Amazon Prime Video not playing content in HD

kevsho

Members
Jan 30, 2021
I know this might be a recurring thread in here, but I've been searching through the forums and so far I haven't encountered a recent thread about this.

I'm currently running Weekly 21.1.28 on my Xiaomi Mi 9t. DRM Info reports that I have Widevine L1; videos on Netflix and Disney+ play just fine in Full HD with no issues at all, but this isn't the case for Amazon Prime Video. I made sure that my download quality and stream quality were set to best and still, it looks like SD.

I searched a bunch, and from what I can remember when I used global ROM, Amazon Prime Video always refused to play videos in HD (for me), so this seems to be an issue on the app itself. I know this used to be fixed by changing the device name by flashing something via TWRP, but I don't know if those fixes are meant to be used with the latest builds or even work as of today. My question is, has anyone faced the same issue as me with the latest builds, and is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Did you try to clear all data of the "Amazon Prime" app in phone's settings? Is this issue persist after that?

I know this might be a recurring thread in here, but I've been searching through the forums and so far I haven't encountered a recent thread about this.

I'm currently running Weekly 21.1.28 on my Xiaomi Mi 9t. DRM Info reports that I have Widevine L1; videos on Netflix and Disney+ play just fine in Full HD with no issues at all, but this isn't the case for Amazon Prime Video. I made sure that my download quality and stream quality were set to best and still, it looks like SD.

I searched a bunch, and from what I can remember when I used global ROM, Amazon Prime Video always refused to play videos in HD (for me), so this seems to be an issue on the app itself. I know this used to be fixed by changing the device name by flashing something via TWRP, but I don't know if those fixes are meant to be used with the latest builds or even work as of today. My question is, has anyone faced the same issue as me with the latest builds, and is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.
I know in apps like Netflix that sometimes even when Widevine L1 is restored, it will require you to clear app data in settings in order for it to work. This is a known issue and if you have looked at the weekly rom release for this week, you can see it under the change logs that you might need to clear app data for those Widevine changes to reflect.

Hello,

Did you try to clear all data of the "Amazon Prime" app in phone's settings? Is this issue persist after that?

I know in apps like Netflix that sometimes even when Widevine L1 is restored, it will require you to clear app data in settings in order for it to work. This is a known issue and if you have looked at the weekly rom release for this week, you can see it under the change logs that you might need to clear app data for those Widevine changes to reflect.

Hello. I am currently running a fresh install of Weekly 21.1.28 so I don't think that's the issue. Either way, I now cleared app data for Prime Video (and regular Amazon Shopping too, just in case) and the issue persists. Am I the only one with this particular issue?

Update:
Found this amazing thread by @Poney70, flashed the "Minimal Safe Version" using the given instructions, cleared all data in Prime Video and now I can watch content in HD. Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Olá. No momento, estou executando uma nova instalação do Weekly 21.1.28, então eu não acho que esse seja o problema. De qualquer forma, agora limpei os dados do aplicativo para o Prime Video (e o Amazon Shopping regular também, por via das dúvidas) e o problema persiste. Sou o único com esse problema em particular?

atualização:
Encontrei este por @Poney70, piscou a "Versão Segura Mínima" usando as instruções dadas, limpou todos os dados no Prime Video e agora pode assistir conteúdo em HD. , como você? Você poderia me ajudar? Você usou rom personalizado? Meu, meu.

Hello, how did you do? Could you help me? Did you use custom rom? My device is a poco x3 nfc, I wiped the data from the Amazon app and the video prime and it hasn't changed anything for me