Anti-rollback on EU rom question?

kauw5164

Members
Apr 10, 2018
For Xiaomi mi max 3 on 8.8.17. On China beta rom it will have ARB include.

Normally, EU rom developed from China rom it will have ARB too.

The question is "If eu rom have ARB we can downgrade rom?"

Arb is removed from our mimax3 rom..

Will you check all new China ROMs for all devices for the ARB "feature" before publishing the eu version?

Xiaomi has not always been, shall we call it proactive, about announcing the existence of ARB in its ROMs in advance.

How about Mi 6x , Redmi 6 Pro , Redmi Note 5 ROM have ARB too ? Will be like a MI Max 3 ROM from EU ?
Same for all.. Our ROMs are safe.. Of course don't try go lower than 8.8.3 or stable..

Reactions: cobben
Can i install Xiaomi.eu ROM V8.8.16 on My MI6x China version V8.8.16? Note: MY phone locked anti_rollback 4.

Same for all.. Our ROMs are safe.. Of course don't try go lower than 8.8.3 or stable..
I have a question, what if I come from anti 3 to a mi max 3 rom above 8.8.17?
can I downgrade back to 8.8.9 or any stable just like I want?

I have used your eu roms for my Mi 6X and I'm very impressed, this is close to the global roms (seeing our device doesn't have official global roms). I have been on Miui 9 and I have upgraded to Miui 10 on every version, I have checked my anti rollback status on the fastboot in the variables in the bootloader and I see:

fastboot getvar anti which returns 2. I assume this means my phone doesn't have the ARB enabled as I've always used xiaomi.eu roms? I know that 4 means ARB is enabled and 3 is disabled but what does 2 mean?

Reactions: ma.ashok.khadka
Hi, My Mi 6X updated itself to 9.6 (china stable) while i was waiting the annoying 360 hours to unlock the bootloader. Now it has ARB.
Bash:
sudo ./fastboot getvar anti
anti: 4
finished. total time: 0.000s

Can I update to EU ROM? The latest version is 9.5.7, won't that be considered a rollback from 9.6.6.0 and brick the device?

Also, you say all your ROMs are safe, but in your devices list, what does the Rollback protection = YES mean? Isn't that saying that your ROMs for MI8, MIMAX3, Redmi6 PRO, MI6X, and Redmi Note 5 have anti-rollback?

Thanks.

Hi, My Mi 6X updated itself to 9.6 (china stable) while i was waiting the annoying 360 hours to unlock the bootloader. Now it has ARB.
Bash:
sudo ./fastboot getvar anti
anti: 4
finished. total time: 0.000s

Can I update to EU ROM? The latest version is 9.5.7, won't that be considered a rollback from 9.6.6.0 and brick the device?

Also, you say all your ROMs are safe, but in your devices list, what does the Rollback protection = YES mean? Isn't that saying that your ROMs for MI8, MIMAX3, Redmi6 PRO, MI6X, and Redmi Note 5 have anti-rollback?

Thanks.
I do not think so

Either way the new EU stable MIUI 10.0.0.2 release should be OK right?

Checking the anti variable on a new rom via adb can only be done after you have flashed the rom.

yshalsager has written on Xda that Xiaomi seems to have implemented ARB in the TrustZone, the tz partition, the tz.mbn file in the firmware folder.

I have compared hashes for the tz.mbn files for various rom versions for a few devices.

That might be a reasonable way to check if something has been changed before you flash a new rom.

Of course you cannot know exactly what has been changed, there are other things in the TrustZone besides ARB.

So you then need a sacrificial device, someone who is willing to risk bricking to find out for sure.

Checking the anti variable on a new rom via adb can only be done after you have flashed the rom.

yshalsager has written on Xda that Xiaomi seems to have implemented ARB in the TrustZone, the tz partition, the tz.mbn file in the firmware folder.

I have compared hashes for the tz.mbn files for various rom versions for a few devices.

That might be a reasonable way to check if something has been changed before you flash a new rom.

Of course you cannot know exactly what has been changed, there are other things in the TrustZone besides ARB.

So you then need a sacrificial device, someone who is willing to risk bricking to find out for sure.

The hash for the tz.mbn firmware file is different once again for Max3 nitrogen between official China developer 8.8.30 and 8.9.6.

Which may or may not mean something has changed wrt ARB?

For Mix1 lithium nothing has changed.

I am checking via yshalsagers separate firmware downloads, not the original Xiaomi official rom files.
I'm downloading the eu 8.9.6 now for nitrogen, will check it too.

Addendum:
Eu 8.9.6 nitrogen contains a firmware folder, but with only 6 files in it (instead if the normal 16?), and no tz.mbn file.

Last edited: