How do I restore to stable JLB 16.0 if I don't like the developer ROM and will the developer ROM boost the sound output through a headset. The one limitation I can see of this phone so far is that audio output for media playback is not quite loud enough.

Again, all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

yes you can. with the CWM RECOVERY you can install back the JLB 16.0. But you have to backup everything first before doing anyhting.

I will integrate some audio equaliser in future release. right now i concentrating tweaks only.

Thanks L.Simon.

Just to be sure, what is the best way to get CWM RECOVERY on my MI2s? There seems to be a version of it on the Play Store but googling it reveals that I have to upload it like a ROM?

Hi there,
Last week I received my Xiaomi Mi2S 16BG. The first thing was to download and install MIUI v5 Multi Lang 3.6.14. I did the install with the updater function that was available within the standard MIUI. The install was without any problems and the mobile works great with my MIUI 3.6.14. I assume that my installed MIUI 3.6.14 is installed on system 2 that I now use.

Now that I installed some accounts, a lot of apps and rearanged the icons in maps, I have some questions before updating to the newer version of MIUI:

1. When I update with the Update function to a newer MIUI, will system 1 (now the original MIUI that came with the mobile) be overwritten with the updated MIUI ?

2. Will all my account information and apps be available? If yes, wil the layout (I created different maps with apps) also be available?

3. I read that before update to a newer MIUI it is important to do a backup with the backup function of the security centre. But that isn't working for me. When I start the backup it will stop immediately. The report says "unable to start activity ComponentInfo"...... Can you help me with this problem?

Android system recovery <3e>

Orange font and a picture of an android laying on it's back with its belly open showing a blue inside with a red warning sign popping out (maybe too much information)
Same case as this guy, android system recovery 3e
Is it a fake for definites and is there anything you'd recommend doing?

Hi,

I installed Miuiandroid rom on my Xiaomi m2s. After rebooting i get the message: ''Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped''. Even the apps are chaotic placed all around. Not only miuiandroid but also my chinese rom is a mess now.

Can someone help me with it. Thank you.

Hi,

I installed Miuiandroid rom on my Xiaomi m2s. After rebooting i get the message: ''Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped''. Even the apps are chaotic placed all around. Not only miuiandroid but also my chinese rom is a mess now.

Can someone help me with it. Thank you.
Make factory reset...

~Tapatalk 4~

Make factory reset...

~Tapatalk 4~

Thank you ingbrzy

I have one more question. A friend who has the same phone want to go back to the phone's original state. With Chinese Rom instead of miuiandroid. With chinese apps, miui market, voice command etc. Like the way you just bought it. Is that possible?

Thank you ingbrzy

I have one more question. A friend who has the same phone want to go back to the phone's original state. With Chinese Rom instead of miuiandroid. With chinese apps, miui market, voice command etc. Like the way you just bought it. Is that possible?
Yes. Just install latest rom ROM from official website www.miui.com

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

I think it's conflicting with miuiandroid rom. Is there a possibility to wipe out all the roms and start a clean install?