A very strange display error on my Mi3

Anil Sardiwal

Members
Aug 8, 2014
I have recently purchased Xiaomi mi3 from Flipkart and after using it merely for 5 days, I am seeing this bug. Can anyone please tell me what's wrong with this phone?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just got my phone as well probably the same batch on the 5th of august. I have the exact same issue with the display. Random touches everywhere. It disappears after you lock and unlock the phone a couple of times. But it gets irritating after a while. Please update this thread as soon as you get a reply.

The easyest thing you can try is changing the rom, put the lates developer rom from this site and see if it helps, im optimist that its software related.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have quite similar situation ONLY when I'm charging the mi3: the touch screen appears completely crazy and touching the screen to unlock the phone or to click upon an app become really difficult. It's like if a "ghost touch" would be upon the screen. If the phone is not charging on the wall, no problem: never had a situation like in the video upon. I don't think it's software problem, because I've installed all the possible Roms and the situation never changed. But you can try to install another ROM.