Alarm not responding ...

I am using Alarm also every day... phone is plugged in to the charger all night... never had issue like you... Alarm is working fine for me...

Are you using only english build or Multilang...? if multilang, which language are you using..?

am using multi language rom
but i have the phone set to English
i need multi for greek !!

am using multi language rom
but i have the phone set to English
i need multi for greek !!
so you can make a translation for Greek... we don't have translator for that language...

So its not caused by ROM or app.. Its your charger... :)

if you read my post above you will see that i change the charger 2 times !!!
and wile is everything ok , sudently starts to have this problem !!

I'm on 3.3.8 and use a Nokia high efficiency charger.
Stock alarm works fine for me. I use deep sleep battery saver too

Also using 1.2A charger and alarm works well for me..

I never had this bug before!
I use Xiaomi Original charger, and used Nokia high efficiency charger.
My alarm rings every 4 days a week on 06:00 AM and 3 times a week at 07:00 AM

What you can do is this:
1- make full wipe/factory reset. -> I preffare a full new ROM to both partitions, using CMW recovery with full system 1,2 and User data partition and dalvik cache wipe.

2- DO NOT restore any backup, NOT EVEN your contacts.

3- IF Supported by the operator, set time on Automatic update. if not, set time manually and make sure you typed it correctly (AM/PM) or 24Hrs format.

4- Set your alarm as you do every time.

5- GET A BACKUP alarm like old Nokia phone, or a normal alarm, you're already 4 days late and you really don't want to get fired!

6- test it while charging/discharging/night/day/when ever you feel it's time for a test.

Please post your feedback here
Have a nice day :)

I am having the same problem.

I willing to try wiping the alarm app and a different charger but you must admit - something has changed with V5 as I never had this issue in V4. Nothing else has changed for me - I use the same charger I have always used.

Something is definately amiss in V5 - but hey, its still in Beta :)

Can anyone report if this method here worked or not?
http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/alarm-not-responding.19710/page-2#post-157952

I used Xiaomi Mi2 since it was V4 and now i'm using V5 and never had a problem with anything.

I never had this bug before!
I use Xiaomi Original charger, and used Nokia high efficiency charger.
My alarm rings every 4 days a week on 06:00 AM and 3 times a week at 07:00 AM

What you can do is this:
1- make full wipe/factory reset. -> I preffare a full new ROM to both partitions, using CMW recovery with full system 1,2 and User data partition and dalvik cache wipe.

2- DO NOT restore any backup, NOT EVEN your contacts.

3- IF Supported by the operator, set time on Automatic update. if not, set time manually and make sure you typed it correctly (AM/PM) or 24Hrs format.

4- Set your alarm as you do every time.

5- GET A BACKUP alarm like old Nokia phone, or a normal alarm, you're already 4 days late and you really don't want to get fired!

6- test it while charging/discharging/night/day/when ever you feel it's time for a test.

Please post your feedback here
Have a nice day :)

I guess the kicker to this issue is (well at least for me), I can't reproduce it consistently. I tried many combinations last night to get it to fail and could not reproduce (I havn't applied any fixes yet). I did notice on the morning my alarm did not work, I had to reboot the phone before I could get back into the Alarm settings so maybe its a memory issue?

Alarm failed again last night. I am on 3.3.15. I wanted to see if it would still do it after the update.

When trying to get into the Alarm app - it fails to open and needs a full reboot before I can get into the Alarm app.
It does not leave any error - just white screen.

Anyone else still having the issue?

Alarm failed again last night. I am on 3.3.15. I wanted to see if it would still do it after the update.

When trying to get into the Alarm app - it fails to open and needs a full reboot before I can get into the Alarm app.
It does not leave any error - just white screen.

Anyone else still having the issue?

When you have this issue and the alarm is not opening, please do what's in this topic:

http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/how-to-make-logcat-with-adb.18455/

The same thing happen to me too. Alarm app fails to open, doesn' leave error, just white screen. I'll try to make a logcat.

ADB: When I set the USB debugging, does not appear anything in the notifications screen, as if it were turned off.

I couldnt get the log cat last time it failed either.

While I was trying the log cat, after about 10 mins it made a squeak, the righted itself and the alarm started chiming. Very strange indeed. It was on/off the USB cable at this stage.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Also using 1.2A charger and alarm works well for me..

Hey ingbrzy!

It is expected there will be some changes to the CLOCK App on friday?
I changed to the official Xiaomi charger, what was in the box, but the problem is still there.

Thx!

Hey ingbrzy!

It is expected there will be some changes to the CLOCK App on friday?
I changed to the official Xiaomi charger, what was in the box, but the problem is still there.

Thx!
no changes coming yet... Alarm clock works fine for me and other thousands of users...
its just you guys and We don't know what is a issue... sorry for that...

try clear data for alarm app...

no changes coming yet... Alarm clock works fine for me and other thousands of users...
its just you guys and We don't know what is a issue... sorry for that...

try clear data for alarm app...

I do not trust so that the alarm, and all night wondering whether I'm going to wake up in time.
Cleared the app data again, if the problem still persists... i'm going to commit hara-kiri... :) Or hara-full-wipe...

I do not trust so that the alarm, and all night wondering whether I'm going to wake up in time.
Cleared the app data again, if the problem still persists... i'm going to commit hara-kiri... :) Or hara-full-wipe...
you can still install any of alarm apps from Google Play.... for example AlarmDroid...