Afraid To Flash Eu Rom.

AionLindstrom

Members
Oct 5, 2016
Greetings guys!
I'm new to the community and to Xiaomi world, so please to meet you, I bought my MI4c almost 1 month ago, and really liked it, I'm not a heavy user, basically the most comom social network, some music and video streamings, and the popular Pokemon Go. My device came with some "Global MIUI7" rom that i can't find to download, and saturday "10/02/16" a update that fails at CTS Profile verification, so I can not play my only mobile game, so I decided to search, and found a update on xiaomi site the chinese rom, who i update, even without my mother language (Brazilian portuguese) since english isn't a problem at all. There my problems started.

Bugs:
My notification bar sometimes won't slide down until I lock and unlock my phone.
Many chinese Apps, that are installed back by the MI Store because of updates.
Chinese Keyboard that come back to standard Keyboard also because of Mi Store.
GPS Gets lost, or think too much before find itself.
Sometimes my notifications just won't popup i need to open my chat, social apps to have a boom of notifications.

Things that grind my gear.
The MIUI8 Notification bar makes spotify and others app unreadable.
The APPs background icon grey instead of transparent like MIUI7.

My doubts, the european MIUI8 have any os this problems? Or at least the MIUI7 get ride of chinesse apps? Can I use the European MIUI without root and everything else that stops me from playing Pokemon GO?

Thank you, and sorry if anything isn't clear enough.

Last edited:
Hey man, i do not see reason why would you stay on your current ROM if you have that many bugs. There are also chances that your ROM is modified!
You can not lose if you flash MIUI8. The process is very simple, tell me, is your bootloader unlocked?
If yes, then you neeed to install ADB drivers. Download TWRP for your phone and Minimal ADB&Fastboot files.
Extract the TWRP and move the .img file to the Minimal ADB&Fastboot files, re-name the twrp file to more simple one, like recovery.img.
Open a comand window from there (Open the folder with Minimal ADB&Fastboot files, HOLD Shift and press Right Click, choose open comand window here);
Now use this comand:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This will take few moments, after it is done, type:
fastboot boot recovery.img

Voila, now you have Custom Recovery, now download latest Xiaomi.Eu ROM put it on your internal storage. Wipe Cache/Data/Dalvik/System and then install the ROM.

Hey guys thank you, actually i don't know it my recovery is unlocked, but I've seen somewhere that i can get this information on ADB right? I'll give a try today after work, the way you put this really looks like easy, my fear is to screw up like my Moto X and brick it for Days until i find out how to revive him. Thank you for your replys, as soon as possible I'll give you a feedback about it.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Guys, just to give a feedback, really thank you! It was really easy to do everything, I used a tutorial to unlock bootloader without Xiaomi (Link below), and them flashed like kic10 said to do, it's working now on my mother language, without chinese randon apps, and PoGo worked on first try, I'll use the MIUI8 EU from today on and see if everything go ok. Really thank you guys, you are an awesome comunity.

http :// forum.xda- developers.com/ mi-4c/general/guide-unlocking-mi4c-bl-verification-t3336779

Reactions: iamme729
Hi guys, I'm back, at start the rom showed itself laggy, and slow, I was ready to cry but I finished the initial configuration and restarted the phone, until now is working flawless. About the bugs that I was complayning, Until now my notification bar hasn't freezed whats is a good thing, no chinese annoying apps, GPS working flawless even turned off my wether app know at least the right city I'm on, no notifications problems at all, this rom is running like a charm.

Now some doubts, can I use the weekly rom without root? I'm amazed by this rom and would appreciate to be a tester, and try to help you guys find out anything out of place.

Is there anyway to customize the MIUI Launcher or to use MIUI 7 launcher? My complains about unreadable music apps on notification drawer isn't "resolved". Searching I find out that is a "problem" of MIUI 8, but I think that could be solved by having access to MIUI configurations, like nova launcher.

Again thank you guys, the Mi Community is really active and it's making me a walking Mi propaganda.

Actually I don't want to root my phone, since PoGo won't work with rooted devices. But since each weekly update you lose the root I can assume that i won't have any problems using without it right?