Aqara Camera, Yeelights And Google Assistant

Faz1964

Members
Feb 19, 2018
Hi

Have all my rooms fitted with Yellights that work great with Google Assistant. Decided to buy the Aqara camera and sensors to integrate with my existing system but was not aware that the Aqara Camera etc do not run on the Miihome Singapore server just the mainland China one, which is not compatible with Google Home. :(

Anyone know of a work around for this problem as the camera and sensors are useless as things stand with me?

Reactions: markusd1984
Hi,
I had the same issue.
Unfortunately, I did not find any workaraound.
I also myself bought a bunch a Xiaomi/Aqara devices/sensors as I thought they would integrate well with my Yeelight and Google Home but they are now useless and waiting for Xiaomi to open the Gateway to servers other than the MainLand Chine one :/

Reactions: Faz1964
Hi,
I had the same issue.
Unfortunately, I did not find any workaraound.
I also myself bought a bunch a Xiaomi/Aqara devices/sensors as I thought they would integrate well with my Yeelight and Google Home but they are now useless and waiting for Xiaomi to open the Gateway to servers other than the MainLand Chine one :/

For me unfortunately a bunch of new, currently useless sensors just dropped through the letter box. Won't even bother opening them. :mad:

FRUSTRATING o_O

Hi Faz,
Just so you know, I have installed openHab on a raspberry Pi at home and connected everything to it. They now have a Google Home integration.
I am now able to use my sensors, Yeelight, switch all together and also control my lights with my Google Home \o/

Reactions: ilfavi and Faz1964
You can do this with home assistant as well, it might be easier to setup, although I have no experience with open hab

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk