All photos deleted

rom888

Members
May 17, 2018
Mi 6 and the latest ROM from xiaomi.eu (8.10.18). today found out that all photos disappeared from the phone. Luckily, I have them all on Google Photos but anyway this is a very unpleasant situation. This happened suddenly without any warning! How was this possible? Is it a common bag?

Mi 6 and the latest ROM from xiaomi.eu (8.10.18). today found out that all photos disappeared from the phone. Luckily, I have them all on Google Photos but anyway this is a very unpleasant situation. This happened suddenly without any warning! How was this possible? Is it a common bag?
That would only happen on a clean flash where data partition is wiped. Not a bug.

That would only happen on a clean flash where data partition is wiped. Not a bug.
I've never done it and don't even know how to do it. I just opened the gallery and saw there are no photos. They've just gone.

I've never done it and don't even know how to do it. I just opened the gallery and saw there are no photos. They've just gone.
The only way that happens is if:

a) Someone deleted them
b) User data was deleted.

no. never did it. it simply happened itself
It simply can't just "happen" itself. You must have flashed and wiped user data. Anyway, you said you've got a Cloud backup so no harm done. Just be careful when flashing ROM that you aren't wiping user data partition and you wont see this happening.

The only way that happens is if:

a) Someone deleted them
b) User data was deleted.
Sometimes photos from hidden folder after decrypt desapire.

In last Xiaomi.eu update on Mi Max i check and after update i dont have any city's in weater app (before i have 6) and Xperia Keayboard desapire. I must install again. Before never lose this things.
I dont do any wipes and dont delete manual.
I see many users have simillar action. Its happened only on Xiaomi.eu on China i never had this issue.

Reactions: rom888
It simply can't just "happen" itself. You must have flashed and wiped user data. Anyway, you said you've got a Cloud backup so no harm done. Just be careful when flashing ROM that you aren't wiping user data partition and you wont see this happening.

I just took my phone as usually, unlocked it with my finger and found out that there are no photos anymore in the gallery.

I didn't do any ROM flashing that time! and didn't hide anything in the gallery or file manager. I JUST TOOK MY PHONE AND UNLOCKED IT AS I DO EVERYTIME.

it happened in few days after I updated ROM to the latest via OTA. so I didn't wipe any data.

Isn't there a setting somewhere in Google Photo to automatically delete local copies of files that have been uploaded to the cloud?