Anybody tried encryption on Android 10 stable with Mix2S?

hoehm

Members
Jan 21, 2019
Wondering if anybody has installed the stable Android 10 version for Mix2S and encrypted the phone? Is it still good to go if I change the fstab.qcom file in TWRP after flashing the ROM?

LOLO9393

Members
Feb 8, 2016
Wondering if anybody has installed the stable Android 10 version for Mix2S and encrypted the phone? Is it still good to go if I change the fstab.qcom file in TWRP after flashing the ROM?
Yes, without a working TWRP at encryption level, the only solution is to trip fstab as we were doing before.
That perfectly work on android 10.
Already Checked on MI8 and MI8SE.. May be many more people can confirm it as well.
No hope to have an updated TWRP release for these "old" phone model.

Reactions: hoehm

PatrickZ

Members
Feb 7, 2020
It is located in vendor/etc folder.
You must MOUNT vendor before to see it.
Thanks a lot! I have tried many methods in about 2 days and finally failed. Now I succeed to encrypt it with your help.

My device is MIX 2S and (with MIUI.eu beta version MIMix2S_20.1.21_v11-10, not stable version). Modification to fstab.qcom works well.

Reactions: LOLO9393

LOLO9393

Members
Feb 8, 2016
Thanks a lot! I have tried many methods in about 2 days and finally failed. Now I succeed to encrypt it with your help.

My device is MIX 2S and (with MIUI.eu beta version MIMix2S_20.1.21_v11-10, not stable version). Modification to fstab.qcom works well.
Best to use the fencrypt.zip file to be flashed after any rom update.
You have a story about this to read there:
Change the fsatb file or try it like it is. I am almost sure they are very similar.

PatrickZ

Members
Feb 7, 2020
Best to use the fencrypt.zip file to be flashed after any rom update.
You have a story about this to read there:
Change the fsatb file or try it like it is. I am almost sure they are very similar.
Thanks. I enable encryption by modifying fstab.qcom file manually. Now the encryption works.
(I also checked the thread you give, and create my fencrypt.zip for MIX2S. Maybe it can be used for the next time)