a2sd miui 1.22

DroidJedi

Members
Jan 25, 2011
created 512mb partition with rom manager with 32mb swap..and
than installed miui 1.22 stable, but the a2sd in system setting says this device does not support a2sd+..
also have tried the a2sd cachesd in terminal and it says a2sd does not exist. Where do I go from here?

love the rom..would hate to switch!

motorola droid1

Mine must have stop working in 1.22 now I get the low space icon at the top of the screen.

Did you Su first?

Sent from my SexyNexy using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Yes I did put the su first in the terminal...I also have installed the darktremor a2sd script on the miui 1.22
and where it was saying that a2sd+ does not exist on this device(or whatever) it now says free space is 0.00
and used space is 0.00. also when I enter terminal and enter the darktremor script commands it says sd card not mounted or
something of the sort...My guess is that miui on my device(droid 1) is just not compatible with a2sd and miui! Waiting for update from Jamezelle...hopefully soon
hate to switch roms! Hope someone can help out asap..that would be cool!

I'm on Nexus One so it could be different...

After the upgrade, I got similar message (no space available). Luckily, i have a few kb left, enough to launch terminal and run the cachesd command by a2sd. The problem I believe is that dalvik cache is moved to phone memory after the update. Just need to fix it.

tried all terminal a2sd commands, pretty much says can not mount!
thats with the darktremor script....before I installed the darktremor script, terminal
would just say a2sd not found! i think miui needs to include a built in a2sd script, that would be great for us droid 1 users!
Have several paid apps that i can't install(no space), that i once used with cm, a while back all my apps were able to run after being moved to sd card in cm!
Not any more, I feel that is what makes a2sd mandatory in future miui builds for droid 1, it tricks the app that its installed on the phone. I need that ..like a fat kid needs cake!

tried all terminal a2sd commands, pretty much says can not mount!
thats with the darktremor script....before I installed the darktremor script, terminal
would just say a2sd not found! i think miui needs to include a built in a2sd script, that would be great for us droid 1 users!
Have several paid apps that i can't install(no space), that i once used with cm, a while back all my apps were able to run after being moved to sd card in cm!
Not any more, I feel that is what makes a2sd mandatory in future miui builds for droid 1, it tricks the app that its installed on the phone. I need that ..like a fat kid needs cake!

Darktremor is pre-installed on the n1 version you just have to enter the command to run it

Sent from my SexyNexy using the miui-dev.com Forums App

kernal

I have the answer! Using the droid 1..... The stock kernal does not work "MiUI 1.22"
The only kernal I have found to be sucessful is "slayher 1.6" I use the link provided in ROM manager!
Also recommend wiping, reinstalling MIUI, allow 1st boot... reboot into recovery install slayher 1.6 kernal, and then darks a2sd script! As long as you have partioned your card correctly everything should be smooth sailing. BTW swap is also enabled I reconmend a swappy setting of 10...

When should I partition my card and how , I usually do the partitioning with rom manager, is that suffice?
Also, Swap setting of 10, is that mb? I have chosen the 800mhz slayer 1.6 kernel and the darktremor 2.7.5.3 beta 4 a2sd script!
I did a wipe and install of miui 1.22 booted then rebooted to install the kernal booted again, than rebooted to install a2sd scrpit. Still in terminal manger when I run the a2sd reinstall command it says sd card not mounted, wondering if I should format and repartition card with rom manager, and also wondering at what point should I do that, if I decide to do the whole process again.

ThanX in advance