Android 11 to Android 12

LikMaw

Members
Oct 24, 2021
Hello everyone!
This is my first post here and I was wondering if it is necessary to do something when updating from Android 11 to 12. Do I have to do something different or just update normally? Thanks.

Edit: I'm on stable Xiaomi.eu

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
This is my first post here and I was wondering if it is necessary to do something when updating from Android 11 to 12. Do I have to do something different or just update normally? Thanks.
it depends… are you on stable, weekly? we dont have a glass sphere..

Reactions: gogocar62
There can be some bugs in OS. Well the most options remains same with some tweak in UI section only.

Does this mean you want to install the weekly version with Android 12?
You need to do a clean install in fastboot

- unzip fastoot ROM
- connect the phone to the PC in fastboot mode
- in the expanded ROM click on windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat if you are using win OS on PC.
- wait until the phone restarts into the system

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2021-10-25 173630.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2021-10-25 173630.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 196
Does this mean you want to install the weekly version with Android 12?
You need to do a clean install in fastboot

- unzip fastoot ROM
- connect the phone to the PC in fastboot mode
- in the expanded ROM click on windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat if you are using win OS on PC.
- wait until the phone restarts into the system
No, I just wanted to know what to do when android 12 comes out in stable. Thx btw

If TWRP is not compatible by then, the procedure will be the same, just use the update script. windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat. The data will be retained.

Reactions: LikMaw and Poney70
Just to be curious. When updated to xiaomi.eu weekly to A12. Easy back to last weekly by format data en flash 21.9.1 in twrp?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M2102K1AC met Tapatalk

Reactions: Mitei
Just to be curious. When updated to xiaomi.eu weekly to A12. Easy back to last weekly by format data en flash 21.9.1 in twrp?

yes… perhaps format could be a challenge. stock rom, mi flash, boot twrp, install a11

Last edited:
Reactions: marcel112
Can I maybe just start "windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat" and install it without deleting it?
Currently I have : MIUI 12.6 by xiaomi.eu 21.9.15 Beta and I want to "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.0.8.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11-fastboot" switch.
Can I still keep my applications?

IMG_20211024_210627.jpg

Reactions: pistap
From Android 11 to Android 12 weekly. Sorry got it wrong? My knowledge of English is poor.

„Because TWRP doesn't work with Android 12, the update needs to be flashed in Fastboot mode. Download the ZIP package, unpack it and run update script (without formatting data if you're moving from Android 11 xiaomi.eu ROM or with format data if you're flashing it first time)."

From Android 11 to Android 12 weekly. Sorry got it wrong? My knowledge of English is poor.

„Because TWRP doesn't work with Android 12, the update needs to be flashed in Fastboot mode. Download the ZIP package, unpack it and run update script (without formatting data if you're moving from Android 11 xiaomi.eu ROM or with format data if you're flashing it first time)."

You said...
Currently I have : MIUI 12.6 by xiaomi.eu 21.9.15 Beta and I want to "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.0.8.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11-fastboot" switch.
Which is Weekly Android 11 to Stable Android 11...

Sorry, I wrote it wrong again.

Currently I have : MIUI 12.6 by xiaomi.eu 21.9.15 Beta and I want to "DOWNLOAD WEEKLY 21.10.20 : xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_21.10.22_v12-12-fastboot.zip" switch.
So, I want from Android 11 Weekly to Android 12 Weekly.

Used the info and updated from latest weekly to this one.. without any issues... Even wifi looks good.

Reading how patching boot.img is working

Reactions: pistap