Ambient Display for LCD devices

banyartibi

Members
Jan 23, 2019
Dear Developers.

I can't forget MIUI but also can't leave with the stock anymore. I really loves your work even if need to live with some new "workarounds" it's just simply awesome. I have multiple devices from Note4 through Redmi5 Plus till Poco and Mi8 Lite. I really love AOD on LOS where it can timeout after XX seconds but in case of proximity wake and similar actions like new notification it show the black backgrounded white texts and icons what super cool even on LCD. Unfortunately Xiaomi simply close the topic with the fake only for Amoled story but seems you are more experienced developers so my question. Can you let us choose if we want to burn our battery for AOD on LCD phones? :)

This is simply not going to happen. People already complain about their poor battery lives, we're not going to add fuel to that bonefire.
Not only that, it's not so simple as just "giving a choice". All of the AOD-related code is completely absent on devices that don't officially support the feature.
Even attempting to port those piles of code will require hours of maintenance every single release, for every single Android version.