Advice on resetting Xiaomi.EU

amalka.ari

Members
Jul 4, 2021
Hi everyone,
I'm using Xiaomi Mi9T Pro with OrangeFox custom recovery and Xiaomi.EU 12.5.4 custom rom. Android 11 and MIUI 12.5 came in a single update and it definitely isn't as smooth as Android 10/MIUI 12.0.x.x. I think a factory reset might smooth things out (as recommended by other Xioami users who got Android 11 update). Also factory reset erases the internal storage.
So my question is since I'm using a custom recovery would I be able to do a system reset without erasing the internal storage? I've done that with other TWRP and other custom roms but OrangeFox does support MIUI OTA updates and seems more compatible with MIUI. So I'm not sure doing it now, I need advice from someone with experience.
Is it possible to do a system reset without erasing internal storage?
Thanks in advance

Yes, you can...
Wipe > select Data, Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache > swipe to wipe > done.

Reactions: geoorg
Hi everyone,
I'm using Xiaomi Mi9T Pro with OrangeFox custom recovery and Xiaomi.EU 12.5.4 custom rom. Android 11 and MIUI 12.5 came in a single update and it definitely isn't as smooth as Android 10/MIUI 12.0.x.x. I think a factory reset might smooth things out (as recommended by other Xioami users who got Android 11 update). Also factory reset erases the internal storage.
So my question is since I'm using a custom recovery would I be able to do a system reset without erasing the internal storage? I've done that with other TWRP and other custom roms but OrangeFox does support MIUI OTA updates and seems more compatible with MIUI. So I'm not sure doing it now, I need advice from someone with experience.
Is it possible to do a system reset without erasing internal storage?
Thanks in advance
unfortunately answer is NO.
System reset is wipe data, the phone will be back to original state and your application data erased.
What you can do, with some little risk, is to downgrade your stable EU rom.
Anyway save your data first in case of mess.
good luck

Like twrp, you can do a system reset using orangefox. And this doesn't format internal storage.
To do a factory reset in orangefox
Tap on "Wipe", tick Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, Data, and swipe to wipe.